The official nba/nfl lockout thread

Options
13»

Comments

• oldhead77
    oldhead77 Members Posts: 862 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    it pains me to no end that Corporations have forever tarnished sports....don't get me wrong I'm hip as far as advertising, trying to accumulate more revenue, etc....my issue is that Sports aint sports no more IT'S ALL BUSINESS.

So basically the NFL owners are ? and moanin about a got damn 1 billion dollar "hangover" since from my understanding the 9 billion dollar revenue is "supposedly split fairly (not evenly but fairly) between the owners and players and so the puppet masters are pulling the puppet's (Goodell) strings since after all the NFL Owners are the ones who vote on the hiring of the Commish anyways.

NFL is the most physically demanding sport out there and the owners want to ? and be frugal ass penny-pinchers. Runningbacks have the shortest NFL career (shelf-life) out of all the skill positions; hence also why it's the easiest skill position to transition to college-pros so they can't get cut any slack.

You mean to tell me that Earl Campbell (who helped shape the NFL into what it is today), an NFL HOF'er who can barely walk is a second-class citizen or some peon???

Remember how the Owners frowned on the whole NFL Retirement Package??? I mean seriously that's how they're carrying it????

Business should never mix with sports to the point where PETTY MICKEY MOUSE ? LIKE THIS IS BOUND TO HAPPEN EVER 7-10 YEARS.

I told my homeboy this maybe a month or two ago: "if the lockout carries on the NFL will suffer" he told me no it wont. SHIETTT look at baseball......Baseball pre-1994 strike was "America's Favorite Pasttime" and had been THE numero uno sport in the U.S. for DECADES!!!

Anyone remember what happened once MLB resumed play in 1995??? I'll tell ya what TOTAL DECLINE (attendance, sports paraphanelia/memorabilia, revenue, etc.) and just that fast by the end of the 20th century NFL BECAME KING OF SPORTS IN THE U.S. And this was AFTER 2 gut-wrenching strikes in a 6 year span ( '82' and '87').

the NBA lockout is worse on a grander scale that there's been whispers that the NBA lockout won't just wash away the upcoming the 2011-12 season but the following 2012-13 seaon as well.

THIS IS THE SPORTS VERSION OF PEARL HARBOR, D-DAY,ETC. THIS ? IS JUST BEGINNING
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I can see the NBA with a pro long lockout and it being justified as some of the small markets are in debt... but the NFL nah son everyone I think made some sort of profits for the most part... either way ? the owners.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Igot5onit wrote: »
    I won't be that ? if the NBA misses some games but the NFL? Naw ? we need all 16 games, not that 8 game season ? .

This......
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Both sports...are pretty much different but they great to watch when games get exciting! But I hope next year we see some greater games!