Pros & Cons: Kofi Kingston

northwest443
northwest443 Members Posts: 589
edited July 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
balance-weight-scale.jpg
In your opinion, What are the "Good" and "Bad" qualities about this character?
2420840199_1.gif

Pros
Good In-ring Performer
Seems to be dedicated to his character.
Good Mic skills.
931418_o.gif
Carries the US and IC titles with pride and defends them in “Good” matches (vs) Others..
Delivers in every PPV that i’ve have seen him in so far.

Cons
Stuck in a gimmick that will Not allow him to appeal to the “Masses”.
They even allowed Rey to have a mean streak at one point in his career. Even Doink went crazy!
They just didn’t wanna stick it out with Kofi, (Him and Orton made for some good TV)
tumblr_lhpe4o820h1qf5m9vo1_250.gif
May fall in that MVP, Shelton Ben. "Category" or already has.
Good but not good enough to “Push”

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I would always compare him to Koko B Ware. In the sense of fan favorite that can only challege for the Inter. or U.S./Euro. tittles!!
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    The cons ain't his fault though.....which sucks because the man has a serious upside
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Pro: Talented, over as hell...fans love him, he's good on the mic AND can wrestle....rare these days (usually leads to a title run)

Con: He's black..
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited July 2011
    m. inferno wrote: »
    The cons ain't his fault though.....
    young chad wrote: »

"The Beast" Mark Henry Agrees !!
    thhenrylulz2.gif
    KEEP YA BILL PAID!
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Pro: Talented, over as hell...fans love him, he's good on the mic AND can wrestle....rare these days (usually leads to a title run)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    i was very disappointed when they cut the mean streak short..
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I hope yall not just now figuring out black wrestlers in the WWE don't succeed.................EVER!!!

They rather have them do their thing, be over with the crowd, and that's it. There was a reason why Junk Yard Dog was the #2 guy behind Hogan at one point in the 80s and never sniffed a title match, not even an IC title match. That eventually went to Macho Man.

JYD was hella over with the crowd, was Hogan's right hand man, always there for him, and he sold merchandise..........BUT............they didn't do anything with him past that. A JYD title run wouldn't have hurt anyone, but it was in the mist of the Hogan Era, so everyone had their place.

Kofi and every other black wrestler who's gifted will not EVER get a Cena type run, and you'll have to ask Vince or someone higher up as to why.
  • The_Recruiter
    The_Recruiter Members Posts: 289
    edited July 2011

Basically. I like Kofi tho