jadaross wrote: »
    [img]http://stuartaustin.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/? .jpg[/img]

^^^^^^^^^^^lol
  • Beware
    Beware Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bunz wrote: »
    i dunno.... im italian and i consider myself white... i know a few italians that dont.... at the end of the day when i had to mark down my race at school, DMV, job applications etc, there was never a place to mark "Italian" so i always marked "Caucasian"..... i think race should be set up by nationality, but being that we are the melting ? and 99% of our country is not native to here, they combine everyone.... shout out to the pacific islanders....

? gets kind of old when my ancestors get blamed for slavery, yet black people have been here longer than my family.... not to mention that my ancestors in sardinia were enslaved and ? by africans... im the dark skinned italian lol

wow im from sardinia too !!! i go there every year!!
  • lord hade
    lord hade Members Posts: 260
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Anglos!!!!..... If you don't look Asian, African, or Latino ( I left out Middle Eastern because a lot of them look Anglo and pass themselves off as such)
  • aDboy
    aDboy Members Posts: 13
    edited May 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Their history is totally different from white in France, UK, Germany, Norway, Sweden, etc.

And lumping the accomplishment of the Romans and Greeks with with the above group would be blasphemy in my book.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. And their different histories and outlook does play out in the present day, true enough. Good point.

And I used to thing it was a Chicago thing that there were these differences/hostilities between different white ethnicities.
  • Uncle Kingpin
    Uncle Kingpin Members Posts: 241
    edited May 2011
    Options
    All direct descendants of the caucazoid mountain man are white. For all those who claim that italians aren't white, i dare you to go say that to their face. Even the darkest skinned, african featured sicilian would want to fight you for considering them anything less than white.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    All direct descendants of the caucazoid mountain man are white. For all those who claim that italians aren't white, i dare you to go say that to their face. Even the darkest skinned, african featured sicilian would want to fight you for considering them anything less than white.

Uh! I dont know who you talk to but I went to Italy and called a dude white. he got ? and said I am Italian, African! Then I got ? ! LOL!
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    someone please explain the bold one cause i see people here get ? when some one says there latino, dudes on here come with the your latino your blk or your white etc

Cause there latinos who look white as snow with blonde hair blue eyes., there latinos that are black, and there latinos there are closer to indigeioous peoples have that Native American look, and those who are mix of black and white....
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Pretty much white people and asians.........
  • Uncle Kingpin
    Uncle Kingpin Members Posts: 241
    edited May 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Uh! I dont know who you talk to but I went to Italy and called a dude white. he got ? and said I am Italian, African! Then I got ? ! LOL!

I should have been more specific. Ask an italian-american if they're not white. Italians, and europeans in general do not identify with race, moreso with national origin. I think it has alot to do with their history of fighting each other, they identify with their specific tribe and not a racial category.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I consider white as Caucasian race
  • xtraill
    xtraill Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I consider clowns white.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I should have been more specific. Ask an italian-american if they're not white. Italians, and europeans in general do not identify with race, moreso with national origin. I think it has alot to do with their history of fighting each other, they identify with their specific tribe and not a racial category.

Nah not true.......
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This is true...

except when Italians walk around America, expecting to have their White-privilege honored.

if u were light skinned, with good hair and light eyes.....would u try to pass for caucasian to receive white privilege?
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    some of yall don't know what you're talking about

in the most absolute abstract terms there are only three pure races but in reality there are only populations

race is a social construct...

for example, north africans and middle easterners and even indians (red dot not feathered) are considered caucasian, but they typically aren't white like europeans or treated as such....

I consider people descended from north western europe as the true white people....
  • who_shot_ya
    who_shot_ya Members Posts: 75
    edited June 2011
    Options
    First of all i have to say that most Americans are so narrow minded and quick to label other people.

Im born in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
    My mother is Suriinamese ( Creools, Americans would say black) , my father is Dutch(White)
    The complex of my skin is light ( i call myself brightskinned) I have brown eyes and my hair is brown and mixed between straight and nappy hair.
    People say i look like Slim Thug ( just to paint the picture)

In The Netherlands the orignal people ( Caucasians ) have set the rules like this:
    - If you are born outside The Netherlands, or your not Dutch your a '' Allochtoon'' its a Greek word, it means '' From another country''
    - If one of your parents is from a another country than your a'' Allochtoon ''

Suriname used to be a colony off The Netherlands so actually my mother is a ' Dutch' woman. But because of her darkskinned complexion people will always say her as a Negroid person and not a Caucasian ( what a average Dutch person is)

Where i live (Rotterdam) there is a big multicultural community from all over the world.
    From Turkey to Africans to Eastern Europeans like Poland and Serbia.
    Serbians and Polish people are Caucasians. But people from Morocco, Turkey or Suriname are NOT SEEN as white people.

Example:A average Dutch person look like this =
    pr_blog_jeroen_pauw.jpg

A average Moroccan person look like this =
    fouad%20en%20karim.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Do you Americans consider this White?!?
    And there are alot of Moroccans who have a much darker complex than this young man

In Suriname there are 5 different kind of ethnicities
    - Indians: indigenous peopls, the original inhabitants of Suriname
    - Creool/Creole: A black person ancestors originally from Ghana and other parts of West Africa. Brought over as slaves by Brittish/French/Dutch people . They lived and worked on the plantations. Usually mixed with different races due slavery or other reasons They look like a average African American. Different skin tones, hair etc.

Example of a average Creool person =

edgar-davids-Ajax1nl.jpg

- Bosland Creool/Maron: Black people who usually live in the jungle. Maron means = Run away slave. Mostly very darkskinned.
    Ancestors also from Ghana/West Africa. Marons have 6 different tribes, each tribe have their own language. Some of them are pure Africans.

example of a average Maron =
    brunswijk2_1.jpg?1305885865

- Hindoestani: People originally from the lower kaste of India. Came over to South - America to as workers/labours. mostly brown/darksinned

- Javanen: People originally from the island Java in Indonesia. Came over to South America as workers. Some are brownskinned, some are lightskinned.

Google this and read the history of all these different cultures in ONE COUNTRY ! Now tell me people of the IC.
    Suriname lays next to Guyana South America, But we are definitely not seen as '' Latino's ''
    Are these Caucasians? or are these people just from one country and they are all the same? Are they all Black?

The term '' Asian '' is broad and specific and its not 1 race!!
    Its a ? continent !!!!
    People from India or not the same Chinese people, or people from Indonesia, Russians or Australians.

The world isn't black or white as u think. Maybe only in America you try put people into small boxes.
    Just like the term '' Middle Eastern'' What do you mean by that?
    Is Turkey Middle Eastern? but 3% of the country is on European soil.
    Caucasians in Europe don't see them as their own, but i know alot of Turkish people who have blond hair and blues eyes....

Open your minds!!!!
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    First of all i have to say that most Americans are so narrow minded and quick to label other people.

Im born in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
    My mother is Suriinamese ( Creools, Americans would say black) , my father is Dutch(White)
    The complex of my skin is light ( i call myself brightskinned) I have brown eyes and my hair is brown and mixed between straight and nappy hair.
    People say i look like Slim Thug ( just to paint the picture)

In The Netherlands the orignal people ( Caucasians ) have set the rules like this:
    - If you are born outside The Netherlands, or your not Dutch your a '' Allochtoon'' its a Greek word, it means '' From another country''
    - If one of your parents is from a another country than your a'' Allochtoon ''

Suriname used to be a colony off The Netherlands so actually my mother is a ' Dutch' woman. But because of her darkskinned complexion people will always say her as a Negroid person and not a Caucasian ( what a average Dutch person is)

Where i live (Rotterdam) there is a big multicultural community from all over the world.
    From Turkey to Africans to Eastern Europeans like Poland and Serbia.
    Serbians and Polish people are Caucasians. But people from Morocco, Turkey or Suriname are NOT SEEN as white people.

Example:A average Dutch person look like this =
    pr_blog_jeroen_pauw.jpg

A average Moroccan person look like this =
    fouad%20en%20karim.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Do you Americans consider this White?!?
    And there are alot of Moroccans who have a much darker complex than this young man

In Suriname there are 5 different kind of ethnicities
    - Indians: indigenous peopls, the original inhabitants of Suriname
    - Creool/Creole: A black person ancestors originally from Ghana and other parts of West Africa. Brought over as slaves by Brittish/French/Dutch people . They lived and worked on the plantations. Usually mixed with different races due slavery or other reasons They look like a average African American. Different skin tones, hair etc.

Example of a average Creool person =

edgar-davids-Ajax1nl.jpg

- Bosland Creool/Maron: Black people who usually live in the jungle. Maron means = Run away slave. Mostly very darkskinned.
    Ancestors also from Ghana/West Africa. Marons have 6 different tribes, each tribe have their own language. Some of them are pure Africans.

example of a average Maron =
    brunswijk2_1.jpg?1305885865

- Hindoestani: People originally from the lower kaste of India. Came over to South - America to as workers/labours. mostly brown/darksinned

- Javanen: People originally from the island Java in Indonesia. Came over to South America as workers. Some are brownskinned, some are lightskinned.

Google this and read the history of all these different cultures in ONE COUNTRY ! Now tell me people of the IC.
    Suriname lays next to Guyana South America, But we are definitely not seen as '' Latino's ''
    Are these Caucasians? or are these people just from one country and they are all the same? Are they all Black?

The term '' Asian '' is broad and specific and its not 1 race!!
    Its a ? continent !!!!
    People from India or not the same Chinese people, or people from Indonesia, Russians or Australians.

The world isn't black or white as u think. Maybe only in America you try put people into small boxes.
    Just like the term '' Middle Eastern'' What do you mean by that?
    Is Turkey Middle Eastern? but 3% of the country is on European soil.
    Caucasians in Europe don't see them as their own, but i know alot of Turkish people who have blond hair and blues eyes....

Open your minds!!!!

Do you even know how race is define?