I think the Nolan Batman series has ruined Superhero movies for me

13»

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    You just proved my point about the movie not being realistic but people are on nolans ? so hard. The point of joker in the comics is unrealistic so to even do that in the movie would make it what??????????????? unrealistic. Sorry cuz but the movie is cliche and unrealistic and nobody can explain how it isnt.

Man just quit complaining, u sound like a upset school girl...

dont buy the comics or watch the movie....your just complaining about everything in the comics to the movies...
  • Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited July 2011
    stoneface wrote: »
    Its just a stupid ass argument, period. Its basically just taking the actual genre that the film is in and claiming that thats what it is but with the source material's mythos "thrown in". The Dark Knight is an action movie just like the comic that its based on is an action comic. You can say that about anything. You could say Spider Man 2 was an action movie with Spider-Man mythos thrown in, Blade was a martial arts/action movie with Blade mythos thrown in, X-men is a sci-fi/action film with X-men mythos thrown in. Just undermining, I guess.

You see you still havent said how the movie isnt cliche and just an action movie. Everything you have said is so irrelevant it makes no sense.
    Explain how this movie isnt cliche.
  • Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited July 2011
    Man just quit complaining, u sound like a upset school girl...

dont buy the comics or watch the movie....your just complaining about everything in the comics to the movies...

Quit saying the truth about a movie you adore...... sorry cuz accept the fact the movie is just a good action movie that is cliche.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    The writing focused more on the Joker and Harvey Dent than Batman.The end was also weak especially killing off 2face.

ummmm all characters got there shine in the movie....thats the point

Focusing just on Batman and Batman only you end up with a Movie like "Batman Begins" which i thought was a snooze fest..

and all that happens is the same very folks who complain about "Too much joker" , "Too much Too-Face" had they not been in there as much ya'll would complain "Why wasnt there more of the joker??" "Where were the villians at??"

just how people complained about Scarecrow in Batman begins....
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    One problem with Nolan's Batman is that his personality is too black and white.Batman actually has a more dynamic personality than what Bale portrays.It's like he is only Batman because of the suite and not his mentality.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    Quit saying the truth about a movie you adore...... sorry cuz accept the fact the movie is just a good action movie that is cliche.
    You see you still havent said how the movie isnt cliche and just an action movie. Everything you have said is so irrelevant it makes no sense.
    Explain how this movie isnt cliche.

You have a entire Thread you can read through all over again if you dont understand ....
  • VulcanRaven
    edited July 2011
    ummmm all characters got there shine in the movie....thats the point

Focusing just on Batman and Batman only you end up with a Movie like "Batman Begins" which i thought was a snooze fest..

and all that happens is the same very folks who complain about "Too much joker" , "Too much Too-Face" had they not been in there as much ya'll would complain "Why wasnt there more of the joker??" "Where were the villians at??"

just how people complained about Scarecrow in Batman begins....
    I am not complaining.The movie is one of my favorites,but it is far from perfect or untouchable as this thread suggests.The parts with Batman were not as good as the Joker which made the movie uneven and still no Batmobile which I have been waiting for after the first movie.Also the emotion int he acting is really forced and akward.Outside of the Joker the characters seem lifeless.
  • nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    You just brought up the batman books as a reference..... but isn't the nolan movies suppose to be more realistic than that? Not consistent once again

Well, he's actually borrowing from the books. For the most part, Batman is a realistic character, as are most of his rogue's gallery. In the books, some of his best stories are ones against regular criminals without powers. It was plenty of material for Nolan to go off of.

But for the most part, even though I love the Nolan films', I also wish he would get off the "realistic" ? . That's the only points I'll give the Avengers over Batman 3. If a movie's good, it's good.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    I am not complaining.The movie is one of my favorites,but it is far from perfect or untouchable as this thread suggests.The parts with Batman were not as good as the Joker which made the movie uneven and still no Batmobile which I have been waiting for after the first movie.Also the emotion int he acting is really forced and akward.Outside of the Joker the characters seem lifeless.

The Bolded i can agree on..

and people aren't saying it's untouchable as far as just a movie, i think they saying as far asa comic movie...and frankly nothing is untouchable because something can always be better than the next...

but Comic Book wise it's one of the best i've seen..

if The Joker stole the show then he stole the show, that shouldn't make the movie "not as good" ...everyone loves a good villian , and im glad he got that much face time cuz frankly i dont think enough villians do, most of them in these comic translated movies Come and go so quickly in the movie..
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    agreed. before i felt Watchmen was my favorite comic flick...

Ass movies would be Elektra, Hulk, Green Lantern and superman IV
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011

you didnt see that big ass ? he was driving?
  • VulcanRaven
    edited July 2011
    you didnt see that big ass ? he was driving?

That ? was not the Batmobile.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    One problem with Nolan's Batman is that his personality is too black and white.Batman actually has a more dynamic personality than what Bale portrays.It's like he is only Batman because of the suite and not his mentality.

but thats a knock on Bales ? ass acting as Batman

? couldn't even get the voice right...sounded like he had strep
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    as I said before,Captain America >>>>TDK and I like TDK.

You must be out of your ? mind. "Captain America" isn't even as good as "Superman Returns". Y'all ? be bullshitting sometimes
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    You must be out of your ? mind. "Captain America" isn't even as good as "Superman Returns". Y'all ? be bullshitting sometimes

LOL Co-Sign

Captain America was ? terrible.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    TDK is really good but I like Batman '89 more I still feel that is the best characterization of "Batman". In TDK he's just a guy in a rubber suit. In Tim Burton Batman he seemed more like a "creature". And Superman 78 is still the greatest superhero movie. It's not even my fav. but you got to respect the Goat. From the storyarc, to the acting of Superman, it all top notch. TDK is not on the same level TDK has gotten overrated to be honest.
  • vageneral08
    edited July 2011
    That ? was not the Batmobile.

yes it is....having the same model batmobile would be wack so they went outside the box
  • vageneral08
    edited July 2011
    I hope it aint no "? " voice batman in dark knight rises