Ex Katrina/New Oleans Mayor Says CIA Wanted Him Dead

Options
LONDON!
LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Social Lounge
crazy ? , scandulous, ? the new orleans police and ? george w bush, from www.dailymail.co.uk

New Orleans mayor thought CIA agents were trying to POISON him after Hurricane Katrina
By FIONA ROBERTS
Last updated at 3:31 AM on 26th June 2011

Comments (4)
Add to My Stories
The former mayor of New Orleans has revealed how he became so paranoid after Hurricane Katrina he was convinced the government was trying to poison him.
Ray Nagin also tells the bizarre story of how heavily-armed men in combat suits allegedly stormed his command centre and attempted to plant bugs, as he led the response to the 2005 disaster.
He makes the revelations in a self-published memoir, Katrina's Secrets: Storms After the Storm.

Bizarre revelations: Ray Nagin, the former mayor of New Orleans, has described how he believed the government was trying to poison him
In the book, he portrays himself as a lone ranger desperately trying to save his hometown against the ineptitude of government officials - and even racist forces.
But Mr Nagin, who left office last year, says he also became deeply paranoid.

More...
Like the end of Titanic: North Dakota cellist plays Bach as Minot residents desperately fight against the floods that have destroyed 4,000 homes so far
The pride of the South? Outrage after Texas tries to put the Confederate flag on licence plates
He said it first started after his infamous rant on September 1, in which he attacked two U.S. Senators who allegedly boasted 'about how well things were going', even though evacuees were still living in terrible conditions.
He wrote: 'I thought to myself, ‘I’m a dead man! I have just publicly denounced the governor, U.S. Senators, FEMA and the president of the United States.

Paranoia: Ray Nagin, pictured with George W. Bush during the disaster operation, has revealed how he believed CIA agents were trying to ? him
'I started wondering if during the night I would be visited by specially trained CIA agents. Could they secretly shoot me with a miniature, slow-acting poison dart?'
His paranoia reached new heights the Monday after the hurricane, when he visited the USS Iwo Jima, an assault ship which served as the base for the federal rescue operation.
When he arrived, he was taken to the infirmary, where two doctors 'had orders to examine me and give me shots.'
He wrote: 'I was still a little paranoid and again started imagining a secret CIA plot where in six months I would be gone,.
'After thinking for a minute, I said to them, "Okay, you can give me shots, but I want you to do the same for my two security guys".
'My thinking was it would have been easier to spin that stress ultimately took me out, but it would be much harder to explain all three of us suddenly dying mysteriously.'

Devastation: The then-president, George W. Bush, joins Ray Nagin as they survey the flood waters in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina
He also describes how he and his aides were in the command room when a group of 20 men stormed, 'dressed in black combat outfits and adorned in bulletproof vests, rifles, and leg straps holding at least two very large handguns each.'
He said they claimed they needed to install satellite lines, and said: 'We’re here to protect the mayor. Everybody else get out.'
Mr Nagin says he believes the men were from defence firm Blackwater. He explains that his aides managed to kick them out and stop them installing the bugs.
In the 330-page paperback, he also describes how a small group of white police officers turned into a 'modern-day Ku Klux ? .'
He wrote: "It is now coming to light that right after Katrina hit, a small group of racist cops went out on regular patrols with the boldly announced purpose of "time to go out and shoot some Negros".'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2008253/New-Orleans-mayor-thought-CIA-agents-trying-POISON-Hurricane-Katrina.html#ixzz1QVEJHkKH

Comments

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i believe the part about the cops, but that cia ? is a stretch. there was literally no point in taking him out
  • LONDON!
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i believe the part about the punk police aswell, the other stuff i'm in two minds about that too, considering ray nagin's background and reputation, crazier ? has happened though, so who knows
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    i believe the part about the cops, but that cia ? is a stretch. there was literally no point in taking him out
    First. You're killing me with the codaroid thing.

Second. There was a reason for him to get done in. Like he said, he went in on the government officials and FEMA. He was even on record saying that New Orleans needed to stay a chocolate city. He felt they were deliberately trying to push and keep the Blacks from returning so they could take that area of N.O. over again.

If they can off white Presidents, then a ? mayor would be no problem.
  • LONDON!
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »

Second. There was a reason for him to get done in. Like he said, he went in on the government officials and FEMA. He was even on record saying that New Orleans needed to stay a chocolate city. He felt they were deliberately trying to push and keep the Blacks from returning so they could take that area of N.O. over again.

thats what i'm saying, it adds up to the regular fruitcake mentality of the system even if ray nagin used to be a republican and is selling his book now, but i do remember him saying during that man made tragedy in my book, that the CIA was looking to take him out and he wasn't selling any books during katrina, you get what i'm saying, so i don't know
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    what yall know about have to rock cordaroid (that's how we say it) pants.........the good ol'days - but to add on what And Step said, YEAH HE WAS SPOOKED, he know how the government works and what type of treachery they do. Nagin was on the front lines and knew they blew them levees up and was systematically killing the blacks of New Orleans and making it hard for them to come back, he was the only voice they had and we he was like ? THE POLICE, FEMA, THE GOVERNOR and Senator of LA and was being to outspoken that's what it start to seep in.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It would make sense though, cause he put all of them on blast, and made the US govt look like a 3rd-world rate agency, due to the outright incompetance and negligance of the whole Katrina fiasco.
  • goopunch2456
    goopunch2456 Members Posts: 58
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The regular paranoia of a black man in America coupled with his statements that he made and his position in the whole fiasco...? Id be paranoid too...IM paranoid now and I aint nobody special

Im not gonna call ? on this story because I can feel him...I believe the FBI operatives did probably storm the command center and believeing the CIA wouldve been involved is not a far fetched story

Cmon son yall know how these Guvment orgs operate
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »

wasnt nobody tryin to hear that but other black folks tho. he was preachin to the choir... far as white america was concerned, he was hangin himself with his own rope (politically)