Treyarch teases more COD Black Ops DLC

joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in IllGaming
Will you buy a fourth map pack?

A fourth set of downloadable maps for Call of Duty: Black Ops? Can it be true?

David Vonderhaar, design director at Black Ops developer Treyarch, has hinted so.

"I can't talk to anything beyond Annihilation, but keep your eyes peeled..." he teased Digital Spy.

Annihilation, the third lump of Black Ops DLC, launches today on Xbox Live Marketplace. It's a timed Xbox 360 exclusive. Stuffed in are four maps - Hanger 18, Drive-In, Silo, Hazard - and one zombie level called Shangri-La.

You pay: 1200 Microsoft Points.

Treyarch will host a double XP weekend from Friday to celebrate.

First Strike was the first map pack released for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Escalation was the second.

Eurogamer's Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike review awarded 7/10. "A fine addition," we declared.

Eurogamer's Call of Duty: Black Ops - Escalation review also awarded 7/10. "In conclusion: another good map pack," we wrote.

Will Annihilation follow suit?

Comments

• mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    wow, didn't see this coming...

good stuff!
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2011
    People gonna pay for the game TWICE!!!
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Man, wtf.

$65 - Black Ops

& what? 4 $15 map packs? = $60

$125 spent on one game. lol I only bought one map pack and I regret that lol
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Man, wtf.

$65 - Black Ops

? , I bought the game, and I regret that lol

Honestly tho, didn't Treyarch release 4 map packs for WaW?
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Man, wtf.

$65 - Black Ops

If you bought all 4 $15 map packs then wouldn't it be 125 spent on the equivalent of 2 games?
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    the maps are pretty solid.. i played em for a few minutes during my lunch break... but the the things i can say by playing a few of em were : 1: on hangar the SR71 is the main camp point and 2: hazard is the first true snipers map on blackops....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    If you bought all 4 $15 map packs then wouldn't it be 125 spent on the equivalent of 2 games?

Yes, but I'm saying whoever spends that is spending it on ONE game, that being Black Ops. It's pretty ridiculous
  • funkdocdamc
    edited June 2011

Are you saying the Black Ops is like 2 games in 1 or did you mean exactly what you said in $125 = 2 games? 2 games gives you two different experiences compared to paying $125 for 1 game with the same old ? .

Yall getting on that Uncharted Beta tho?
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited June 2011
    Yes, but I'm saying whoever spends that is spending it on ONE game, that being Black Ops. It's pretty ridiculous

whether its 1 game or another game with the same plot and the same type of weapons but now with a "modern warfare" angle, call of duties are just that 1 long expanded game.

Most ppl only play the caimpaign to feel justified when they play the multiplayer. In other words, all that really matters to most ppl is the CoD multiplayer maps.

Its always going to be ridiculous. But to state this fact is even more ridiculous. No?
    Are you saying the Black Ops is like 2 games in 1 or did you mean exactly what you said in $125 = 2 games? 2 games gives you two different experiences compared to paying $125 for 1 game with the same old ? .

Yall getting on that Uncharted Beta tho?

How different are you really expecting the experience to be from call of duty to call of duty. They all follow the same pace. They all have the same kind of cut scenes.

Let's say you liked Modern Warfare over Black Ops. Wouldn't you rather them continue to throw out new maps instead of making an entire game you don't ? with? Cause seriously, with any multiplayer game, how many of the maps do you actually like? And then how many of those maps do you actually like to play? I think buyers have more control over the content this way.

I'd rather patches. Because it allows a branch of developers to focus on meeting the demand of players every couple of months. So you want a desert map? The developers hit you with a desert map in 3 months. You want a better urban setting. They'll get you that too.

The pricing issue can only be addressed after you show developers how important these maps are to your gaming experience.
  • funkdocdamc
    edited June 2011
    How different are you really expecting the experience to be from call of duty to call of duty. They all follow the same pace. They all have the same kind of cut scenes.

Let's say you liked Modern Warfare over Black Ops. Wouldn't you rather them continue to throw out new maps instead of making an entire game you don't ? with? Cause seriously, with any multiplayer game, how many of the maps do you actually like? And then how many of those maps do you actually like to play? I think buyers have more control over the content this way.

I'd rather patches. Because it allows a branch of developers to focus on meeting the demand of players every couple of months. So you want a desert map? The developers hit you with a desert map in 3 months. You want a better urban setting. They'll get you that too.

The pricing issue can only be addressed after you show developers how important these maps are to your gaming experience.

Um, I'm not talking about 2 different COD games. COD is COD regardless; same ? , diff. developer. You made a general statement saying that
    You different specify whether you meant two games in general or two COD games. I was talking about two different games (ex. COD and let's say Infamous 2) being $125 total as opposed to spending $125 on one COD game.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    ? that... they should give the 4th one away for free.

what if you bought the special edition with the car?

$150 + [$15 X 4] = $210 plus tax

could of almost bought a whole other console...
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited June 2011
    Um, I'm not talking about 2 different COD games. COD is COD regardless; same ? , diff. developer. You made a general statement saying that You different specify whether you meant two games in general or two COD games. I was talking about two different games (ex. COD and let's say Infamous 2) being $125 total as opposed to spending $125 on one COD game.

What? No you missed my point. When you play multiplayer online, u usually are only playing 4 (maybe 6) maps. So you already payed 59.99 for 4 maps (because honestly who plays campaign mode often enough to meet a 60 dollar value).

How can a person complain when they pay for 4 more map extensions at 15 dollars a pop?
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    ? a map pack...*shrugs*
  • funkdocdamc
    edited June 2011
    What? No you missed my point. When you play multiplayer online, u usually are only playing 4 (maybe 6) maps. So you already payed 59.99 for 4 maps (because honestly who plays campaign mode often enough to meet a 60 dollar value).

How can a person complain when they pay for 4 more map extensions at 15 dollars a pop?

I never played a game that only have 4 maps from the jump, but I get what you are trying to say. Point being is that if there were only "4" maps, it's because the developers are personally holding out just so they can charge more money for some ? that should have already been there. Other games charge less for the same ? , but whatever; People who wanna buy the maps and gonna buy and vice-versa with the people who don't wanna buy.
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2011
    I'm gonna get the GOTY Edition when it drops. Same price and comes with ALLLLLLL of the map packs
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited June 2011
    I never played a game that only have 4 maps from the jump, but I get what you are trying to say. Point being is that if there were only "4" maps, it's because the developers are personally holding out just so they can charge more money for some ? that should have already been there. Other games charge less for the same ? , but whatever; People who wanna buy the maps and gonna buy and vice-versa with the people who don't wanna buy.

Yeah exactly. I'm not a hard ? gamer anymore. I don't have time for that. But if I were, ? it would be worth the extra dough.

Its only ? up to me when, as a casual gamer, you get locked out of the good action online because everybody else is playing the new stuff.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I'm gonna get the GOTY Edition when it drops. Same price and comes with ALLLLLLL of the map packs

I've been waiting for the MW2 version of this for a minute.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Anyone buying this is a sucker