Offical Treme Season 2 Thread

13»

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    I figured they were going to get robbed the second the scene started......didn't think homie would get shot though, damn.

in the eye at that. smh
  • oldhead77
    oldhead77 Members Posts: 862 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    yeah that ? was unexpected. Why the ? did he have to say anything. DAMN

I feel what you're saying but the context which Harley made his "last words" was for the youngin to realize that his actions were wrong not as an insult

R.I.P Harley's character in Treme
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    oldhead77 wrote: »
    I feel what you're saying but the context which Harley made his "last words" was for the youngin to realize that his actions were wrong not as an insult

R.I.P Harley's character in Treme

yeah he definately didnt have any negative intentions and was just trying to pass a word of advise. But that wasnt the time or place.
    Unforunately I been in a similiar situation and the best thing to do is ? .
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Seems like a gif waiting to happen..

"I ain't ya son!" *gun shot through the eye*
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited June 2011
    I really liked that guy's character (the one who got killed). But that was brutal.
    Lol at Kermit taking his audience back from Batiste. Actually, what Batiste did wasn't cool at all.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    uaintknow wrote: »
    I really liked that guy's character (the one who got killed). But that was brutal.
    Lol at Kermit taking his audience back from Batiste. Actually, what Batiste did wasn't cool at all.

Lol yea what antoine did was green. Although he's still my fav. Character on the show. I know I've been absent from this thread for a few weeks. That's because I've been so busy and haven't had any time to watch alot of the episodes. But these past few days I've been playing catch up by watching them on demand. I must say, I really love this season. Probably even more so than the first. And I'm even more excited that it's been renewed for a third season.

As far as thoughts on this episode? Man as soon as I seen pelacanos's name in the written credits, I knew something terrible would happen. He's notorious for killing off lead characters. He did the same thing in the wire. But damn I didn't know it would be Harley. U can tell now that annie's gonna have a hard time recovering from this. Similar to Ladonna with the ? . Lol @ lil calliope taking over dj's sets and getting radio play before him. Also nice to see Ron Carter playing bass in this episode. And finally I'm starting to see nelson's character come into fruition with the theme. He stays ? fine ? too.
  • uaintknow
    edited June 2011
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Lol yea what antoine did was green. Although he's still my fav. Character on the show. I know I've been absent from this thread for a few weeks. That's because I've been so busy and haven't had any time to watch alot of the episodes. But these past few days I've been playing catch up by watching them on demand. I must say, I really love this season. Probably even more so than the first. And I'm even more excited that it's been renewed for a third season.

As far as thoughts on this episode? Man as soon as I seen pelacanos's name in the written credits, I knew something terrible would happen. He's notorious for killing off lead characters. He did the same thing in the wire. But damn I didn't know it would be Harley. U can tell now that annie's gonna have a hard time recovering from this. Similar to Ladonna with the ? . Lol @ lil calliope taking over dj's sets and getting radio play before him. Also nice to see Ron Carter playing bass in this episode. And finally I'm starting to see nelson's character come into fruition with the theme. He stays ? fine ? too.

Yeah this season is better that the first one. Which is a big surprise considering how great the first one was.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Is it safe to talk about last nights episode yet?
  • uaintknow
    edited June 2011
    Is it safe to talk about last nights episode yet?

Yeah, now it is

? Annie found out that Harley was faking his character wonder how she's gonna feel about him now.
    Wtf is happening to Batiste now he's being to much of an ? to everybody.....
    I feel sorry for DJ Davis the guy is trying so hard but it seems like he's just out of luck.
  • newOldSchool
    edited June 2011
    uaintknow wrote: »
    Yeah, now it is

? Annie found out that Harley was faking his character wonder how she's gonna feel about him now.
    Wtf is happening to Batiste now he's being to much of an ? to everybody.....
    I feel sorry for DJ Davis the guy is trying so hard but it seems like he's just out of luck.

Davis needs to fall back and take more of an executive producer roll and do the artistic stuff as a hobby. LaDonna is going through it right now...Hell all of the characters are going through it right now. Nothing good is happening for anybody. Really a down time in the show.
  • uaintknow
    edited June 2011
    Davis needs to fall back and take more of an executive producer roll and do the artistic stuff as a hobby. LaDonna is going through it right now...Hell all of the characters are going through it right now. Nothing good is happening for anybody. Really a down time in the show.

true...save for Sonny and Sofia.
    Last episode of the third season next sunday:( I really don't want em to make it too long 3 seasons is just perfect but that third season gotta be dope.
  • Ounceman
    edited June 2011
    Man Antoine, like everybody else on here, was my fav character on the show but now he's starting to act like a pompous ? . Delmond is now my fav character. I like how he fleshed out in trying to become the best musician he can all while preserving the rich history and soul of new Orleans speaking of

I now see why chief al has become so bitter to everything and everyone. He misses the big easy and can't be away from it for long I kinda picked that up because when he was in new York he was comparing everything up there to it

Good to see janette finally preparing the dishes she loved and still loves doing. I just now noticed that her roomate is ziggy from season 2 of the wire.

Just as I thought Annie is taking harley's death hard, but not to the point where she's blocking people off

Lt Terry is finally started to see the inner workings of the homicide sept. And how broken it is.

Can't believe the season finale is next weekend. It seems like only yesterday i made this thread. I'm not ready for the show to end just yet. O well at least I'll have another season to look forward to
  • oldhead77
    edited July 2011
    DJ Davis is probably gonna scrap the band b/c it seems like he can't get his foot in the door for ? .

Annie is gonna re-concile with Sonny in the season finale (my prediction........the look she gave him when he dropped off the guitar and the notes said it all imho).

Baptiste is gonna let youngblood (I forgot his name) play in the band at one of his gigs (another prediction)
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Smh at me reading yall ? and thinking Annie was the lawyer but imo opinion that guitar player needed to exit he was holding Annie back this ? keeps getting better and the music while the captions be playing always be good man this probably my top 5 fav shows of all time
  • Ounceman
    edited July 2011
    Uppin for the big episode tonight
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    damn Simon doesnt pull any punches. Ya'll peep the foreshadowing with Sonny shrimp boat, the beautiful scenery and the oil rig?

hahaha Davis & his aunt getting ? by Cash Money
    suprise suprise

looks Antoine finally found his band.
  • Ounceman
    edited July 2011
    Lol I knew that chef would eventually smash janette
  • Ounceman
    edited July 2011
    damn Simon doesnt pull any punches. Ya'll peep the foreshadowing with Sonny shrimp boat, the beautiful scenery and the oil rig?

suprise suprise

I peeped that. Simon and overmeyer are geniuses. Simply put. The way they fuse social commentary relevant to reality into their stories are second to none
  • Ounceman
    edited July 2011
    Smh @ the shell casings suddenly disappearing in the homicide dept. Which further proves the police had something to do with the murders. Props to Lt. Colston for exposing those pigs for the crooks they are.
  • PlatinumStylez
    PlatinumStylez Members Posts: 383
    edited July 2011

suprise suprise

Lol, yeah I can't believe they sold that ? for only 30, and he only got 4 lol.

Yeah that oil rig scene was on point, I smiled when I seen that ? .

I'm glad ladannas husband let her keep the bar and I can't believe dude moved to new Orleans, that's a good dude, and ladannas ass was looking fine as hell in that last scene in her bar with that new haircut.

This was a great season finale, I liked this season better than the first, and the first was dope.
  • Ounceman
    edited July 2011
    Wow, even though dj was one of my least favorite characters, it was rather bittersweet to see him right back where he started

Annie's still trying to come up with ideas for her song

I guess there's mounting tension between Toni and lt Terry now

I knew Ladonna couldnt stay away from the bar for long. It's like a piece of her remains with it

As much as I thought Nelson would be a powerhouse in this season, he now has to forcefully fall back due to conspiracy charges on behalf of somebody else's ? ups

I see chief al and delmonds relationship getting stronger and him not being so bitter now that theyre in new Orleans

Janette is back home and can finally open a restaurant that could potentially be profitable

But all in all what a beautiful way to end a terrific season. Can't believe that's it. The music is what I'll miss the most. Part of me is sad because it's gone off and now I will have to search for something to watch. But the other part of me is overjoyed because it's coming back for another season and I get to spend time once again in and hear the infectious music of the he big easy. Until then, I'll be singing the opening track from the intro "down in the treme"
  • oldhead77
    edited July 2011
    well 1 for 3 out my predictions aint bad...

I agree season 2 trumps season 1...now it's Entourage's swan song season, Hung, and How To Make It In America
  • newOldSchool
    edited July 2011
    great end to the season... glad to see things turn around for everyone. I'm most happy for Sonny. to see him go from constant ? up to becoming someone more respectable was a great character arch.

What are some of ya'll favorite quotes from the show?

"play for that money"

"worry is above my muthafuckin pay-grade"
  • oldhead77
    edited July 2011
    khandi alexander better win an emmy or golden globe for the season finale performance alone

c/s she showed her ass but it was in a very appropriate way though no BS
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    loved that season finale. season 3 definitely is gonna tackle the oil leak tragedy. i can't wait for that. antoine and his girl got that house. happy to see that. and i was happy as hell to see ladonna face that ? who ? her. should've kicked the ? in his face. and also her husband for not only lettin her keep the bar, but also moving back to no. u know sex that night was gonna of the charts. lol! seeing sonny get his life together was good. definitely happy for janette, BUT i think that oil tragedy is gonna have a big impact on her new restaurant.

man the music tho of that show is on point. love this show. hbo is flawless when it comes to original series.