Why is the Holocaust the height of historical tragedies (at least in the west)

Options
13»

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'd actually have to classify the Trans-Atlantic slave trade as a bit higher up that ladder than the Holocaust. Also the genocide in The congo by King Leopold in the 1800's. Then the Holocaust.
  • Mr.Burns
    Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
    edited July 2011
    Options

I like watching Ahmadinejad in interviews, he's got Williams looking all confused and lost.

Wow, he flipped the script on him. It's funny how Brian Williams tries to turn the conversation back into pro-Israeli propaganda by asking about "should Israel be destroyed" but Ahmadinajad reverses it into "Shouldn't the Palestinians have the right to their homes, property and way of life?".
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mr.Burns wrote: »
    Wow, he flipped the script on him. It's funny how Brian Williams tries to turn the conversation back into pro-Israeli propaganda by asking about "should Israel be destroyed" but Ahmadinajad reverses it into "Shouldn't the Palestinians have the right to their homes, property and way of life?".
    America is pretty bad for manipulating interviews and provoking their guests.
  • Friend or Foe II
    Friend or Foe II Members Posts: 23
    edited July 2011
    Options
    theres nothin unique about the holocaust. those who argue that it is unique are basically arguing that this isn't something that capitalism does again and again. I think the lesson we should draw from ? like the holocaust or amernian genocide is that these acts of unspeakable barbarism are a natural product of imperialist capitalism and that the only way to stop them is by overthrowing it.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    its clear what i mean.
    if i thought it was entirely clear, i wouldn't have asked. all the big things that have been mentioned haven't gotten NO attention, and i wouldn't say they're gotten SCANT attention: they've just gotten less, or are spoken about as lesser events.