The way the eagles are shunning desean how long is it before he demands to be traded?

2»

Comments

• JUXcaptainHOOK
    JUXcaptainHOOK Members Posts: 406
    edited July 2011
    shenco wrote: »
    Really? The IC and Michael Irvin need to get off of Desean Jackson's ?

yeah really... if u think differently u must be a Michael Vick stan who thinks he can carry this team by himself... Desean is clearly the fastest player in the league along with Chris Johnson... u can't replace that kinda speed and skill Desean has....
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    yeah really... if u think differently u must be a Michael Vick stan who thinks he can carry this team by himself... Desean is clearly the fastest player in the league along with Chris Johnson... u can't replace that kinda speed and skill Desean has....

I'm not a vick stan but I know damn well that even without Desean this offense can still ball out. Y'all ? is crazy
  • ShencotheMC
    edited July 2011
    Btw shoutout to us having bonus cap from last year
  • ShencotheMC
    edited July 2011
    Cap casualties...
    Bunkley trade frees up about $700,000.
    Hanson release/trade saves up $870,000.
    Parker release saves $3,500,000.
    Patterson release saves $1,790,000.

That’s $5,000,000 freed up for 2011.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    lolol ? in here acting like its a known fact that the Eagles are gonna pay him big money......actin like Vincent Jackson and Logan Mankins didn't just sit out more than half season, or like Chris Johnson didnt have his contract restructured last season before he went to camp (still didnt give him enough which is why he's also holding out.)

They're gonna need to cut Asante Samuel unless hes gonna be willing to restructure his deal.....If they wait too long or if he feels like they're not tryna pay him enough he can definitely demand a trade and I hope that happens lol
    The chargers are known for not paying guys tho
    Well im a say this... if the Eagles dont have Desean they not ? .. with Vick AND nnamdi .. without Desean their offense is NOTHING
    You're ? . Dude isnt even the #1 option on offense. He's the biggest playmaker overall tho
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Desean isn't the number one option on offense?

*scratches head
    *umm...Lesean, nah. Maclin, nah. Celek, nah. Avant, lol.

? it. Im lost. Who is????
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Rey ? wrote: »

*scratches head

vick............
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited July 2011

*scratches head

maclin had 70 catches and 10 TDs. Jackson had 47 recs and 6TDs
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    That doesn't mean anything. Wes Welker averaged 110+ receptions per year while Moss hovered around 95. No one would say Welker was the number one option over Randy. What this means is, while Desean is running a fly route 90% of the game, Maclin is hovering around the middle of the field for the easy dump, which is made possible in the first place because Desean is stretching the field..

This is supported by stats. Desean averages 22.5 per catch. Maclin averages 12.5 yards per catch. Desean had 1,059 yards in 14 games. Maclin had 960 yards in 16 games.

Maclin basically gets 4-6 catches per game for those little 5-10 yards. Vick waits for Desean to smash open the field for a 60 yard play. Its Desean keeping the defense at bay, not Maclin.
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    And Desean had 8 touchdowns (including the punt return, rushing TD)
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited July 2011
    That doesn't mean anything. Wes Welker averaged 110+ receptions per year while Moss hovered around 95. No one would say Welker was the number one option over Randy. What this means is, while Desean is running a fly route 90% of the game, Maclin is hovering around the middle of the field for the easy dump, which is made possible in the first place because Desean is stretching the field..

This is supported by stats. Desean averages 22.5 per catch. Maclin averages 12.5 yards per catch. Desean had 1,059 yards in 14 games. Maclin had 960 yards in 16 games.

Maclin basically gets 4-6 catches per game for those little 5-10 yards. Vick waits for Desean to smash open the field for a 60 yard play. Its Desean keeping the defense at bay, not Maclin.
    u just agreed with my original statement. He's not the #1 option but he's the biggest playmaker. He made big plays but he's not the hot route receiver. Maclin is. Maclin had more touchdowns receiving than desean did total. 47 receptions is not a reflection of a #1 receiver
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    u just agreed with my original statement. He's not the #1 option but he's the biggest playmaker. He made big plays but he's not the hot route receiver. Maclin is. Maclin had more touchdowns receiving than desean did total. 47 receptions is not a reflection of a #1 receiver

Im just saying, its weird to me to call a dude the #1 receiver when all of his catches are attributed to his teammate stretching the field for him...

Maclin's big games:
    7 159 22.7
    6 95 15.8
    9 120 13.3

Desean's big games:
    4 210 52.5
    4 135 33.8
    5 153 30.6

You see the difference. One dude gets his off of small dumps and the other gets his off of long gains. Basically, Maclin's style of play needs Desean more than Desean's style of play needs Maclin, which is why its funny to me to call Maclin the number #1. Its like calling Ed McCaffrey the number #1 receiver over Rod Smith.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I'm not a Desean Jackson believer just yet. Let's see what he does this year.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited July 2011
    Im just saying, its weird to me to call a dude the #1 receiver when all of his catches are attributed to his teammate stretching the field for him...

Maclin's big games:
    7 159 22.7
    6 95 15.8
    9 120 13.3

Desean's big games:
    4 210 52.5
    4 135 33.8
    5 153 30.6

You see the difference. One dude gets his off of small dumps and the other gets his off of long gains. Basically, Maclin's style of play needs Desean more than Desean's style of play needs Maclin, which is why its funny to me to call Maclin the number #1. Its like calling Ed McCaffrey the number #1 receiver over Rod Smith.
    Having big play capability isnt what makes you a #1 target. It makes you a playmaker. Maclin is targeted more than Jackson. Possession receivers are #1 target but not #1 in playmaking ability. You're not understanding the difference. Plus maclin had 10 touchdowns. More than what Jackson had as a receiver, rusher, and kick returner.
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Having big play capability isnt what makes you a #1 target. It makes you a playmaker. Maclin is targeted more than Jackson. Possession receivers are #1 target but not #1 in playmaking ability. You're not understanding the difference. Plus maclin had 10 touchdowns. More than what Jackson had as a receiver, rusher, and kick returner.

I get what you saying. You just not getting the fact that having a wideout on the opposite side of you who can break a 89 yard catch every play will have safeties playing 20 yards back leaving you on man to man coverage in the middle of the field half of the game.

Jason Avant (51 rec) and Brent Celek (42 rec.) had almost as many receptions as Desean Jackson (47 rec.)....does that mean they're all higher targets than Desean out of pure talent or does it mean that Desean is opening the middle of the field for the rest of the offense????
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    You're right technically, the wording just makes it sound like DJax is some ? ass ? and Maclin is Terrell Owens lol...
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I'm gonna say it again ? , DeSean,bring yo talents to Detroit ? ...................
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    shenco wrote: »
    Really? The IC and Michael Irvin need to get off of Desean Jackson's ?

I'm not on the "desean is elite" bandwagon, but c'mon fam you can't deny how much impact he has just by stepping on the field. The field would be a lot smaller without him.....
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Truth be told the ? got the Eagles as far as they got, almost single handedly...He had like 1/3rd of Vicks yards and he's probably the only WR Ive seen consistently able to run underneath a Vick deep ball without being over thrown...I dont think Vick has the ability to be a ? and dunk QB, nor will he be as effective running if the safety isnt 20 yards downfield....Vick needs Jackson more than Jackson needs Vick AND it would make NO sense for the Eagles to sign someone half as effective as Jackson (Floyd or Edwards) for more money...
  • ShencotheMC
    edited July 2011
    I'm not on the "desean is elite" bandwagon, but c'mon fam you can't deny how much impact he has just by stepping on the field. The field would be a lot smaller without him.....

So do you agree with the people saying without him we won't do anything? Because that is simply ?
  • ShencotheMC
    edited July 2011
    Desean Jackson will report to camp. Told you dumb ? it was nothing to worry about. He'll get his deal at the end of the season
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    young chad wrote: »
    ? 's should just go in, ball out, and leave...this new CBA is NOT player friendly on the backend lol....I guess him and Chris Johnson didn't read over the fine print...so not only will he be paying the Eagles for his hold out, he wont even be a free agent next year if he doesnt report to camp in 12 days...

36.gif

why not just play it out and then get extra next year ... even if its not with the eagles. if the eagles can win it this year ... he'll really get paid. smh if this ? up the eagles season before it even starts LOL
  • ShencotheMC
    edited July 2011