adaptaion orig poem

Monizzle
Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
edited July 2011 in Waiting To Exhale
Adaptation by Marcus O’Neal

Adaptation is the application of learning to deal with life. Understanding that it ain’t what is used to be so don’t enslave yourself to the past and then you are free. See, gone of the days of keenan and kel or Dave Chapelle we can’t go back like snow in an avalanche but we have the chance to change the present like a return line the day after Christmas. Our mind needs to be like play dough not to conform to the status quo but to be molded artistically like a painting of Van Gogh. Statistically we need to be the outliers the gravity defyers that see where we will turn miles ahead of the bend. And when we face adverse conditions on the way that lead us astray we blaze our own path. You don’t need math or any calculations all you need in this life is adaptation.

Because you could learn things at rates that are fast, pass every class with an A but at the end of the day if you can throw the past away, you will never last in this world. Even though it’s a known fact that some memories will never fade to black, you should not let previous pain use you or abuse you. Every storm I’ve been through lives in regret, the mistake they made is they haven’t killed me yet. In every crazy life changing situation I learn a little more about adaptation.

here is a link to the audio version of it http://snd.sc/mhD7RD

Comments

• Azekiel-Horizon
    Azekiel-Horizon Members Posts: 12
    edited July 2011
    This was a deep poem that was oozing with the truth. There was to many lines to just pick out one but these lines really stand out more for some reason
    :
    " Statistically we need to be the outliers the gravity defyers that see where we will turn miles ahead of the bend. And when we face adverse conditions on the way that lead us astray we blaze our own path. You don’t need math or any calculations all you need in this life is adaptation"

The subject about adapation I haven't seen many poets touch on so this was a refreshing read and also it was smooth read which is a plus. Overall this was a great piece, keep droppng the poetic truth