Chances T.I. makes another album as good as Trap Muzik????

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    ^^agreed
    im real big on production so of course i read the books to see who produced what......I actually chopped it up with sanchez on myspace back in 06....real cool dude......and I asked him why wasnt he on King....it was something about being able to make music for other artist......but honestly I cant remember what he said verbatim, I dont want to sit here and make some ? up.

Damn yo, u dont have a "Paper Trail"? lol nah but I can see Grand Hustle trying to tie him down. I dont think Toomp branched out till after "What U Know" went mega huge. Then thats when they got kinda estranged.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    like people have said before....he had a different mind frame when he was making trap muzik.....the song ti vs tip on trap muzik is better than the whole ti vs tip album lol.....until he gets toomp & sanchez holmes to produce the entire album again or at least the bulk of the album, it's not going to happen.

Hell yeah, big disappointment
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    This!

I think he may still have something to prove when he gets out of jail, but I doubt he can make another album as good as Trap Muzik.

TP is easily his best album IMO too. Best lyrically, subject matter, substance, etc out of all his albums.

Anybody who thinks King or UL are his best must listen to cds just for "Hits" or commercial tracks

The thing with UL he had a lotta bangas on there and he improved as an mc from trap muzik
  • c.b.b.
    edited June 2011
    UL had better anthems than TM, like "U Don't Know Me" and "ASAP" but it also had plenty wack songs too.

Not many songs on TM were wack IMO
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Don't think he can. The thing is you felt that he was speaking for that everyday struggle type ? on some of those tracks and I don't think he can bring that back. Trap Muzik is his most versatile album, there was some ? on there for everyone and he touched a lot of topics
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    It's all about perception so he will not surpass it according to the IC because there are too many lames on here that will only listen to what the mainstream tells them is hot while screaming how they keep there ear to the streets and underground. In reality he can rather easily surpass it on some levels because he has gotten better with putting words together.
  • GSonII
    edited June 2011
    What wack songs on Urban Legend? Once again opinions and perceptions everyone has them. There were no wack songs on Urban Legend to me.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    hlf wrote: »
    ^^agreed

Damn yo, u dont have a "Paper Trail"? lol nah but I can see Grand Hustle trying to tie him down. I dont think Toomp branched out till after "What U Know" went mega huge. Then thats when they got kinda estranged.

lol naw I deleted my page years ago.....we chopped it up several times, I was real suprised considering I'm not an industry ? so it wasn't like he was networking....even though i was asking him questions about production. Yea toomp didnt really get out there until after "What U know" at least on a major level.

for people who wonder why people say trap muzik....A its was a good album...B becasue the ti always felt like he had to top it. King was supposed to be "Trap Muzik on steroids"......good album but didn't live up to it.....even though it out did TM commercially....but i could careless about recognition from the masses and cd sales
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited June 2011
    GSonII wrote: »
    It's all about perception so he will not surpass it according to the IC because there are too many lames on here that will only listen to what the mainstream tells them is hot while screaming how they keep there ear to the streets and underground. In reality he can rather easily surpass it on some levels because he has gotten better with putting words together.

That doesn't mean ? . There are plenty of rappers who are good @ "putting words together" that don't make good albums and vice versa. Luda is a lot better @ putting words together than t.i.p, t.i.p is a lot better @ making albums than luda
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited June 2011

I agree with you but their are some people on here that dont think like that. Im looking forward to him making a better album like I do with most of my fav artist and he actually almost did it with Paper Trail. I actually think thats his 2nd best album cause its so well rounded.
  • GSonII
    edited June 2011
    That doesn't mean ? . There are plenty of rappers who are good @ "putting words together" that don't make good albums and vice versa. Luda is a lot better @ putting words together than t.i.p, t.i.p is a lot better @ making albums than luda

Luda aint better at ? other than name dropping and the lames call it punchlines. Once again opinions. Paper Trail had a wider impact than Trap Muzik and so did King. So, he surpassed Trap Muzik twice already in some aspects. Like I said its all about opinions.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited June 2011
    Luda aint better at ? other than name dropping and the lames call it punchlines. Once again opinions. Paper Trail had a wider impact than Trap Muzik and so did King. So, he surpassed Trap Muzik twice already in some aspects. Like I said its all about opinions.

Agreed. Either way t.i.p has a slept on catalogue. This thread alone is proof of that ?
  • c.b.b.
    edited June 2011
    hlf wrote: »
    I agree with you but their are some people on here that dont think like that. Im looking forward to him making a better album like I do with most of my fav artist and he actually almost did it with Paper Trail. I actually think thats his 2nd best album cause its so well rounded.

I agree, I rate Paper Trail second to TM too.
  • c.b.b.
    edited June 2011
    What wack songs on Urban Legend? Once again opinions and perceptions everyone has them. There were no wack songs on Urban Legend to me.

The track with Nelly wasn't all that IMO, The "5,4,3,2" track was wack to me, I think there was a track with Big Kuntry on it that was garbage ("Limelight"), and "Bring 'Em Out" was one of his worst songs ever IMO.

Don't get me wrong UL was a good album IMO, but just not classic like Trap Muzik
  • GSonII
    edited June 2011
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    The track with Nelly wasn't all that IMO, The "5,4,3,2" track was wack to me, I think there was a track with Big Kuntry on it that was garbage ("Limelight"), and "Bring 'Em Out" was one of his worst songs ever IMO.

Don't get me wrong UL was a good album IMO, but just not classic like Trap Muzik

I liked all of them tracks. Countdown was a versatile track for what TIP usually does, it was a bunch of punchlines and wordplay. The Nelly track was a good riding/club track. Limelight had the whole PSC and it was some player/pimping stuff that went hard in the ride. Bring Em Out is one of the most influential most memorable tracks of TIP's career. It's cool to share opinions and I respect yours but I totally disagree.
  • c.b.b.
    edited June 2011
    I liked all of them tracks. Countdown was a versatile track for what TIP usually does, it was a bunch of punchlines and wordplay. The Nelly track was a good riding/club track. Limelight had the whole PSC and it was some player/pimping stuff that went hard in the ride. Bring Em Out is one of the most influential most memorable tracks of TIP's career. It's cool to share opinions and I respect yours but I totally disagree.

*Scratches Head*

To each his own, but I disagree
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    im real big on production so of course i read the books to see who produced what......I actually chopped it up with sanchez on myspace back in 06....real cool dude......and I asked him why wasnt he on King....it was something about being able to make music for other artist......but honestly I cant remember what he said verbatim, I dont want to sit here and make some ? up.

i remember this, i think him and toomp had the same fallin out, part of the reason ti vs tip was so bad imo..

toomp had already been makin beats for ? like pastor troy, but i think doin one for luda and ross prolly had them not speakin at the time..
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011

what??

its a great song but, influential, memorable?

over asap, motivation, u dont know me?

even Freak THO?
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    The only way I see T.I. topping Trap Muzik is him getting some production from Organized Noize (for most of the album) and DJ Toomp for the rest. Hunger is also a huge factor which depends on whether not he'll be comfortable with the perception of his music when he gets out or whether he thinks he still has some critics to silence.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011

T.I.'s most memorable and influential is "What You Know About That". That song took his career to another level and it had Kanye, Jay Z, and Nas getting anthemic beats from DJ Toomp. Behind that is probably "Live Your Life" which was one of those big anthemic inspirational records which also had rappers following suit in adding Rihanna to their chorus i.e. Eminem, Jay Z, and Kanye.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Paper Trail >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    he done top "TRAP MUZIK" 3 or 4 times already KING, URBAN Legend, Paper Trail.... i bet t/s just heard Trap MUzik last week.... n act like he ? with TIP like dat...
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Trap Muzik IS his best album because it solidified his stance and M.O. to what he was about since his debut I'm Serious....none of the other albums in his catalog can come close.
  • baller2500
    baller2500 Members Posts: 193
    edited July 2011
    Urban Legend>>
  • GSonII
    edited July 2011
    T.I.'s most memorable and influential is "What You Know About That". That song took his career to another level and it had Kanye, Jay Z, and Nas getting anthemic beats from DJ Toomp. Behind that is probably "Live Your Life" which was one of those big anthemic inspirational records which also had rappers following suit in adding Rihanna to their chorus i.e. Eminem, Jay Z, and Kanye.

I been messing with TIP since like 2002, I had to backtrack for Im Serious and I will say this What you Know was one of the few songs I dont like because I think he should have took another approach to it, but I cant deny it had success.