Hip-hop: the Furious force of Rhymes, Documentary

waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Essence
Yo if you have Direct TV and got the Smithsonian channel and is a hip-hop head and love hip-hop, this is a great documentary... it's showing this week, i just DVR'd it and now watching it. If not check your local cable company and listings

It's about hip-hop and how powerful the artform is and how it's spreading and making a change universally. It goes from NY to France, Germany, Middle East..... How hip-hop changed France and the racism on the blacks, how a black german was killed and how hip-hop united a blacks how young arabs and white germans using hip-hop.

It shows how hip-hop overseas is keeping the culture in it's purest form and using hip-hop as a weapon of change. They interview hiphop artist from europe, they have Grandmaster Caz, Busy Bee, Dead Prez,D-Nice.

And it's sad how the Powers to be knew how powerful hip-hop is in the United States and with 20 years of systematically attack on hip-hop they made it what you see on tv and hear on radio.

This documentary let me appreciate what they doing overseas and even appreciate hip-hop more, If you want to See how powerful hip-hop is watch this documentary.

Comments

• Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Yo what channel is that? I have Direct cut back on channels awhile back so i may not have it but ill see
  • waterproof
    edited July 2011
    Ishi wrote: »
    Yo what channel is that? I have Direct cut back on channels awhile back so i may not have it but ill see

It's comes on the Smithsonian channel , it's a free channel. Go to search in type in Hip-hop the Furious force of Rhymes and it tells you the time and channel number, and you wont be disappointed, these cats in other countries use hip-hop in which hip-hop was meant to be and shows you how powerful hip-hop culture is.
  • Ishi
    edited July 2011
    No luck man searched the channel and the name do you have Att&t U-vers or Direct Tv normal?
  • waterproof
    edited July 2011
    No luck man searched the channel and the name do you have Att&t U-vers or Direct Tv normal?

I have direct tv normal
  • waterproof
    edited July 2011
    .........................................................................................
  • waterproof
    edited July 2011
  • Ishi
    edited July 2011
    waterproof wrote: »
    I have direct tv normal

World damn i cant find that ? when i search hip hop no luck

When i search furious no luck
  • waterproof
    edited July 2011
    World damn i cant find that ? when i search hip hop no luck

When i search furious no luck

alright go to search and try putting in Smithsonian in the search menu to see if it gives you the channel number
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    word imma try and look for this
  • Ishi
    edited July 2011
    alright go to search and try putting in Smithsonian in the search menu to see if it gives you the channel number

No luck it was probably one of the many channels that i had took off. I'm google the doc see if i can find anywhere i can watch the whole thing if not ill see on youtube probably can catch it in parts.
  • waterproof
    edited July 2011
    No luck it was probably one of the many channels that i had took off. I'm google the doc see if i can find anywhere i can watch the whole thing if not ill see on youtube probably can catch it in parts.

WORD??????? YO you should call Direct TV to see if they carry in your area because that channel comes with the package like TNT, ESPN ect......., give them a call and see what they say
  • Ishi
    edited July 2011
    WORD??????? YO you should call Direct TV to see if they carry in your area because that channel comes with the package like TNT, ESPN ect......., give them a call and see what they say

Weird i have tnt,espen and ? but they did take alot of channels including NBA channel my ? I missed the draft because of them lol so I'm have to call anyway.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    satyrone wrote: »
    word imma try and look for this

This. Not from the States, but I'll try and get a look in from somewhere...