Is it safe to say that these 4 artist own 2000-2010

1235»

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    what, so if u and 3 other ? say so my credibility is ruined..lmao

smh, u should know better ? ..

either way, luda has dropped good albums, from #1 to #6 and even bots wasnt that bad..

The problem is it wouldnt be just 3. It would be huge difference. Make the thread if you dont believe me.
    ? back wrote: »
    Nas is still relevant. I didnt see his name in the OP

Nas is my fav rapper and he owns the quality/consistency thing in all of rap imo but he just doesnt do it big like that anymore. Stillmatic was prolly his peak
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    LMAO at T.I. and Wayne over Eminem for 2000.

Alright. hahaha.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    ? back wrote: »
    Nas is still relevant. I didnt see his name in the OP

Nas ain't run ? in the 2000's. Nas has been riding Illmatic's steam for his entire career. His best album in the 2000's isn't even that great compared to others dropped this decade.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    i wasnt feeling the songs on back for the first time like that, he was spittin tho..

word of mouf was real good tho, and chicken & beer and red light district are slept on imo..

As crazy as it sounds, I don't think Luda should try too hard to make a complete album because they come off as too overly contrived. Its a sad attempt at introspection. Like on Back For The First Time, he's at his best when he's not really aiming for anything and when he's not thinking about trying to make something introspective just because he's worried about his legacy or something. That's probably why he's always spitting fire on other people's songs. That album was pretty much banger, banger, banger, skit, banger, banger, skit, banger, banger lol. He was just attacking beats with no tricks or themes to hide behind. He can still cater to women and be true to himself ("Splash Waterfalls").

Either way, you can't sleep on Luda's work. He's been killing tracks for years and doesn't have many weaknesses like T.I. Only thing slowing him down is his album work.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    hlf wrote: »
    The problem is it wouldnt be just 3. It would be huge difference. Make the thread if you dont believe me.

so basically ur sayin ur opinion is fact because u think more people will agree wit u?

and i have no cred because i dont agree wit u?

oh ok.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited July 2011
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    As crazy as it sounds, I don't think Luda should try too hard to make a complete album because they come off as too overly contrived. Its a sad attempt at introspection. Like on Back For The First Time, he's at his best when he's not really aiming for anything and when he's not thinking about trying to make something introspective just because he's worried about his legacy or something. That's probably why he's always spitting fire on other people's songs. That album was pretty much banger, banger, banger, skit, banger, banger, skit, banger, banger lol. He was just attacking beats with no tricks or themes to hide behind. He can still cater to women and be true to himself ("Splash Waterfalls").

Either way, you can't sleep on Luda's work. He's been killing tracks for years and doesn't have many weaknesses like T.I. Only thing slowing him down is his album work.

exactly, thats prolly what went wrong wit totm..
  • Stew
    edited July 2011
    so basically ur sayin ur opinion is fact because u think more people will agree wit u?

and i have no cred because i dont agree wit u?

oh ok.

Not at all. I never claimed anything in the opening statement to be fact. Simply asked is it safe to say that, yes or no? Then got on to my reasons why I think that. If you dont agree, cool. No biggie
  • bigsmooth14
    bigsmooth14 Members Posts: 134
    edited July 2011
    I don't get how kanye is on this list
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Nas ain't run ? in the 2000's. Nas has been riding Illmatic's steam for his entire career. His best album in the 2000's isn't even that great compared to others dropped this decade.

That ? is relevant, very much. Now, if this thread is about commercial sales, then i get it
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    broke up with my foreign car, and fell in love with a cadillac
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    T.I. - yes
    Kanye West - yes
    Jay-Z - yes
    Lil Wayne - i would say from 2006 until 2010.
  • urmybitch
    urmybitch Members Posts: 284
    edited July 2011
    2pac and Biggie
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited July 2011
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I don't get how kanye is on this list

Its safe to say he had the best catalog in the 00's.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    imILL wrote: »
    Its safe to say he had the best catalog in the 00's.

behind Jay, yeah
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Bored swag.

KillaCham.'s Top 10 Biggest Rap Artists of 2000-2010

8. T.I. (run: 2005-2009)
    3 #1 albums, over 7 million albums sold in the US, 3 #1 songs on the Hot 100 (18 weeks) one of which replacing the other as #1 (Whatever You Like/Live Your Life), over 15 million singles sold in the US, 3 Grammys

Wrong Trap Muzik dropped in 2003 and thats when his run started..

So yea he is definately top 4 with 6 years of good/great music
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2011
    jeezy did better than ti and wayne from 2005 to 2008
  • Stew
    edited July 2011

U mean his production was better?
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011

Im a big Jeezy fan he actually my second fave behind T.I.

But hmmm T.I. owned 06 damn near into the summer of 07 with "What You Know" alone