San Francisco Police (SFPD) shoot and ? a man in the Bayviews Hunters

2»

Comments

• truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    yall kno they saying he is a person of interest in killing a pregnant woman in Seattle....I dont believe the gun part either tho....
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    If the guy had a gun and was shooting at the cops, I dont know what people expect the cops to do.....dont know what the truth is but witnesses have said the guy was shooting at the cops. If he was, than nothing else could have been done. It is what it is.
  • aijalon
    aijalon Members Posts: 919
    edited July 2011
    The Jamel wrote: »
    The real question is why none of you ? is doing your part to make this ? trend on twitter....

you got your outlet, tell your followers to help make this ? more public....

No disrespect to you young brother. BUT ? TWITTER.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    heyslick wrote: »
    The man shot by the SFPD was a suspect in Seattle.

http://sfist.com/2011/07/18/muni_fare_evader_shot_by_sfpd_was_a.php

another video showing someone picking the gun up and leaving the scene

The video doesn't show a gun. It doesn't show he picked up a gun. I doubt all those people would walk past a gun nearly a half hour into the incident.

Besides whether he was a suspect is irrelevant. They didnt know that when they killed him.
  • And Step
    edited July 2011
    They killed the boy because he was Black. Not paying the fare was a pretext.

They are more patient and forbearing with whites.

Here these devils let a psychopath hold a gun in plain view and they carefully shoot it out his hand and allow him to live.

He is actually facing them with a gun. Not running, but facing them.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
  • fiat_money
    edited July 2011
    And Step wrote: »
    They killed the boy because he was Black. Not paying the fare was a pretext.

They are more patient and forbearing with whites.

Here these devils let a psychopath hold a gun in plain view and they carefully shoot it out his hand and allow him to live.

He is actually facing them with a gun. Not running, but facing them.
    Wouldn't it be easier to snipe the gun out of the hand of a stationary person who's not running through a crowd and has sat there long enough for snipers to get in place?

Did he even point the gun at the cops?
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    as usual, too many people are jumping to half assed conclusions in here. do we really know all the facts to make a definite conlcusion? my opinion is no. let us know more and act accordingly instead of jumping the gun and hopping on the "? the (racist) police" bandwagon.
  • And Step
    edited July 2011
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be easier to snipe the gun out of the hand of a stationary person who's not running through a crowd and has sat there long enough for snipers to get in place?

Did he even point the gun at the cops?

Of course it would. But if you shoot somebody in the back of the neck while they are running away from you makes it a moot point. You could have hit somebody in the crowd. And then what?

He waved the gun there are several videos of this incident. They have shot black men for supposedly doing the same thing.

The cracked the cabbage of a black dude in Pittsburgh, last year for doing the same thing. The unwritten policy is shoot to ? blacks regardless of circumstances.

White boys just don't get gunned down like that, and they run from the cops too.

SMH, at the penalty for skipping out on fare, death by firing squad before the trial.
  • And Step
    edited July 2011
    Plutarch wrote: »
    as usual, too many people are jumping to half assed conclusions in here. do we really know all the facts to make a definite conlcusion? my opinion is no. let us know more and act accordingly instead of jumping the gun and hopping on the "? the (racist) police" bandwagon.

What more do we need to hear. Have any cops ever admitted that they were anything less than perfect in handling the situation? How can you bat a 1000 when you are a flawed human being?

It is not a bandwagon. It is a reality. How many wrongly convicted exonerated black men, dead black men, and torture victims and videos to the contrary of their lying ass statements do we have to see before we realize that something isn't quite right?

Until they prove otherwise, most are ego starved, power tripping , mercenaries who harbor hatred for black males, both black and white.
  • fiat_money
    edited July 2011
    Of course it would. But if you shoot somebody in the back of the neck while they are running away from you makes it a moot point. You could have hit somebody in the crowd. And then what?

He waved the gun there are several videos of this incident...
    That kind of points to the urgency of the situation. It definitely seems worse to let an armed individual--who may or may not have pointed a gun at or shot at cops--flee into a crowd, than to let an armed individual--who has waved a gun around--sit in a chair out in an open area free of pedestrians.

Makes sense that one response would be more patient.

Different situation=Different response
  • Plutarch
    edited July 2011
    What more do we need to hear. Have any cops ever admitted that they were anything less than perfect in handling the situation? How can you bat a 1000 when you are a flawed human being?

What more? Information about the victim/suspect. Information about the missing/recovered gun. Information from witnesses. Information about the respective cops. Etc, etc. I'm never interested in seriously generalizing any group of peoples because I think that doing that is dangerous and faulty, so I' m going to abstain from pigeonholing every cop in America. Instead, I'll say that, yes, some (I can't even say most) cops are ? and don't take responsibility for their wrongdoings, even if those wrongdoings were accidents. But it's entirely possible that the problem here is not with the cops, but with the suspect/victim. All cops aren't criminal. I know some cops, and even though they aren't saints (and no one is), their hearts are in the right place. I have come to understand the difficulty of the job that cops have, and it's far from simple or easy. I think that if some of you took the job, you'd understand a lot better.
    It is not a bandwagon. It is a reality. How many wrongly convicted exonerated black men, dead black men, and torture victims and videos to the contrary of their lying ass statements do we have to see before we realize that something isn't quite right?

Ok, I can agree that there are some people who have legitimate gripes with the police. But you can't tell me that there are a lot of people who are on that "? the police" tip simply because it's a popular thing to do. They don't apply logic, reason, sense, etc. They just hop on the bandwagon, especially whenever some news that even remotely comes close to being about ? cops crops up. Or a partially unrelated but relevant scenario in which college students could yell "? the police" because the cops broke up their live ass party, neglecting the fact that their party is serving alcohol to minors (which is a crime) or that their party is disturbing the peace of the neighbors. The point is that, no matter how ? up or annoying the ? is, sometimes it's just part of their job, whether anyone likes it or not. If we have a problem with it, we should raise a point of contention about how they conduct their job, not raise an issue against them per se. I think that it all originates from a lack of understanding. That's why I made a thread urging that in order for all this to stop, the community and the police need to come together and come to a much needed understanding. What we may see as an act of police brutality may very well be police protocol to ensure the safety of not only cops but also of innocent bystanders. After all, I’m pretty sure that in a cop's eyes, the most expendable life in such a situation will be the suspect's, then probably his, then probably the innocent bystander. But if that innocent bystander sees a cop implementing rough but “necessary” procedures in securing a suspect, he, she, or they may turn on the cop, not knowing that the cop was doing what he was doing to protect them.

To address your question, I think that we all know that something isn’t quite right. But I think that some of us are addressing that issue in the least most progressive way with the least bit of understanding of what the core of the problem is. I honestly believe that most people are ? , and for that reason, it’s no surprise that I believe that most cops are ? . But that doesn’t mean that most or all cops are criminal. If I had to do the ? that cops have to do, I’d probably be ? too. It just irks me when every now and then you get some juicy news about a ? cop, and then all the sheep come to graze on the “? the police” fodder, neglecting the fact that there are many good cops out there and the “? the police” bs is only making matters worse. Yes, racism amongst some cops is a serious problem (as is a gang load of other problems that aren’t even remotely related to race), but I think that we need to act accordingly to address that problem. Which means seeing the larger problem, avoiding generalizations and sensationalisms, etc.
    Until they prove otherwise, most are ego starved, power tripping , mercenaries who harbor hatred for black males, both black and white.

Change the “most” to “some” and I agree. Otherwise, I can’t say that I disagree or agree with you. I wouldn’t even know how to prove a generalization like that.

Did you just say that cops harbor hatred for black males, both black and white? Or is the “black and white” referring to cops?
  • snappa
    snappa Members Posts: 397
    edited July 2011
    IF (keyword here is IF) this is the same punk ass ? coward bastid that murked that innocent girl then he got what he deserved. IF it was him then he most likely did blast at the cops.

IF.. it wasn't....well then all bets are off.
  • And Step
    edited July 2011
    You can make all the excuses and justification you want. They were not justified in killing that dude.

I don't care if they are not all like this. It doesn't stop the unjust killings, false imprisonments, harassment, and brutality, does it?

I don't need studies and " benefit of the doubt" house ? proclamations to know that all cops are not bad. However they ? people unjustly and hide behind their badges and the so-called good ones cosign by covering up for them and saying nothing enjoining the real "no snitching policy. Even when you get the rare individual who crosses the code of silence when it comes to these devils, the FOP steps in and backs them in their evil wrongdoing. Most Black men have been the victim of authority hungry racist and house ? cops to know that they will harass you, hurt you or ? you because they can get away with it.

White boys don't get done like this because a)they are white and b) House ? cops are afraid of white people.

If you think otherwise you are probably a ? ....or a ? that think he's a ? ...............
  • aijalon
    aijalon Members Posts: 919
    edited July 2011
    heyslick wrote: »
    Here's some info on the man the cops shot.....I will never understand why so many black people defend such vile individuals.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/? -shot-to-death-linked-to-Tanaya-Gilbert-1470709.php

I like the way the article leads off with "? " shot and killed.
    It's not that we defend criminals as much as we are fed up of police brutality and unnecessary use of force.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/07/21/BAAU1KDJ6H.DTL&tsp=1

The autopsy is done and they found out dude shot HIMSELF with his own gun. only one police bullet hit him and it was in the leg.
  • Plutarch
    edited July 2011
    You can make all the excuses and justification you want. They were not justified in killing that dude.

I don't care if they are not all like this. It doesn't stop the unjust killings, false imprisonments, harassment, and brutality, does it?

I don't need studies and " benefit of the doubt" house ? proclamations to know that all cops are not bad. However they ? people unjustly and hide behind their badges and the so-called good ones cosign by covering up for them and saying nothing enjoining the real "no snitching policy. Even when you get the rare individual who crosses the code of silence when it comes to these devils, the FOP steps in and backs them in their evil wrongdoing. Most Black men have been the victim of authority hungry racist and house ? cops to know that they will harass you, hurt you or ? you because they can get away with it.

White boys don't get done like this because a)they are white and b) House ? cops are afraid of white people.

If you think otherwise you are probably a ? ....or a ? that think he's a ? ...............

I hope that this wasn't a direct response to me.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/07/21/BAAU1KDJ6H.DTL&tsp=1

The autopsy is done and they found out dude shot HIMSELF with his own gun. only one police bullet hit him and it was in the leg.

lol really??
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited July 2011
    Dawg, I dig it. Must have all da facts before gettin ? at everyone and pigeonholing. Bad and good people in all walks of life.