The True history of Blacks

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I'm a little confused after watching Hidden Colors by Tariq Nasheed. A lot of the stuff he seemed to be pulling out of his ass soley to uplift himself as a black man. As a black man myself, I have no desire to embrace the false legacies of the past to validate the value of my existence. Just knowing the true history of my people satisfies me. Whether we were kings and queens or mere spear chuckers, either way its all good with me. What we did in the past isn't nearly as important as the legacy we will leave now for future generations. So for all my historians out there, can you give me a true recap of REAL black civilizations of Africa and abroad? And it has to be based facts. Proof. Physical evidence. Not this black man created this, that, and the black man is ? bs. I want the facts and nothing else.

Comments

• @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    There's a discussion of this movie on SOHH right now.

http://forums.projectcovo.com/showthread.php?t=3659751

Some of the more ridiculous ideas are debunked there, and I'm sure you can look up most of the things in it and find they're either false, exaggerated, or not really that important.

It's true that systematic racism has ruined many peoples' idea of African history, but this does not mean we should rely on famous frauds like Ben-Jochannen and uneducated wannabe pimps like Nasheed.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What brought you to the conclusion that he was being dishonest? I hope it wasn't an attitude, inline with feeling that Blacks don't have the aptitude to accomplish all that Tariq claims

of course not. But most of the doc was just talking and there was no presentation with real physical evidence. Where were the anthropologist and archaeologist? Just because I'm black doesn't mean I'm going to fall for the ? this man puts out to negate our superiority over other races. If in fact we are superior and have a richer history than what we have been led to believe, he should have backed it up with archaeological findings and scientific research.The fact that he couldn't do so is a disservice to those black people who really want to know. Don't give me no sugar coated ? like that. And yes I'm ? because if he was placed in a room with true scholars I'd not only be embarassed for him but embarassed for my people.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    http://www.globaled.org/nyworld/materials/african2.html

http://ethnicgenome.wordpress.com/2009/03/02/sicilians-have-10-sub-saharan-african-dna/

Not all Africans developed the same way, most lived off the earth in a natural way for the most part. Blacks were the first human beings on Earth and created the first human societies. Africans traveled the world before Columbus, and colonized the earth for thousands of years. Everyone on Earth has some African DNA in them. There were many African kingdoms and some had libraries where people all over the world would travel to. Here are some interesting facts on Africa.......

Historical Figures and Places

A) Tunka Manin: One of the most notable kings of Ghana, he was known for his formidable army and a splendid royal court. He ruled during the 11th century.

B) Sundiata Keita: The founder of Mali, Sundiata rose from a royal slave and magician to a leader, establishing major territories through which gold was traded. He introduced, the cultivation and weaving of cotton into the region. Sundiata unified the empire not only through commercial links but by laying the foundation for a common cultural identity. As one of Mali's greatest heroes, his life is recounted in griot storytelling tradition. The epic stories tell that he was born lame, but was cured by a miracle and later became a great hunter and warrior. Sundiata's use of supernatural powers are said to have helped him to defeat his enemies and form the empire of Mali, which means "where the king resides".

C) Mansa Musa: This king of Mali ruled from 1312 to 1337 and under his regime, the borders of Mali expanded greatly into more trade routes and wealth-producing areas. As a devout Muslim, he embarked on a pilgrimage to Mecca, the holy city of Islam. It is said that he caused quite a stir due to the enormous number of attendants and amount of gold he took on his journey. When he passed through Cairo, he gave so much gold to the residents that the price of the commodity fell and the whole economy of the city was affected.

D) Timbuktu: This Malian city first gained prominence under the reign of Mansa Musa. It became a major cultural and religious center of the world. Through Mansa Musa's patronage, vast libraries were built and Islamic universities were endowed. It served as a meeting place for the finest poets, scholars and artists of Africa and the Middle East.

E) Askia Muhammad: Renowned not only for political and military genius, this ruler of the Songhay empire from 1493 to 1528 was also praised for his piety. He was quite charitable to those in need and like Mansa Musa, made a pilgrimage to Mecca. As he commanded more territory than any other West African ruler, Muhammad developed the art of government to a high level of sophistication. He opened the ranks of government offices, establishing an organization which was a precursor to the modem concept of a professional civil service. He also modernized his army, developing better training and discipline methods.
  • tittyman
    tittyman Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm a little confused after watching Hidden Colors by Tariq Nasheed. A lot of the stuff he seemed to be pulling out of his ass soley to uplift himself as a black man. As a black man myself, I have no desire to embrace the false legacies of the past to validate the value of my existence. Just knowing the true history of my people satisfies me. Whether we were kings and queens or mere spear chuckers, either way its all good with me. What we did in the past isn't nearly as important as the legacy we will leave now for future generations. So for all my historians out there, can you give me a true recap of REAL black civilizations of Africa and abroad? And it has to be based facts. Proof. Physical evidence. Not this black man created this, that, and the black man is ? bs. I want the facts and nothing else.

I saw Hidden Colors too..And everything in the film was accurate.And everyone in the film proved their case..So what were you confused about?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

Some of the more ridiculous ideas are debunked there, and I'm sure you can look up most of the things in it and find they're either false, exaggerated, or not really that important.

It's true that systematic racism has ruined many peoples' idea of African history, but this does not mean we should rely on famous frauds like Ben-Jochannen and uneducated wannabe pimps like Nasheed.

I didn't see any debunking. I saw you posting as Killer K using the same tired phrases like "debunking" and 'fraud", with the typical posting of scholars who agree with you instead of posting the arguments for and against and maybe even those in between. That is not actual debunking. You can't just type in "Afrocentric Pseudoscience" in google and post the first thing that comes up and act like you did unbiased, actual research. It is not debunking because you said so.

I do have issues with Afrocentric scholars on some points. But much of what was in the film was accurate

Nasheed could have done a better job of underscoring his points, but obviously his film was not done for the academic but for the layperson hence the rhetorical leanings of the film. My advise to anyone who wants to see go deeper is to go to both sides of the argument and weigh it for yourself. We know those opposed have historically come from a vein of lying, racist who have had to adjust their purposely fraudulent scholarship. So tread lightly..

I
  • tittyman
    tittyman Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

This link to that site only showed some undercover white guys hating on the film..
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so mansa musa was making it rain on dem hoes back in the day?

i thought he did that in europe