How many guys in here can Bench Press twice their weight???

Options
2»

Comments

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lol!!!!!!!! If you can bench twice your weight than you aint street legal.

Earl Boykins is 135 pounds and can bench 315 pounds
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    nope.....not really concerned about it tho...im not a pro athlete so its meh....im still pretty strong for my size tho. my max is 275. I weigh 165.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    u sound like one of those ? ass inmates i be slappin up

Yeah? Ok. Thanks for telling me that.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    kingjamal wrote: »
    earl boykins is 135 pounds and can bench 315 pounds
    ok my ? you don't fu.ck wit the weights lol. Are you saying can you lift twice your weight one time or actually doing reps? If you talking bout doing reps then you look like the incredible hulk.

Lol i hope you wasn't talking about the b ball player earl boykins.... Lol!!!!!

Dude, i'm 5'9 190lbs and i used to bench 200 when i was playing sports. I'm already light weight swoll right now and i only bench 175 now. Do you know what a ? start to look like after 200 lbs? This is why i reduced my weight cause that bulky look aint sexy to the females no more. Plus you start to look funny in your shirts.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ok my ? you don't fu.ck wit the weights lol. Are you saying can you lift twice your weight one time or actually doing reps? If you talking bout doing reps then you look like the incredible hulk.

Lol i hope you wasn't talking about the b ball player earl boykins.... Lol!!!!!

Dude, i'm 5'9 190lbs and i used to bench 200 when i was playing sports. I'm already light weight swoll right now and i only bench 175 now. Do you know what a ? start to look like after 200 lbs? This is why i reduced my weight cause that bulky look aint sexy to the females no more. Plus you start to look funny in your shirts.

Push-ups>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bench press

No lie though, I miss bench-pressing. Too bad my weight bench went out of commission months ago or else I'd still be benching. But, I love push-ups!
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Naw that's some other ish...benching 1.5x your weight is cool and possible with dedication...u should be able to squat and deadlift twice your weight tho..most cats in the gym dont do those exercise tho lmaooo
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm 220 and I max 300 and 440 is out of the question for me
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    **filling out job application**

me: dude this is asking can i lift up to 80 lbs

friend: bro just lie on it they wont know

*spits out water*
    At this post, I chuckled.....a little bit.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i doubt it..
    i never benched before yall ? can move refrigerators by yourself and...

i dont goto the gym just do my own ? just maintaining
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well I just started repping 315 this year and i've been working out since 2007. And it was a struggle just to get to the 3 plate benchmark. 4 plates seems a mile a way, but with hard work and dedication i'll get there 2!

If your over 200 pounds, benching twice your weight will not come easy. When's the last time you seen people in the gym benching 4 plates? I've only seen it done maybe 3 times since i've been training. Shoot, you rarely see people pushing 3 plates in the gym.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? , do you know how much twice your body weight is? You know how hard it is to get into the 300's? The stronger you get, the harder it is to get stronger.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I weigh 205 pounds can bench 245 but been stuck there for a few months now! Been working out on and off since 2006 but started doing it 3 days a week since 2009. But bench pressing twice your weight would be hard as ? ! Never seen anyone do more than six 45lb plates on a barbell
  • Well Got Dam
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you ? weighing 160 pounds claiming to bench 250 is some got dam liars!
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    my roommate is 170 and claims to have maxed out at 340 before and he's pretty swole so its possible.
  • Well Got Dam
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »

This muthafuka is using unnatural enhancements!
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    DAMITT wrote: »

no lie ? straight facts......thats just ONE rep tho....i aint in the gym reppin 275.....LOL
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Members Posts: 355
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Look at me dude. I weigh 180 lbs. Do I look like I can throw up 180 lbs?
    180 lbs isn't that much. If you work out regularly on a good plan for 4-5 months you could do that multiple times.
    DAMITT wrote: »
    I only weigh 140lbs but I maxxed out at 235 last year. Its not impossible to have a low body weight but stiill lift a lot. Depends on your body type, how much you work out, and what you eat.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i ain't benching no 500 pounds....

i tihnk the most i ever threw up was like 265...i've always been weak on the bench
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I put up 315 about a year ago. I weigh 175. I switched to dumbells get more results so Im sure my bench has gone down some.