So you're telling me that Vincent Jackson isnt one of the TOP 100 NFL players??!

Options
2»

Comments

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    ok, i can dig that. so lets just look at his top two seasons. he averaged somewhere around 65 catches for roughly 1150 yards and 8 tds.

with that said, it still doesn't put him above

and if we are isolating season then i'd go ahead and put Brandon Marshall ahead of Vjax; MIles Austin too

this isn't a diss on Jackson, he's one of the better WR's in the game, but he's not close to being in any top 5 discussion

Id take Vincent over all but 4 WRs u just mentioned.. give Vincent Jackson an full season and you'll be switchin your opinion the usual CS style
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Wtf,, what about his ypa and yac tops in the league.. he doesn't get force fed like them other guys but his production is huge everytime he touches the ball

You right he's a vertical threat. SD throws the ball down field that's part the reason he does not have alot of catches
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dude hasn't proven himself to be a top 10, and maybe not even top 15 receiver. How many WR you wanna put on the top 100 list?

Nah I wouldnt put him in my top 10 or 15. But like I said I haven't seen the list, and im not a fan of Jackson but hell I thought he might have made the top 100. I dont even know how many WR are on the list.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh some ya'll dont get the point of this list....it's just for 2011....meaning what they did last season reflects on how they're ranked
  • Olorun22
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh some ya'll dont get the point of this list....it's just for 2011....meaning what they did last season reflects on how they're ranked

It's really not tho if you look at the list
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    ok, i can dig that. so lets just look at his top two seasons. he averaged somewhere around 65 catches for roughly 1150 yards and 8 tds.

with that said, it still doesn't put him above

and if we are isolating season then i'd go ahead and put Brandon Marshall ahead of Vjax; MIles Austin too

this isn't a diss on Jackson, he's one of the better WR's in the game, but he's not close to being in any top 5 discussion

You got White, C Johnson, Welker, Jennings, Wayne, Fitz, Boldin, Austin, Marshall, Desean Jackson

Could add Holmes, possibly Sidney Rice, Hines Ward, Colston, possibly Dwyane Bowe, Andre Johnson
  • vageneral08
    edited June 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    It's really not tho if you look at the list

yes it is....that's why it's called top 100 players of 2011....not of all time.....not everybody is gonna make the list even if they had a decent season
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Wtf,, what about his ypa and yac tops in the league.. he doesn't get force fed like them other guys but his production is huge everytime he touches the ball

Kinda like the best Jackson- desean
  • Olorun22
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yes it is....that's why it's called top 100 players of 2011....not of all time.....not everybody is gonna make the list even if they had a decent season

Dude some of those player are there for career also. if you go by the top player of that year you most likely go with stats
  • bow to royalty
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dude some of those player are there for career also. if you go by the top player of that year you most likely go with stats

Last year and career both played part. Remember the players voted, so they prolly interpreted how they wanted to, and voted that way.
  • noirwar
    noirwar Members Posts: 514
    edited June 2011
    Options
    He is not the best guy on his team and never the more dominate threat but last year they were talking about him like Amare from the NBA. I watched him grow into his position. He is a beast but I just see him as another David Boston
  • noirwar
    noirwar Members Posts: 514
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You got White, C Johnson, Welker, Jennings, Wayne, Fitz, Boldin, Austin, Marshall, Desean Jackson

Could add Holmes, possibly Sidney Rice, Hines Ward, Colston, possibly Dwyane Bowe, Andre Johnson

His Caliber is right there with Boldin and if his team sucked the way KC does passing he could be as good as Bowe, Colston, or Edwards. He and Kenny Britt are On that Cusp of Goodness
  • bow to royalty
    edited June 2011
    Options
    noirwar wrote: »
    His Caliber is right there with Boldin and if his team sucked the way KC does passing he could be as good as Bowe, Colston, or Edwards. He and Kenny Britt are On that Cusp of Goodness

what?

• vageneral08
    edited June 2011
    Options

mainly last year.....they do reflect on their career but they always do that....why you think eli got lefted out?
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited June 2011
    Options
    mainly last year.....they do reflect on their career but they always do that....why you think eli got lefted out?

Its really not a last year list... combo of both, generally whoever the players thought were better.. Reason why McNabb even made the list and aother questionable players... U TELLIN ME MCCOY WASN'T A TOP 100 last year either??
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited June 2011
    Options
    How high Devin Hester made it.. I think Darren Sproles should've made it.. id take him over Hester foh
  • vageneral08
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Its really not a last year list... combo of both, generally whoever the players thought were better.. Reason why McNabb even made the list and aother questionable players... U TELLIN ME MCCOY WASN'T A TOP 100 last year either??

yeah but it's thousands of players not all the decent players are gonna make the cut regardless especially to the ones who really stepped it up....McCoy could've gone either way
  • vageneral08
    edited June 2011
    Options
    How high Devin Hester made it.. I think Darren Sproles should've made it.. id take him over Hester foh

you cant look at it that way....you're comparing a running back to a wide receiver.....sproles doesnt have the numbers to back it up even though he hasnt started much
  • bow to royalty
    edited June 2011
    Options

I don't think Hester should have made the list either, but I guess it's cuz he's the best returner the NFL's ever seen. But Sproles should NOT be on the list. His best season consisted of 840 yards (receiving and rushing combined) and 7 TD's. That's with 6 seasons under his belt.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I thought ithis was supposed to be the top 100 players of the 2011 SEASON, and not overall?
  • vageneral08
    edited July 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    I thought ithis was supposed to be the top 100 players of the 2011 SEASON, and not overall?

exactly....why you think some rookies made the list?