2»

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »

@BA something you just came up with?

Kinda, I've been thinkn that for a bit now, especially if you look at mental age vs biological age. Sometimes 10 ys of actual life can feel like you gained 100 yrs of wisdom
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    The world won't show you this? That looks like a news clipping posted on the Internet.

I'm just Saying.

Exactly.

They do show these things but there's reasons it isn't BIG news sometimes. The bone doesn't even match up with the pic drawing behind it, could mean it's something else?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    The world won't show you this? That looks like a news clipping posted on the Internet.

I'm just Saying.

You missed the whole point as usual. The world is the system in which we live in. A system which pushes lies as truths consistently. You will not hear or learn about a topic such as this in schools or in the main stream media.

Rather the world will teach you about sodomite history when your 5 years old, push evolution as a fact, and remove anything that has to do with ? from all public spaces. This is the world in which we live in.

Only those who dig for truth will find the wisdom that ? has laid out for all the world to see. But sadly, many people take everything at surface value just to go along with the crowd. It's pretty disgusting and weak minded if you ask me. People have no spine nowadays. All they do is bend-over and take it in the butt like a chump. Nothing but a bunch of pansies out here.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    simple question.

why or how did people in the early bible live so long. Knowaday we only live to about 70-80 years old and the lucky one live to like 90-100.
    but reading certain parts of the bible people live for hundred(S) of years. now unlike my last question in church...i decided to ask someone away from the croup this question...and i was told basically that back then they lived different and the sun and things was different.

it didnt make sense and as i pressed the person for clarity...i was told the continuing to read the bible will answer my questions.

well im not that far yet and need some help understanding...

please explain

Simple answer… Ancient texts and the bible are notorious for problems with translation and interpretation. Many ancient texts that pre-date the bible, such as the Sumerian kings list also record humans living for hundreds, even thousands of years. I agree with BA’s theory of 10 = 100 or something similar. For example, ancient mistranslations that converted the word "month" to "year", mistaking lunar cycles for solar ones: would turn an age of 969 "years" into a more reasonable 969 lunar months, or 78½ years of the Metonic cycle. We aren’t able to understand exactly what was associated with a person’s age in ancient times but it is safe to assume that no human could ever live much past 100 without some type of divine intervention. There is no physical evidence of any human living past 130 or possessing the ability to do so. So I think that the reasons for the lengthy lifespans come from mistranslations or something in the ancient spiritual realm regarding recorded lifespans which we can’t explain.
    As far as giants go… they are walking the earth right now… just not the ones you see in Harry Potter.