Religious beliefs and ? ?

Options
YungTraveler
YungTraveler Members Posts: 21
edited June 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Anyone have any ideas on why religious leaders seem to harbor a hatred for ? and lesbian people? I don't see so much of it from churchgoers, but it's certainly a big thing with the preachers, reverends, and other religious leaders... thoughts?

smile7.jpg
smile8.jpg

Comments

• Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Projection b

All these religions have some ? ? going on behind the scenes, and the leaders are a bunch of pervs, so they try to distract attention from their own gayness (and the stupidity of their fairy tale religions) by picking on ? and lesbians.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas on why religious leaders seem to harbor a hatred for ? and lesbian people? I don't see so much of it from churchgoers, but it's certainly a big thing with the preachers, reverends, and other religious leaders... thoughts?

Because it wasn't made to be, ? created "Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve". Also, reproduction wise it's a perfect working combination (obviously). Church goers do have a hatred for homosexuals, maybe more so than the pastor does. Through my experience in a church, there's a lot of bad talk about homosexuals. They always threaten them, scrutinize them, put the fear of "hell" into them etc. It's only preached by those because it's in the bible. No man shall lay with another man, and they proceed to elaborate on it heavily and put fear into those who are homosexual. The funny thing though to me is, it doesn't specify women and it's only a wonder since MEN wrote the bible, so go figure huh....
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Likely through interpretation/misinterpretation of their religious texts coupled with their own prejudices.
  • needmorecash
    needmorecash Members Posts: 253
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i know they say bishop long and a few others were strong on anti ? rights. . .. i just never in my life heard a preacher mention that in church before. .

i think its largely misunderstood and its not usually addressed. . .i know folks that feel they were born ? and also know folks divorced with kids now living a ? life. . \

i dont understand it, but it is what it is. . .. .

for some reason i dont think the sin is in the attraction someone has for a peson of the same sex as much as it is in the performance of the sexual act

we know how ? feels about sexual sin