2»

Comments

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    '

how was it not trash...lyrically it was weak...subject matter was ? made (really you a grown man crying over some past love?)...content wise another drake song with too much empty space...unless you are a 16 year old girl there is no way you could think marvins room was anything other than trash..it wasnt even rap the thing that drake can actually do talently wise cause ? cant sing

Cryin over a past love? ? ,da song was about ? dialin an ex or ? u used to fukk wit. Most ? can relate to dat ? . And how does da ? not have talent writin r&b when da ? done wrote for alicia keyz ,jamie foxx,made a classic r&b hook for dat aston martin track,etc
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cryin over a past love? ? ,da song was about ? dialin an ex or ? u used to fukk wit. Most ? can relate to dat ? . And how does da ? not have talent writin r&b when da ? done wrote for alicia keyz ,jamie foxx,made a classic r&b hook for dat aston martin track,etc

okay but how many of those songs drake wrote got awards were above the 15 mins of fame sucessful? Drake cannot write R&B songs properly at all and anybody who listens to R&B outside of the pop top 40 radio can see that. The song writing on a maxwell, trey songz, usher, or r kelly joint is miles ahead of what drake be doin. Hes a talented rapper and is one of the best out when he raps but his R&B is watered down and has too much filler space.
  • _Goldie_
    edited July 2011
    Options
    okay but how many of those songs drake wrote got awards were above the 15 mins of fame sucessful? Drake cannot write R&B songs properly at all and anybody who listens to R&B outside of the pop top 40 radio can see that. The song writing on a maxwell, trey songz, usher, or r kelly joint is miles ahead of what drake be doin. Hes a talented rapper and is one of the best out when he raps but his R&B is watered down and has too much filler space.

If these joints are not properly written then they dont need to be right.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited July 2011
    Options

If these joints are not properly written then they dont need to be right.

but theese tracks have not translated to drakes sucess like his purely hip hop and going to a concert of his they cannot even be brought to life on stage because he cannot sing for ? live....but when people pay hella prices to see drake or when you look at the songs that truly get the most purchases buzz for drake they are his hip hop songs. When i think of drakes maisntream crossover sucess i think Forever and over or even best i ever had while cheesy has more depth for the ladies than the ? R&B joints. Drake is a full time rapper but a STUDIO singer who other than a bunch of females or backpack fans does not eat off his R&B ? ..the rap ? is his bread and butter
  • _Goldie_
    edited July 2011
    Options
    but theese tracks have not translated to drakes sucess like his purely hip hop and going to a concert of his they cannot even be brought to life on stage because he cannot sing for ? live....but when people pay hella prices to see drake or when you look at the songs that truly get the most purchases buzz for drake they are his hip hop songs. When i think of drakes maisntream crossover sucess i think Forever and over or even best i ever had while cheesy has more depth for the ladies than the ? R&B joints. Drake is a full time rapper but a STUDIO singer who other than a bunch of females or backpack fans does not eat off his R&B ? ..the rap ? is his bread and butter

True,but at da same time he sung on all those hooks ,even the im on one track. He's good at both. I dont wanna hear an album wit him singin through da whole joint,but if he decided to make it 50 50 I wouldnt mind.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited July 2011
    Options
    True,but at da same time he sung on all those hooks ,even the im on one track. He's good at both. I dont wanna hear an album wit him singin through da whole joint,but if he decided to make it 50 50 I wouldnt mind.

drake can write hooks but his overall R&B song writing a complete song is terrible. An all singing album would not only be wack but could not even be tourable. A 50/50 album like TML is temporary success sales wise and hype wise but long wrong will not be considered a hip hop classic. But a 80% hip hop album with a few sung hooks with full effort is the foundation of what could be a classic. The difference between being jay z and ja-rule is having authentic material that is consistent with your strengths. Hov can perform hit after hit even without the features because what he raps in studio he can do fully on stage. Buy the down fall of drake tour wise and album wise will be the fact 50% of the ? he does is fabricated in studio and cannot be performed fully to its best on stage.