The Official LE Text Battle Summer Tournament #3 SIGN-UP Thread!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Time for sign-ups for the THIRD battle tournament!

[RULES
    16 lines mandatory. I will create each battle thread.
    There will be due dates. For example, if the threads are created Sunday, battlers have to check in by Wednesday before midnight Eastern time. If both check in, verses are due by Sunday night 11:59:59 PM Eastern time. If only 1 person checks in and the other person doesn't, the person who checked in wins automatically without having to drop a verse. Checking in is as simple as posting "Check." or whatever you like in your battle thread before posting your verse. Posting your verse can be a check in as long as it's done before Wednesday. AND if no one checks in by Wednesday, both battlers are disqualified and the battler they would have faced had they won would get a bye week.
    Checking in will let us know each battler acknowledges the battle and acts as a promise they will post a battle verse. If we didn't have check in's, then one of the battlers may waste their time and energy writing a battle verse that will go to waste if their opponent decides to drop out.
    In the case that both battlers check in but only one battler post their verse before the verse due time, then the person who missed the due time will be disqualified and the other battler will move onto the next round.

VOTING
    If both check in and there is a battle, voting will start as soon as both verses are posted and will go on for six days after they are due in the case that both battlers wait until the last minute to post their verses.
    For this tournament, we will have official voters. Meaning, only their votes will count. It is allowed for other members to offer their input but their votes will not count. Feedback is encouraged but not necessary. There will be 5 official voters and the battler who accumulates 3 votes first wins (3-0 KO, 3-1, and 3-2 are all wins obviously). Votes MUST BE EXPLAINED.

If you have any questions, ask in this thread or PM me.

TO SIGN UP for this tournament, just post your e-mail in this thread or post that you are signing up and I will send everyone an e-mail or message alerting them that the first round threads have been posted and to check into their respective threads to check in. The tournament will begin the Wednesday after we receive 16 or 32 battlers, depending how quickly sign-ups occur. I plan on leaving this thread open for about 2-3 weeks so we can have a good turn out. If things are slow, I'll start promoting this tournament in other sections of the IC but for now, I'll leave it how it is so the people that actually browse Lyrical Executions get first dibs.

OFFICIAL VOTING PANEL
    jamacia
    hlf
    WallH
    sionb55
    Young-Ice

CONTESTANTS SO FAR
    love yal
    R.Greezy
    iMpIoDez
    thedesolateone
    C.Melendez
    deaththreats
    7thwardslim
    b.c.o.dcru
    Raw-Material
    Rubic
    maxseveneight
    onepunch
    Fazeem Blackall
    sniperk
    nkflier23
    (tournament will start when we get 16)

Since you in the tourney this time, are you still doing the matchups?...how are the matchups going to be done?
  • raw-material_ahh
    raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Alright. We got 16. Threads going up very soon.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    sniperk wrote: »
    Oh ? , I just found Young-Ice is a judge.

So I guess me and Disciplined Insight won't be winning...LOL.

The voting is ? anyways, which is one of the reasons I'm not in this time.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My bad. I counted C.Melendez twice. Still waiting for one more.
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    bump thread...

and, for the record, I FEAR NO MAN.

Don't get it twisted...
  • deaththreats
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Since you in the tourney this time, are you still doing the matchups?...how are the matchups going to be done?

Question got overlooked, bumping thread wit question again.......................
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Question got overlooked, bumping thread wit question again.......................

My bad. I didn't see this. I am still doing the match ups. The way they will be done is first I will rank everyone that has signed up. thedesolateone will be ranked #1 since he is returning champion but also BC he is ranked #1 according to the Battle Record Books. Then everyone else who signed up will be ranked according to the Battle Record Book too. People who have the same amount of points will be distinguished by their records. For example, if you have 8 points and so do I but my record is 2-1 in completed battles and 1-0 by way of no-shows and your record is 2-0, you will be ranked higher than me BC you have a more spotless record. And every tournament, there are people who never battled before. This time they are onepunch, Rubic, Fazeem Blackall, nkflier23, and R.Greezy. With these people, I will put them at the end of the rankings usually in ABC order. Sometimes if I see they have less than 50 posts like Rubic, I may put him last intentionally BC that's a reg flag to me. Maybe someone just created him to better their chances or maybe he lacks experience and he obviously lacks posting experience with this forum. I may rank onepunch above the newbies since he's posted a few times in RTM before in love yal's battle raps thread. I'm not sure but in the end, match ups will look like this, classic tournament style:

1 vs 16
    8 vs 9
    5 vs 12
    4 vs 13

6 vs 11
    3 vs 14
    7 vs 10
    2 vs 15

That's as fair as I can think of. Still waiting on one more to sign up. If no one signs up by tonight midnight or tomorrow, I am thinking of starting the tournament anyway and giving desolate a bye week to reward him for winning the last tournament and every time a defending champion enters, he may get a bye week in the first round. Just an idea.
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hey I don't mean to challenge your authority or anything because you do seem to be a great RTM leader, but how exactly do you find that fair? You said you are ranking people statistically from best to worst; okay I got that. Then you go on to say it will be done classic tournament style, which means the assumed best will face the assumed worst, the assumed 2nd-best will face the assumed 2nd-worst, etc. I mean sure you want to try and save the best battles for last but at the same time this method still isn't exactly fair. I think there are more effective methods that cater to fairness such as randomizing it. Such as pulling numbers from a hat or something where it's like 2v8 1v4 3v11 9v14 7v5 you know what I mean something like that. I mean if the main focus is spectators then classic is perfect because it usually has the best battles last, all I'm saying is it isn't exactly the most "fair" option is it?
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited July 2011
    Options
    iMpIoDez wrote: »
    Hey I don't mean to challenge your authority or anything because you do seem to be a great RTM leader, but how exactly do you find that fair? You said you are ranking people statistically from best to worst; okay I got that. Then you go on to say it will be done classic tournament style, which means the assumed best will face the assumed worst, the assumed 2nd-best will face the assumed 2nd-worst, etc. I mean sure you want to try and save the best battles for last but at the same time this method still isn't exactly fair. I think there are more effective methods that cater to fairness such as randomizing it. Such as pulling numbers from a hat or something where it's like 2v8 1v4 3v11 9v14 7v5 you know what I mean something like that. I mean if the main focus is spectators then classic is perfect because it usually has the best battles last, all I'm saying is it isn't exactly the most "fair" option is it?

The problem with randomizing the matchups is there is no way of proving I randomized them. Everyone in the tournament would have to chill with me as I actually pick the names out of the hat. For all anyone knows, I could just say I randomized them by picking names out of a hat but actually put myself against someone who I think is the least skilled then placed myself in a bracket with two other people I think are wack so that I could face one of them next. But if I tell you exactly how I do the matchups, there is no way I could cheat. And that is by first ranking everyone according to the Battle Record thread and putting the oddballs in the end by ABC order. The oddballs are those people who we have not seen battle yet in LE. For all we know, those 5 oddballs could be as good or better than the top 5 ranked. Also, I could see how you can say it's not fair or exciting for a rank 16 to battle a rank 1 but if they enter, they are entering to win the tournament and will eventually have to face rank 1 regardless. That's if rank 1 never loses which wasn't the case last tournament when Disciplined InSight lost.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i want in...i feel like i got robbed last time
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The problem with randomizing the matchups is there is no way of proving I randomized them. Everyone in the tournament would have to chill with me as I actually pick the names out of the hat. For all anyone knows, I could just say I randomized them by picking names out of a hat but actually put myself against someone who I think is the least skilled then placed myself in a bracket with two other people I think are wack so that I could face one of them next. But if I tell you exactly how I do the matchups, there is no way I could cheat. And that is by first ranking everyone according to the Battle Record thread and putting the oddballs in the end by ABC order. The oddballs are those people who we have not seen battle yet in LE. For all we know, those 5 oddballs could be as good or better than the top 5 ranked. Also, I could see how you can say it's not fair or exciting for a rank 16 to battle a rank 1 but if they enter, they are entering to win the tournament and will eventually have to face rank 1 regardless. That's if rank 1 never loses which wasn't the case last tournament when Disciplined InSight lost.
    Yeah I see what you're saying but at the same time I feel like ? what these ? think...If they don't believe you randomized the ? , cats can step, y'heard? I know it's your job to try and cater to everyone so I understand your decision but straight up if I was in your shoes I'd run ? however the ? I felt was best. ? will complain no matter how you do the ? anyway nahmean? ? these ? yo but aye like I said I'm wit you cuz, do ya thang.
  • deaththreats
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My bad. I didn't see this. I am still doing the match ups. The way they will be done is first I will rank everyone that has signed up. thedesolateone will be ranked #1 since he is returning champion but also BC he is ranked #1 according to the Battle Record Books. Then everyone else who signed up will be ranked according to the Battle Record Book too. People who have the same amount of points will be distinguished by their records. For example, if you have 8 points and so do I but my record is 2-1 in completed battles and 1-0 by way of no-shows and your record is 2-0, you will be ranked higher than me BC you have a more spotless record. And every tournament, there are people who never battled before. This time they are onepunch, Rubic, Fazeem Blackall, nkflier23, and R.Greezy. With these people, I will put them at the end of the rankings usually in ABC order. Sometimes if I see they have less than 50 posts like Rubic, I may put him last intentionally BC that's a reg flag to me. Maybe someone just created him to better their chances or maybe he lacks experience and he obviously lacks posting experience with this forum. I may rank onepunch above the newbies since he's posted a few times in RTM before in love yal's battle raps thread. I'm not sure but in the end, match ups will look like this, classic tournament style:

1 vs 16
    8 vs 9
    5 vs 12
    4 vs 13

6 vs 11
    3 vs 14
    7 vs 10
    2 vs 15

That's as fair as I can think of. Still waiting on one more to sign up. If no one signs up by tonight midnight or tomorrow, I am thinking of starting the tournament anyway and giving desolate a bye week to reward him for winning the last tournament and every time a defending champion enters, he may get a bye week in the first round. Just an idea.

Dig....preciate the response fam
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So is it still at only 15 competitors???
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Shout out's to all the particpants..

I'll be glad to be a spectator this time around lol.

Good luck everyone :)

peace!
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Legend24 wrote: »
    If you still need one more you can throw me in there.

judahxulu is the 16th sign-up. I know you got skill so maybe you can hop in if someone no shows round one.

Battle threads will go up in a few hours.
  • Goldenchild1
    Goldenchild1 Members Posts: 39
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • Goldenchild1
    Goldenchild1 Members Posts: 39
    edited July 2011
    Options
    why don't we do top 20? we have enough
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited July 2011
    Options
    im in.. thx

It took awhile to get 16. You are #18. We already have our 16 and the tournament has started. If anyone no-shows, Legend24 will take their spot and if anyone else no-shows in the first round, you will take their spot. Usually 2 of the 16 no-show in the first round. They have until Sunday to check-in so we'll see what's up.
This discussion has been closed.