What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

How the hell Is Ross Better Than Biggie?

12346»

Replies

• ustreet_monstaustreet_monsta Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    gee757 wrote: »
    thatz kool...i just wish sum1 would post up quotez of folkz on herr sayin rozay is a rappin gaawd

What kind of circular logic is this mane?

The 1st post that you quoted me on was a response to someone claiming Ross was better at rhyming.

You're in a thread where people are arguing that Ross is better than Big.
  • gee757gee757 Posts: 26,374
    edited May 2011
    What kind of circular logic is this mane?

The 1st post that you quoted me on was a response to someone claiming Ross was better at rhyming.

You're in a thread where people are arguing that Ross is better than Big.

but nobody is claimin rozay is a rappin gaawd on herr he makez good musik so if sum1 wantz 2 say ross is betta then big thatz their opinion & it is wat it is just like if sum1 thinkz big is betta then ross that is therr opinion but dont go tryna knock rozay off of 1 personz opinion like da t/s is doin wit this thread.,.
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Ross is the 'Biggie' of his city lol...
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=­̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬

tumblr_mzk7q0WwVA1s8ohmto1_500.gif
  • Supreme_Mind999Supreme_Mind999 Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    [email protected] preme being desperate for co signs...like co signs on here paying my bills...stop it

• thesynthesisthesynthesis Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    If Ross was from NY these niggas wud label him the greatest

Ross puttin on more eastcoast rappers than eastcoast rappers
  • garvgarv Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Rey Negro wrote: »
    IMHO...YES

I hate that I have to put a preselected group of rappers in my Top 5 that I dont even listen to because if I don't, I'm being blasphemous to Hip Hop. I listen to Ross & resonate more with his music than Biggie's. I enjoyed "Deeper than Rap" more than any Biggie record. And dont try me....my hip hop knowledgebase is extremely thorough & extensive.

Good post............
  • garvgarv Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    If Ross was from NY these niggas wud label him the greatest

Ross puttin on more eastcoast rappers than eastcoast rappers

What does this have to do with the quality of his music?
  • thefabmd2dcthefabmd2dc Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Rick Ross made some good songs
    I mean hes not complete garbage
    ig:egotistboi
  • Supreme_Mind999Supreme_Mind999 Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Lmao @ this uncle tommy shit

Having a dead president tatted on you still dont hide the fact that GEORGE WASHINGTON was a slave owner and breeder

Ether for ross

• StillDreamingStillDreaming Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    This is laughable.

I listen to a fair amount of Ross and his verses arent as tight as people on the IC make them out to be.

And neither is Biggie. Nigga posted Give Me The Loot like that's supposed to be the pinnacle of lyricism........Lupe Fiasco Gold Watch is better than that shit. Nobody is claiming Ross is the best rapper that ever lived, but its hilarious that all the negatives y'all attribute to Ross can also apply to Biggie. Curious question, what exactly has Ross rapped about that Biggie has not? Y'all niggas acting like Biggie is as diverse as Nas or something.

Ross is what Biggie MAY HAVE become had he lived long enough, but he didn't therefore Ross>>>>
    Im in my granddaddy smoking on that granddaddy
    It got odor like a motor running fantastic

Ross>>>>>>>>>Biggie

Song of the Day

• ustreet_monstaustreet_monsta Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    And neither is Biggie. Nigga posted Give Me The Loot like that's supposed to be the pinnacle of lyricism........Lupe Fiasco Gold Watch is better than that shit. Nobody is claiming Ross is the best rapper that ever lived, but its hilarious that all the negatives y'all attribute to Ross can also apply to Biggie. Curious question, what exactly has Ross rapped about that Biggie has not? Y'all niggas acting like Biggie is as diverse as Nas or something.

Ross is what Biggie MAY HAVE become had he lived long enough, but he didn't therefore Ross>>>>

I'm not dissing Ross. I just think Big was more of the complete package as an emcee. Big had lyrics, charisma, flow, and delivery. You could take almost every verse he spit and chop it up into samples and build songs around it off the strength of his voice and how the words were put together. Big was legit on the mic regardless of what he was rapping about.

As an emcee I don't feel Ross on that level even though he makes a lot of (formulaic) dope sounding music.
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I'm not dissing Ross. I just think Big was more of the complete package as an emcee. Big had lyrics, charisma, flow, and delivery. You could take almost every verse he spit and chop it up into samples and build songs around it off the strength of his voice and how the words were put together. Big was legit on the mic regardless of what he was rapping about.

As an emcee I don't feel Ross on that level even though he makes a lot of (formulaic) dope sounding music.

^^^ What he said......
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

IC Battle Rap Stans Most Hated.

s-l300.jpg
  • GunsGuns Posts: 1,504 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    rick ross is better
  • TheFixTheFix Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    This whole damn thread is blasphemy. Who shot ya is better than ross' entire collection. And i'm not exaggerating. Ross ain't ever blacked out on a track like Big did on Victory, or had a song as thoro as 10 crack commandments, come to think of it. Ross' gotta go see ghostface before he can even get an appointment with BIG, This nigga literally brought the east coast back to life. Get the fuck outta here.
  • baller2500baller2500 Posts: 193
    edited June 2011
    we cant even make a fair comparison.. Rick ross has been in the rap game longer and has WAYY more material to compare than Biggie's.

But quality over quanity

Big>>Ross

Ross just has good ear for beats and great hooks. I never thought he was a great lyricist. He's decent though
12346»