Why do artists want major label power an money with independent freedom?

Options
Idi Amin Dada
Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Reason
I don't get it mane. They sign to a multi-billion dollar major who's in it for the business, and have nooooo problem with the marketing dollars, and the money that goes into pushing them, and the advance, and the connections. But then they ? and moan when they're told how they need to sound. Or if their ? stops selling and they're not longer a priority. It's like going outside in a rain storm and ? about getting wet.

Comments

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They don't know how to play the game.

Yeah..play the game and get financially ? and creatively ? by those who don't care about OUR CULTURE...that a nice way to play.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Why do multi billion dollar labels take genuine genius craft and turn it into spam on wax ?
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There's a perception that goes along with being on a major label. Like I could be signed to an independent label and be making way more money than an artist on a major, but I'd be perceived as an underground unknown ass ?
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    There's a perception that goes along with being on a major label. Like I could be signed to an independent label and be making way more money than an artist on a major, but I'd be perceived as an underground unknown ass ?

? , you think Immortal Technique eatin' like even a new ? like Big Sean? Get outta here bruh.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? , you think Immortal Technique eatin' like even a new ? like Big Sean? Get outta here bruh.

In the age of 360 deals it's a damn good possibility that he could be. Indie cats get more money per album, per show, etc. While artists on a major label pretty much gotta cut a good percentage of their money to the label for everything. But like I said it's not guaranteed that they are making more money, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are. These majors are ? artists out here. That's just one of the reasons the industry is turning into an indie driven industry