Amy Whinehouse albums sales are surging

imoneverything
imoneverything Members Posts: 23
edited July 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
because of her death. Does that make her the greatest singer of all time like when 2pac died and everyone says he was the goat rapper? In other words, will people over exaggerate her talents and kindness just
because of her death?

Comments

• hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    this happens after somebody famous in music dies. People feel the need to get their music. But to stay on the topic, people thought Amy Whinehouse was talented before she died....just couldn't kick them drugs........Also BEFORE Pac died rappers and fans thought he was one of the best. He was doin multi-rapper before his death so he wasn't exaggerated.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    My guess people won't even give mz whinehouse too much thought in the next couple months. Speaking for my self her death its the first news I've heard about her for a year or so.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    you dont grow out, until you the reason a muthafucka gotta po out
    his 40 on the curb, disturbed and left wit no doubt -BUN
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited July 2011
    2pac was definetly not that big until he died

i think amy winehouse was still big before she died, shortly after she won the 5 grammy's they did a true hollywood story on her so quick, i could tell she was going to be very big and she was well thought of in the music industry
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    because of her death. Does that make her the greatest singer of all time like when 2pac died and everyone says he was the goat rapper? In other words, will people over exaggerate her talents and kindness just
    because of her death?

Good Lord, I sure hope not.

Not to say that the woman wasn't talented, but her music was positively mediocre. I think it's just hype and media fascination because of her death, and the circumstances surrounding it. It'll die down in the US, but I can see them trying to make a legend out of her in the UK. That's how it is over there. Once you get famous in Britain, it's very hard to get UN-FAMOUS.

I'm sure at some point, we're going to see a biopic, but I don't really think she'll end up being elevated to the same status as Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Kurt Cobain. To do that just because she died at 27, is pretty stupid.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    "It is what it is/
    In this biz, you live when you die/
    That's when ya record sales sky high"

- Joell Ortiz, 125 Grams

He ain't lying.