DC Reboot Thread

2»

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    first-look-at-jim-lees-new-justice-league-20110531051858271-000.jpg

New Justice League

batman looks like a old ass ? compared to all them dudes supes looks young as hell
  • nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Superman's Big Changes
    DC reveals details on the new Man of Steel.

This Superman is very much an alien, one struggling to adjust to his adopted home. In the series, he must come to terms with both the loss of his home world, as well as the loss of both of his adopted parents. He is more Kal-El from the planet Krypton than Clark Kent from Kansas. He's a loner trying to find his place in the world.

-The series' first storyline will explore the origins of Superman's costume, as it evolves from a look that includes jeans and work boots to a new look: a suit of battle armor that pays tribute to his Kryptonian past.

-His great powers have limits. When the series begins, Superman can leap tall buildings, but his ability to fly is in its infancy.

We know that Action Comics takes place in the early days of the hero, but what about Superman by George Perez and Jesus Merino? Don't expect the same old-same old there, either.

-Clark Kent is single and living on his own. He has never been married.

-Lois Lane is dating a colleague at the DAILY PLANET (and his name isn't Clark Kent) and she has a new position with the paper.

supermans-big-changes-20110718095852914-000.jpg
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    He looks retarted as hell with those skinny jeans on and I'm kinda mad because they've gotten rid of the continuity involving the Kents, but I hope they manage to impose a new story on him.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    If I was a long time DC reader....I feel ? .

plain and simple.

can't think of the link, right now, but there was in article on this saying that the sudden relaunch isn't so sudden

and behind the scene Lee, Johns, and Didio been trying to fight this from happening for so time now.

but the Warner Bros (DC parent company) Executive they answer to (their boss) got tired of Marvel coming in 1st in sells. This was his solution.

Of course from the outside they have to put on face and proclaim publicly this is a grand ideal
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Those Character Designs And Pics In General Look Very "Marvelish"
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    as a longtime dc reader, i dont feel ? at all.

and the costumes look more Hollywood-ish than Marvel-ish.