Like on some serious talk why do cats play Nas like he isn't nicer than everybody ?

Comments

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    juelz21 wrote: »
    since u want to ? on elzhi im about to post verse
    that is gonna shut this thread down
    from elzhi

Now let me show you how I blaze it
    Leave ? in amazement on ways spit
    ? trickier than a maze get
    Everything I drop raw cut you like a chop saw
    You should stop, like when a cop draw before he drop y'all
    You get your fort crushed actin out of sorts
    You don't support us? You must snort dust ridin' the short bus
    Cause I'm an animal, scratch that I'm the manual
    Pull out, swinging the metal like mechanical
    Movement, soon as the groove hits I prove that you need improvements
    Since I'm so smooth with whatever I maneuve' with
    And I ain't braggin' player you get your spot got
    What I jot is hotter than the dragon slayer
    It's only right you should show me light
    Because the flow be tight, I wouldn't slip on a snowy night
    I vex, now who should I bomb next?
    New schooler or an old timer like a timex
    Simple minded with a complex
    My clear disrupt the cameras
    I keep promoters scratchin' their name out and tearin' up they banners
    When I write cigars flare again
    The bars buried in the song is bout as strong as barbarians
    Far scarier than the Omen
    Chicks give me dome in my home while I'm sittin' spittin' poems watchin'
    Conan
    This for my real heads and paragraph addicts
    I ? the air time impairin' the asthmatic
    It's like that you know it's like that
    I'm who you internet haters want to strike at
    Don't make me show up to your porch with a spiked bat
    And leave your front and rear tires on your bike flat
    Defeat and ? , delete your skill you think you sweet until
    I cut you off and leave you in the cold like you haven't paid your heating bill
    ? your squad and your street appeal
    Eat a deal's nit click fleet until my kicks is in your leader's grill
    For real

if u think there is a verse nas got out right in 2011
    that could ? with this ? your
    on ? .

sad thing is that this is really fun for you ... youre actually enjoying this LOL
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited July 2011
    its not hate its some ones opinion, its just nas stans cant handle any one talking about him sorta like pac stans.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    onepunch wrote: »
    lol...have these two cats even dropped ONE great album?.....jay electronica...come son....cats rap name sound like a used electronic store....he cool but not really...and Lupe?....didn't he just drop LOSERS/LASERS...wtf

I'm not really gonna humor you if your critique of Jay Electronica is his rap name. Like thats anymore ridiculous than any other rap name.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Cosign this thread. Nas is by far the best rapper out now and imo he's the GOAT.
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited July 2011
    I'm not really gonna humor you if your critique of Jay Electronica is his rap name. Like thats anymore ridiculous than any other rap name.

whats ridiculous is you claiming that loser lupe and electronic store jay need one great album to be mentioned with the greats of HIP HOP who put in years of work with memorable and classic material...that all
  • Str8Skippin
    Str8Skippin Members Posts: 136
    edited July 2011
    Cosign. He's the GOAT in my opinion and can still rap circles around almost every other rapper when he's on his game.
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    ? who like Nas, somehow believe his content could create the next testament of the bible.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Common
    Pharoahe Monch
    Black Thought
    Talib
    Mos

All better than Nas right now in 2011 unless I hear something earth changing from the Life is Good Album. Nasty was a dope record. Lets not act like it isnt a weaker version of Made You Look tho.

Lupe & Jay Electronica are 1 great album away from catching up with the list above.

Rap is a competition and it isn't dead. Theres no #1 spot reserved for Nas for life.

Lol @ Common, his last album was UMC, which was terrible by his standards. I'm a big fan of Common, but no. Ghetto Dreams was dope but Nas > Common on that song.

Pharoahe Monch last album was that We Are Renegades ? . Album was dope, but if anything he lost a step or two. His bars weren't as sharp as they usually are aka he can't ? with Nas on any level.

Black Thought last ? was How I Got Over. Album was near classic, and he had the arguable verse of the year with Dear ? 2.0, but besides that song, Again, and The Fire nothing really matched up with Distant Relatives Nas or the new ? he's released.

Talib is wack in comparison to everyone you named, and can't even ride a beat.

Mos Def new ? was Ecstatic. That whole album was fire imo. This is the only rapper that's arguably ? with Nas in 2011. Only thing is Nas puts 100% of his effort into his music, Mos drops new ? every few years or so (if that). He also seems to be overly concerned with acting (he got that new acting role with Dexter). I would give it to Nas by default because he has more material and he'll continue to drop new music aka music is his number 1 priority.

Lupe fell way off. L.A.S.E.R.S was beyond trash.

Jay Electronica is a Nas protege. Nuff said.
  • ustreet_monsta
    edited July 2011
    onepunch wrote: »
    whats ridiculous is you claiming that loser lupe and electronic store jay need one great album to be mentioned with the greats of HIP HOP who put in years of work with memorable and classic material...that all

They can't pass Nas as one of the greatest off 1 album, but they can certainly be "nicer" on the mic.

I'd rather hear a new Jay Electronica or Lupe verse than a new Nas verse. Doesnt take away from his legacy just means they're fresher and hungrier.
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited July 2011
    They can't pass Nas as one of the greatest off 1 album, but they can certainly be "nicer" on the mic.

I'd rather hear a new Jay Electronica or Lupe verse than a new Nas verse. Doesnt take away from his legacy just means they're fresher and hungrier.

good point....
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011

The only cats nicer than Nas right now i would say are Kendrick Lamar, Monch and maybe at a stretch Lupe. The rest on that list are not worthy of the plaudits Jay Electronica still needs to drop an album his work-rate is abysmal and i can't be going back to verses he spat in 08 if the argument is who is nicer right now?. Also i feel that Black Thought is on around the same level as Nas but certainly hasn't surpassed him.
  • ustreet_monsta
    edited July 2011
    Lol @ Common, his last album was UMC, which was terrible by his standards. I'm a big fan of Common, but no. Ghetto Dreams was dope but Nas > Common on that song.

Pharoahe Monch last album was that We Are Renegades ? . Album was dope, but if anything he lost a step or two. His bars weren't as sharp as they usually are aka he can't ? with Nas on any level.

Black Thought last ? was How I Got Over. Album was near classic, and he had the arguable verse of the year with Dear ? 2.0, but besides that song nothing really matched up with Distant Relatives Nas or the new ? he's released.

Talib is wack in comparison to everyone you named, and can't even ride a beat.

Mos Def new ? was Ecstatic. That whole album was fire imo. This is the only arguable rapper that's ? with Nas in 2011. Only thing is Nas puts 100% of his effort into his music, Mos drops new ? every few years or so (if that). He also seems to be overly concerned with acting (he got that new acting role with Dexter). I would give it to Nas by default because he has more material and he'll continue to drop new music aka music is his number 1 priority.

Lupe fell way off. Lasers was beyond trash.

Jay Electronica is a Nas protege. Nuff said.

Common = Nas on Ghetto Dreams

Monch has never spit a wack verse and always brings a crazy flow with him. Monch flow >> Nas

Black Thought ripped the Money Making Jam Boyz tape. Catch up.

To each his own about Talib. Personally, I think he's nice with it.

Mos comes off as good or better than Nas with minimal effort check him out on the Jay Electronica collabo Holiday. His only flaw is consistency.

Lupe didnt fall off lyrically. He had one album with wack production. I can't exclude him from the conversation as long as he's making music like this:
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    eminem
    common sense
    kool g rap
    elzhi

are all better then nas as of right now imo

All them ? suck in 2011 and Common is the only that can mess with Nas other years. Bad list, you lost your Hip Hop license.
    Common = Nas on Ghetto Dreams

Monch has never spit a wack verse and always brings a crazy flow with him. Monch flow >> Nas

Black Thought ripped the Money Making Jam Boyz tape. Catch up.

To each his own about Talib. Personally, I think he's nice with it.

Mos comes off as good or better than Nas with minimal effort check him out on the Jay Electronica collabo Holiday. His only flaw is consistency.

Lupe didnt fall off lyrically. He had one album with wack production. I can't exclude him from the conversation as long as he's making music like this:

LOL at Pharoah Monch being better than Nas when he got bodied by Royce on Assassins, lol at Black Thought even at his best EVER ? with Nas at any time, it's not even close. Mos isn't near Nas in 2011 either maybe prime to prime, but he still loses. Lupe is nowhere near him.

That song posted is wack for even Lupe and sucks horribly for Nas. Lupe fell of lyrically, flow wise, production wise, concept wise, etc. with Lasers that ? was ass as hell. No one's ? with Nas ever and not now.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    nas rhyme scheme is no
    wear near elzhi ?

nas barley raps multi's
    now he don't put internal rhymes in
    schemes anymore he just fell off.

Elzhi..as dope as he is dude's still a Nas disciple when it comes to the rhyming in terms of multis, internal rhymes, why you think Elzhi made his own version of Illmatic?...and I guess you haven't heard of the song "Nasty" where Nas uses those elements you mentioned flawlessly..so basically what I'm saying to you in this post is:
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    All them ? suck in 2011 and Common is the only that can mess with Nas other years. Bad list, you lost your Hip Hop license.

LOL at Pharoah Monch being better than Nas when he got bodied by Royce on Assassins, lol at Black Thought even at his best EVER ? with Nas at any time, it's not even close. Mos isn't near Nas in 2011 either maybe prime to prime, but he still loses. Lupe is nowhere near him.

That song posted is wack for even Lupe and sucks horribly for Nas. Lupe fell of lyrically, flow wise, production wise, concept wise, etc. with Lasers that ? was ass as hell. No one's ? with Nas ever and not now.

Nah them rappers he mentioned are near Nas,
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Elzhi..as dope as he is dude's still a Nas disciple when it comes to the rhyming in terms of multis, internal rhymes, why you think Elzhi made his own version of Illmatic?...and I guess you haven't heard of the song "Nasty" where Nas uses those elements you mentioned flawlessly..so basically what I'm saying to you in this post is:

breh shut the ? up
    in this day and age
    elzhi is more complex lyrically
    ive heard nasty and elzhi lyrics are better on paper
    so with that said eat a ?
  • juelz21
    edited July 2011
    DarkRaiden wrote: »

man the fact u trying to ? on eminem lyrics
    proves u know nothing about this hip hop ? .
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited July 2011
    breh shut the ? up
    in this day and age

Your trolling is irrelevant and that post makes no common sense. You are mad and upset at the truth and that proves I don't have to answer to your posts anymore.

So with that said eat a ? .
  • juelz21
    edited July 2011
    Your trolling is irrelevant and that post makes no common sense. You are mad and upset at the truth and that proves I don't have to answer to your posts anymore.

So with that said eat a ? .

u just saying im a troll
    because u no have basis for why u think
    nas is better so u
    say a bunch of ? that do not
    make any sense your just
    embrassing yourself
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    breh shut the ? up
    in this day and age

why do u defend eminems techniqued by the book rhyming style that interprets no substance ?

nas has high skill technique wordplay and flow while always including a grand dose of substance .....

its not hard to sound nice ? while rhyming about random ? like ? a dog killing your wife and telling your mother to suck a ? .... his substance is preschool and his technique is by the book ....
  • juelz21
    edited July 2011
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    why do u defend eminems techniqued by the book rhyming style that interprets no substance ?

nas has high skill technique wordplay and flow while always including a grand dose of substance .....

its not hard to sound nice ? while rhyming about random ? like ? a dog killing your wife and telling your mother to suck a ? .... his substance is preschool and his technique is by the book ....

eminem made cleaining out
    my closet what the ?
    are u talking about.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited July 2011
    BoYBe$T wrote: »

Don't do it BoYBe$T, he's only trying to bait you in a pointless debate because that's how trolls like him do. He's been on this site for sometime now with the same ? ' tactic about rhyme schemes and ? and he's not worthy of a response.

So with that said he needs to:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    eminem made cleaining out
    my closet what the ?
    are u talking about.

u know what the ? i'm talking about because if u didnt your smart mouthed ass wouldn't of replied ....

now why does 95% of eminems material consist of subject matter that could be targeted towards rejects, emotionally conflicted humans and isolated timebombs ?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Nas is top 5 doa and could have an argument for the goat.....with that being said I think Jay-z is better and killed him on success and black Republicans. Nas wrecked analyze this harder though
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    elzhi is aight, but he wont have success. Lyrically, Nas is the most talented, as long as he is breathing, he is the best rapper alive.

Lol @ common being in the same breath as Nas

Kool G Rap, Rakim, Kane, and Lupe in a few years are the only ones who can take Nas' Crown