The Official NBA Draft 2011 thread

Options
MillzOG
MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
edited June 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
is this draft class better than ? think? Or do ya think this is just gon go down as one of the worst?

Who you want your teams to draft, feel free to drop mock drafts in here too.

The Knicks need Kenneth Faried or i'd want Jimmer (? the haters nh)

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This draft is some ? but my Celtics need faried cuz our rebounding is terrible, but im hearing we're interested in Jordan Williams the center outta Maryland we've got the 25th pic so i'm not too optimistic
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't think it will be great, but with the amount of youngin's and international players its gonna take a while for them to show if they can play or not.
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This draft is some ? but my Celtics need faried cuz our rebounding is terrible, but im hearing we're interested in Jordan Williams the center outta Maryland we've got the 25th pic so i'm not too optimistic

Faried not falling to 25, but ya might be able to get Jeremy Tyler that highschool ? that was a top guy coming into college but decided to go overseas instead. He's got good potential.

This draft sucks if you're a lottery team but theres a ton of value in the late round picks imo. Winning teams are gonna be able to get some good bench depth in this draft, theres gonna be 4 year college guys that can contribute but have no potential going late in the 1st and in the 2nd rounds.....So im hopin the Knicks do what they usually do which is buy a few 2nd round picks to fill out the team.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Get on your job and do something about those lebron threads.

On topic it's only about 4 guys thats worth watching and thats Irving, Kemba Walker, Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter. I think Friedette go be like JJ Reddick, i dont see him doing all that much in the pro's.
  • S.jR.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Damn them ? ... If I haven't said before.. Props Millz!
  • BlackAX410
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Faried not falling to 25, but ya might be able to get Jeremy Tyler that highschool ? that was a top guy coming into college but decided to go overseas instead. He's got good potential.

This draft sucks if you're a lottery team but theres a ton of value in the late round picks imo. Winning teams are gonna be able to get some good bench depth in this draft, theres gonna be 4 year college guys that can contribute but have no potential going late in the 1st and in the 2nd rounds.....So im hopin the Knicks do what they usually do which is buy a few 2nd round picks to fill out the team.

oh yea I heard about him his stats overseas were unimpressive but he's got a 7'5 wingspan and over a 40 inch vert nd he's 6'11 i think that'll be a good look and under KG he could turn into sumthin special
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Get on your job and do something about those lebron threads.

On topic it's only about 4 guys thats worth watching and thats Irving, Kemba Walker, Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter. I think Friedette go be like JJ Reddick, i dont see him doing all that much in the pro's.

look again, I clapped at least 15 lebron threads in 2minutes.

Jimmer would have to go to the perfect situation to be a good player, in an open court situation he can start (if he can prove that he can find the open guy, kemba needs to show the same thing) but if not he can still be an effective scorer off the bench.

the Bulls need to try and trade up for Marshon Brooks, he looks like a legit nba 2 guard.
  • BlackAX410
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I dont watch college ball I rather watch grass grow than ncaa ball so I have no idea about none of these kids

But the nba draft is good for trades so hopefully we grab that 2 guard or make that power move cuz the nba definitely headed towards a lockout

Monta, Iguodala, and OJ Mayo are on the trade block who do you prefer outta the 3???
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I dont watch college ball I rather watch grass grow than ncaa ball so I have no idea about none of these kids

But the nba draft is good for trades so hopefully we grab that 2 guard or make that power move cuz the nba definitely headed towards a lockout

you're missin out if you dont watch college ball real talk....but watch those highlights, thats who the Bulls should be tryna grab...hes gonna go 10-20
  • S.jR.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'll just repost my thoughts on who I'd like the Bulls to target..

In the draft..

Jordan Hamilton...
    Marshon Brooks..
    LaceDarius Dunn.
    Klay Thompson (seems like we'd have to trade down.. outside shot)
    Alec Burks (waaaay outside shot)

Not gonna lie I'm mad it seems like Bismack Biyombo's stock increased, was hoping he dropped to the Bulls.

Any combination of Brooks, Hamilton, Burks and Biyombo I'd be satisfied.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited June 2011
    Options

you're missin out if you dont watch college ball real talk....but watch those highlights, thats who the Bulls should be tryna grab...hes gonna go 10-20

Cosign on Brooks, the bulls need to use those 2 late first rounders to move up
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    note to 76ers front office

draft a big ?

thanks.........
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »

In the draft..

Jordan Hamilton...
    Marshon Brooks..
    LaceDarius Dunn.

Not gonna lie I'm mad it seems like Bismack Biyombo's stock increased, was hoping he dropped to the Bulls.

Klay Thompson is slept on OD, he reminds me of Kevin Martin (not really the way he plays) but the fact that not alot of people talk about him before the draft but he'll come into the league and produce. Jordan Hamilton is another legit NBA 2 guard, hes a pure scorer but he just takes too many ? shots, Alec Burks is TRASH.

Bismack Biyombo's stock went sky high after 1 game when he was dominating the USA dudes (i forgot who was on the team) he damn near had a triple double with 10 blocks (he finished with 9 instead)...but theyre saying that they dont know for sure if hes only 20 years old lol
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'd prefer Ellis but mayo prolly is the best fit

How tall is this cat he play like john salmons and the bulls got the 28th and 30th picks they need to move way up

He 6"5, he the answer to the sg problem the Bulls have, he just need to put on some more weight.
  • S.jR.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'd prefer Ellis but mayo prolly is the best fit

How tall is this cat he play like john salmons and the bulls got the 28th and 30th picks they need to move way up

6'5 in shoes.. with a 7'1 wingspan...
  • rice n gravy
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i would think Iggy would be perfect for the bulls honestly
  • BlackAX410
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i would think Iggy would be perfect for the bulls honestly

idk usually they let rose ? nd kick out to the 2 guard for spot up jumpers but we all kno Iggy's jumper in broke I could see Mayo being the best fit cuz he's the best knock down shooter out of the 3. I dont see Monta workin there he needs the ball in his hands him and Rose are too similar
  • rice n gravy
    edited June 2011
    Options
    but we all kno Iggy's jumper in broke
    :(............................
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i Think them Morris Twins are ? Trash ...
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i Think them Morris Twins are ? Trash ...

cosign, good college players but wont amount to ? but a decent mismatch option off the bench.

Igoudala is a perfect fit for Golden State, ? they'd still have enough shooting on the team after the deal. The bulls need some people who can stretch the floor
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    bump bump bump
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    why you syh though b.

Jimmer the GOAT.

real talk, this is a question for everybody (especially you though Gucci ? I know you follow college ball like me) what ya think about Jimmer for the next level, who do ya think is gonna be the top 5 players from this draft, and who will be the best player from this draft when we look back on it years from now?
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »

In the draft..

Jordan Hamilton...
    Marshon Brooks..
    LaceDarius Dunn.

I can co-sign on all of those except Lace.
    I'm a Baylor fan, but his game is so ? one-dimensional.
    At best he'll come off a bench in an Eddie House kind of role.

As for the draft, Houston needs some help inside.
    Yao Ming ? ass aint ever gonna be healthy enough to play again.
    I feel we might reach for Donatas Motiejunas (Lithuania) at #14 but he's 21 and 7 feet tall.
    From what I read he's very similar to Dirk, but we'll see.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    why you syh though b.

Jimmer the GOAT.

real talk, this is a question for everybody (especially you though Gucci ? I know you follow college ball like me) what ya think about Jimmer for the next level, who do ya think is gonna be the top 5 players from this draft, and who will be the best player from this draft when we look back on it years from now?

jimmer is gonna shine in a system like mike d'antoni his scoring will over shadow the fact that he cant guard a folding chair, he'll get plenty of open shots with stats and melo there...but he'll have a jj reddick type of career where no matter what team he goes to he'll be a rotation type player to add scoring off the bench..

and for my sleepers in this draft
    1.kawhi leonard might just become a gerald wallace type player...his jump shot needs some work but he's long and can rebound(10 boards per game in college) and block shots
    2. i also like jan vessley he looks like he's another one of the foriegn big men that will be able to shoot and score in the nba..needs to add weight to his frame to be able to defend the 4, sf will be to quick for him so he'll be a pf in the nba...

irving and williams will be good 1 &2 in this draft and kawhi will be the 3rd best player in this draft