If Jay would have died...

Dakari
Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Reason
Do you think if Jay-Z would have died after a certain album he'd be more recognized as the GOAT? He said himself he couldn't win when he's fighting ghost so when would have been the best time for Jay to get clapped? I think if he woulda died early 2003 before the Black Album was claimed to be his last he'd be getting named the GOAT more than Pac. Then 3 or 4 years later they release the Black Album and Hov has another classic under his belt after death. dumb thread yes

Comments

• deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Dakari wrote: »
    Do you think if Jay-Z would have died after a certain album he'd be more recognized as the GOAT? He said himself he couldn't win when he's fighting ghost so when would have been the best time for Jay to get clapped? I think if he woulda died early 2003 before the Black Album was claimed to be his last he'd be getting named the GOAT more than Pac. Then 3 or 4 years later they release the Black Album and Hov has another classic under his belt after death. dumb thread yes

nah you right tho.... he would been compared to mike jackson by some
  • Uptown81
    Uptown81 Members Posts: 32
    edited June 2011
    If Jay died before the Black Album but was still able to finish it, I think he would have been considered not only the GOAT but he would have been looked at as Pac level prophetic. Just think of the tone of the album and the fact that it was supposed to be his last, that would have drove people nuts. He could have even got the Biggie style funeral through the streets of Brooklyn, while they were playing "What More Can I Say"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Uptown81 wrote: »
    If Jay died before the Black Album but was still able to finish it, I think he would have been considered not only the GOAT but he would have been looked at as Pac level prophetic. Just think of the tone of the album and the fact that it was supposed to be his last, that would have drove people nuts. He could have even got the Biggie style funeral through the streets of Brooklyn, while they were playing "What More Can I Say"

so basically your saying jay's mistake was that he continued rapping after the black album ?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    If Big would've died shortly before his 2nd album, he would be considered the GOAT
  • reverend_al
    reverend_al Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Alot also depends on how he died. If he had drowned or got hit by a bus,
    that doesn't earn you the same points as getting gunned down.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011

Smh at myself but i cosign this...smh
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011

Co-sign only violent deaths count in HipHop....poor Pun should have beefed with the Latin Kings instead of eating barrels of pig-feet.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    eazy died of the monster and don't nobody talk about him
    godfather of gangsta rap
  • bchuck
    bchuck Members Posts: 105
    edited June 2011
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Co-sign only violent deaths count in HipHop....poor Pun should have beefed with the Latin Kings instead of eating barrels of pig-feet.

Damn...LOL!
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    depends when he wouldve died, and on which album

if he died after bp, he'd have been labelled overrated

died after rd, he'd be a big pun type legend

died after the black album he'd have been up there close to biggy, not pac, but close

he carried on which i think ? up his legacy in terms of ? labeling him a has been/overrated/same ol same ol...as the saying goes ur only good as ur last album

everything after the black album has been sub par, also with the demise of rocafella it took that hip hop vibe away from jay z, slowly he has become a businessman cooperate jew lover who just happens to rap

biggy went out on a classic

pac went out on a classic run,

jay retired on a good album, not his best, but it was good, and then he cameback and blahhh
  • Dakari
    edited June 2011
    depends when he wouldve died, and on which album

if he died after bp, he'd have been labelled overrated

died after rd, he'd be a big pun type legend

died after the black album he'd have been up there close to biggy, not pac, but close

he carried on which i think ? up his legacy in terms of ? labeling him a has been/overrated/same ol same ol...as the saying goes ur only good as ur last album

everything after the black album has been sub par, also with the demise of rocafella it took that hip hop vibe away from jay z, slowly he has become a businessman cooperate jew lover who just happens to rap

biggy went out on a classic

pac went out on a classic run,

jay retired on a good album, not his best, but it was good, and then he cameback and blahhh

American Gangster was a pretty good album
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited June 2011

word.....

& LMAO at "what would be a good time for Jay to get clapped"
  • Brova
    Brova Members Posts: 3,171 ✭✭
    edited June 2011

I gotta wonder if some of you dudes are actually black

SMH@ a sucessful brother "earning points" for being killed by another black man
  • thesynthesis
    edited June 2011

to me it was wack

a big disappointment

many skippable songs

nowhere as good as TBA, his last listenable album

jay shud have called it a day after the black album, everything has been downhill ever since...
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Brova wrote: »
    I gotta wonder if some of you dudes are actually black

SMH@ a sucessful brother "earning points" for being killed by another black man

yeah it's foul to think that way but the guys in this thread are being honest about the general perception in regards to rappers deaths....It's a brutal game.
  • Dakari
    edited June 2011
    to me it was wack

a big disappointment

many skippable songs

nowhere as good as TBA, his last listenable album

jay shud have called it a day after the black album, everything has been downhill ever since...

what tracks you skipping on AG?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    I think the ? he is doing now will further his claim for goat more than death, he is going into unmarked teritory and setting the trend that all these other ? are following. On the mainstream level he is also certifying his legacy with Grammy's, number 1 albums, headline festivals and all these big ass shows,etc.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    AG was a good album....
  • Brova
    Brova Members Posts: 3,171 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I think the ? he is doing now will further his claim for goat more than death, he is going into unmarked teritory and setting the trend that all these other ? are following. On the mainstream level he is also certifyings legacy with Grammy's, number 1 albums, headline festivals and all these big ass shows,etc.

shaq-face.jpg
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn funniest ? i seen on here in a while
  • thesynthesis
    edited June 2011
    what tracks you skipping on AG?

success
    pray
    hello bk
    blue magic
    party life

? everything minus ignorant ? , say hello and rocboys

pdiddy and co ruined the production for me
  • hiphophova
    hiphophova Members Posts: 710
    edited June 2011
    if he died then, hed be two notches above the sporty thieves rapper that died and a couple below Big L (and i think Big L is weak)

no way the greatest, just good at self-promotion.
  • Dakari
    edited June 2011
    success
    pray
    hello bk
    blue magic
    party life

? everything minus ignorant ? , say hello and rocboys

pdiddy and co ruined the production for me
    so you only listen for the upbeat tracks?
  • Uptown81
    Uptown81 Members Posts: 32
    edited July 2011
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    so basically your saying jay's mistake was that he continued rapping after the black album ?

Wouldnt say it was a mistake. I actually liked BP3 and American Gangster. Just felt like a totally different Jay Z though. Its like Jordan with the Wizards, a lot of people forget he had some really good games and he really carried a sub par team to almost making the playoffs. But when you were basically and MVP and Championship factory before that, people will feel it was a failure. He hasnt put out a real classic since coming out of retirement, and he will always be compared to how he was pre retirement.