Jeremiah 51:46, the Church, and Mystery Babylon?

Options
2»

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    who gives this call... and how?

? will give the call if your walking by faith.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    akomax wrote: »
    student of life odds are u r going to fail ...

ps: its correct Because i said so ? , don't ask me no questions .

Doesn't work when you do it. Element of spontaneity is gone.
  • Dirty District
    Dirty District Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The 7 hills are actually rendered land masses in the original language. And they refer to the 7 continents, not the 7 hills of Rome. Also my friend, the view that Rome is mystery babylon is an old thought. While many thoughts about mystery Babylon have been put forth by respectable and outstanding bible scholars they are extremely dated.

We are now living in the literal end times and thus we have more knowledge and information about the key players of the end times. This fact was limited for the 1,000's of years that have past since the writing of Revelation. America is the mystery of all mysteries. And there is no other country that satisfies the requirements of mystery Babylon than America.

Just take Daniel 12:4, "4But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."

The spiritual application of this verse is that ? said that at the end time many would go to and fro throughout the scriptures and knowledge would be increased. And this knowledge is a knowledge of eschatology!

It is time to reconsider long held views that are outdated and can not match up with what is now known in todays world. Rome just does not fit the characteristics of end time Mystery Babylon. There is no way and no how.

Are you open to a teachable spirit my friend and a reconsideration of your view points?

lol, there's a lot of irony here. It comes down to your basic ideas about the bible and scripture itself, and like I said before, clearly we're miles apart.

I'm always open to new ideas. But that of course presumes that any of the arguments you could throw my way are in fact "new", which I doubt.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? District wrote: »
    lmao, his line of reasoning is no more convoluted than yours.

Problem is his line of reasoning is not convoluted.

You should look up what convoluted actually means. LOL
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? District wrote: »
    lol, there's a lot of irony here. It comes down to your basic ideas about the bible and scripture itself, and like I said before, clearly we're miles apart.

I'm always open to new ideas. But that of course presumes that any of the arguments you could throw my way are in fact "new", which I doubt.

Well what is your biblical world view my friend? We have to drink milk before we eat meat.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? will give the call if your walking by faith.

and how will you "hear"? voice in your head? sign in the sky?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and how will you "hear"? voice in your head? sign in the sky?

Those who will flee will know. That's why believers walk by faith and not by sight my friend.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Interesting. I don't believe that those who truly are born-again are caught up in the signs and wonders, but rather they are being watchful like Jesus commanded His followers to be. If you are a follower of Jesus you are to be watching and praying always so that He will not come at an hour that you least expect, nor like a thief in the night. ? has given us signs in order for those that are His to recognize the signs of the times. So it's not the signs that have true believers interests, its the evidence of the signs that continue to keep true believers focus on the author and finisher of our faith, the Lord Jesus Christ.

But, if the Son of Man doesn't know the hour of the end, what would make believers (or even non-believers) privileged to know when that time comes? This is not to downplay the significance of things going on around us, but people can really get lost in parallels and not have a clue to who Jesus is.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    But, if the Son of Man doesn't know the hour of the end, what would make believers (or even non-believers) privileged to know when that time comes? This is not to downplay the significance of things going on around us, but people can really get lost in parallels and not have a clue to who Jesus is.

Jesus does know the time of the end now that He has ascended back on high. He is the glorified Christ who lives forever more. Jesus Christ laid aside His glory that He had with the father at His 1st coming, so He didn't know at the time He gave that statement. But now that He has risen from the dead and is in heaven at the right hand of the Father, it's a pretty safe bet that He knows when He is coming back. All the perogatives of the ? -head are fully restored to Him now. He will never lay aside His glory again.

http://bible.org/question/does-jesus-now-know-when-he-coming-back-or-still-only-gods-knowledge-stated-matt-2436-and-m

Read this for more in depth study. ? bless.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Those who will flee will know. That's why believers walk by faith and not by sight my friend.

how? 10 char...
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jesus does know the time of the end now that He has ascended back on high. He is the glorified Christ who lives forever more. Jesus Christ laid aside His glory that He had with the father at His 1st coming, so He didn't know at the time He gave that statement. But now that He has risen from the dead and is in heaven at the right hand of the Father, it's a pretty safe bet that He knows when He is coming back. All the perogatives of the ? -head are fully restored to Him now. He will never lay aside His glory again.

http://bible.org/question/does-jesus-now-know-when-he-coming-back-or-still-only-gods-knowledge-stated-matt-2436-and-m

Read this for more in depth study. ? bless.

Sure, Jesus would know in respect to going back to the Father. My response was meant in respect to how people try to predict when the end will come and are trying to "prepare"...when they can never truly know. We must be careful to treat the events leading up to the end as the ultimate reason for why people should believe in Jesus.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2011
    Options
    how? 10 char...

By trusting in the LORD with all mine heart; and leaning not unto mine own understanding. But In all my ways acknowledging him, and he shall direct my paths.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Sure, Jesus would know in respect to going back to the Father. My response was meant in respect to how people try to predict when the end will come and are trying to "prepare"...when they can never truly know. We must be careful to treat the events leading up to the end as the ultimate reason for why people should believe in Jesus.

I see what you are saying my friend.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Because I said so ? , don't ask me no questions.

Really? That's your answer? Typical ? I guess...