2»

Comments

• harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    i dont even know who that is

but Amy > that dude u mentioned

Thats because it surprises people to a white person with a soulful voice who can do soul music, they see it as something extraordinary, so their label gives them a certain push. When black artists actually do real soul music, nobody really sees at anything special since black people are known for that.

And why even bother sayin she's better then Lynden David Hall when you've never heard of him?

But R.I.P. to Amy even though many of us was already saying that years ago.
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Charlie Sheen>>>>>>>>>>>>Amy Winehouse
    Charlie still Sheeeeeeeening outchea.....

Nah but really tho its sad news and a waste of talent.

R . I . P
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    R.i.p..........
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I hope this serves as a wake up call to Whitney, X, Maia Campbell and everybody else hitting that pipe
  • davidkk
    davidkk Members Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    The world has lost an amazing talent. I always wish i had the chance to meet her or see her in concert. I still cant believe this . Took me awhile to accept this when i found out at work. so ? shocked about this. i just dont know what to think now .. I hope the world remembers her has one talented young lady full of spirit , beauty . Remember her Amy Winehouse who truly mad a impact in the music industry . I for one will remember the good things about Amy . Amy I miss you . ? will hear your music now like we will always will hear.
    I really hope they release her third album as a tribute . I think she would have wanted that for her fans .
    ? i still cant believe this
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    and the clock ticks as which rapper in the coming days will sample her music in a song of theirs...

can definitely see it happening.

And also RIP. Death ain't funny. So i got no mockery in me for her. Drugs is ? . and addiction is ? .

either way, all the best.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    One would wonder what demons were sitting inside her to waste her life like that. Damn, she was such a raw talent. R.I.P. Amy and welcome to club 27.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    NATALIE COLE SOUNDS LIKE A PROPHET NOW!! after Amy won several Grammys in 2008 she had this to say

I think it sends a bad message to our young people who are trying to get into this business, she said. We have to stop rewarding bad behavior.

Natalie Cole had her demons back in the day with drug use but did go to rehab and eventually kicked her habit. Amy on the other hand wrote a song about NOT going to Rehab. NO, NO, NO!! so even if people in her circle did an intervention it sounded like she was stubbornly against getting help.

and i see Natalie's point! what about you??

nataliecole180.jpg

peep my blog as i discuss the legacy of Amy Winehouse at Crazy Hot Tracks!
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I feel bad for her family and her friends, but this is what you call a self-fulfilling prophecy. The ONLY surprising thing about what's happened is that it took as long as it did.

It's a shame. No one should die at 27 years old when they don't have to. It's a waste of talent and a waste of a life.
  • SCRATCHOFF
    SCRATCHOFF Members Posts: 688
    edited July 2011
    [video]http://youtu.be/4pwo5mblugs[/video]

This did this hip hop track justice!!!

I still think she made better music than half the R&B chicks out here now....
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    SCRATCHOFF wrote: »
    [video]http://youtu.be/4pwo5mblugs[/video]

This did this hip hop track justice!!!

I still think she made better music than half the R&B chicks out here now....

that ? was bad!
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    KLICHE wrote: »
    and the clock ticks as which rapper in the coming days will sample her music in a song of theirs...

can definitely see it happening.

And also RIP. Death ain't funny. So i got no mockery in me for her. Drugs is ? . and addiction is ? .

either way, all the best.

Loved Back to Black. R.I.P.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    NATALIE COLE SOUNDS LIKE A PROPHET NOW!! after Amy won several Grammys in 2008 she had this to say

I think it sends a bad message to our young people who are trying to get into this business, she said. We have to stop rewarding bad behavior.

Natalie Cole had her demons back in the day with drug use but did go to rehab and eventually kicked her habit. Amy on the other hand wrote a song about NOT going to Rehab. NO, NO, NO!! so even if people in her circle did an intervention it sounded like she was stubbornly against getting help.

and i see Natalie's point! what about you??

nataliecole180.jpg

peep my blog as i discuss the legacy of Amy Winehouse at Crazy Hot Tracks!

Oh, I didnt know that Natalie Cole went through that too.

I'm still surprised that Etta James is still alive to be honest. All the ? she's been through. I mean, Ike Turner passed. Rick James passed. Etc. But she and Whitney are stiill alive.

But i was wondering what was Amy Winehouse's reason was for not getting help. Stubborness? Did she think she could do it on her own? Or did she just flat out not care? If it was the latter reason then all I can say is that it was her choice, she must've known the risks, and she was going to accept the responsibilities whether she wanted to or not. So in that case, let her be. She lived her life the way she wanted and that's good enough for me.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Thats because it surprises people to a white person with a soulful voice who can do soul music, they see it as something extraordinary, so their label gives them a certain push. When black artists actually do real soul music, nobody really sees at anything special since black people are known for that.

so true. I don't know why I never put two and two together. That's pretty messed up though. I knew that that was the case with Elvis, Vanilla Ice, and Eminem though.
  • titu90
    titu90 Members Posts: 29
    edited July 2011
    Death isn't something to joke about, and neither is addiction. It's very sad that such a young talent was unable to face her demons. It's always sad, even if expected, to lose someone so young, and especially one with such talent! RIP Amy!
  • SCRATCHOFF
    SCRATCHOFF Members Posts: 688
    edited July 2011
    dwade206 wrote: »
    that ? was bad!

bad good or bad bad ???
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited July 2011
    Dude was a massive talent.

RIP

wow, when did this person die and how old was he? i'm sorry that i never heard of him. where's he from?
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited July 2011
    And she joins the 27 club wow what a coincidence
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited July 2011
    So sad. It's sick how many others that were so talented died at 27 also. Drugs and a hard life get you early if ye not careful.
  • Kraky
    Kraky Members Posts: 9
    edited July 2011
    im not surprised the cause of her death was an overdose. its sad though cuz she was really talented. her career was in the toilet though. this is a vid from her latest concert performance. complete ? cuz she was messed up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxcxEOy6uHI