What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Another Reason Big K.R.I.T. > J. Cole

13»

Replies

• DakariDakari Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Fixed for ya

keywords are "up" and "down"
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Okay Krit is better to me overall rapping and producing. Cole has too many corny punchlines
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    we can all agree on this though:

On the mic/Lyrically=J.Cole>>>>>>>Big Krit

Production wise/ as a Producer=Big Krit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>J.Cole

I listen to both daily

I can agree but the more and more i listen it's like really about preference then saying cole is clearly better on the mic. To me it's like a jay vs scarface thing The guy who likes multis and metaphors and more technical aspect of rhyming would like jay. While the more story telling emotional heart felt lyrical content lovers would prefer Face. Not saying either is jay or face but that's the best examples i could think of.

it's like i would expect cole to say something clever and slick on the mic but i would expect krit to say some shit that I can say just happened to me a few months back. like j cole doesn't have a song the vent or hometown hero that just hits home for me
    edited August 2011

fire flamesssssss
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Dakari wrote: »
    keywords are "up" and "down"

but to say j.cole don't get play is ignorant. I'm sure krit gets more love in the south than cole and vice versa where im at. I never heard of krit outside of the IC and u would prob say the same about cole. it's all about location.
    Fav Rappers No order:

Schoolboy Q
    Joey Bada$$
    J. Cole
    Ab-Soul
    Lupe Fiasco
    Kendrick Lamar
    Chance The Rapper
    Big K.R.I.T.
    edited August 2011
    Aint Krit got a video on 106 & Park?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Aint Krit got a video on 106 & Park?

dont watch BET but i am sure its the country shit remix if anything which shows you how shitty R4 is and how much better krit was here was....but like someone lese said outside the IC Krit aint got that many people that know about him. On the other hand on college campuses where i go to and have visited everybody knows about cole.
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
    edited August 2011
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Krit got 2 fire mixtape/albums out

okay but tell me why krit was here youtube videos and downloads got more than R4....look at how many people download Krit mixtapes on dat piff and look at how many fuck with the cole ones. Cole has had 3 quality mixtapes 1 (FNL) that could have been an album. Krit only had one sucessful buz generating mixtape which was krit wuz here (got him on the XXL freshman list. But leave local southern underground circuts and R4 aint shit and the most sucessful hit off the R4 is a remix of a krit was here song. R4 aint got no buzz outside of message boards few good tracks but lackluster overall.
  • kayCekayCe Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    They both kinda suck... weak punchlines, simple lyrics, no substance...
  • CJCJ Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    kayCe wrote: »
    They both kinda suck... weak punchlines, simple lyrics, no substance...

Da fuck u listening to?
  • DayDay34DayDay34 Posts: 1,771
    edited August 2011
    big krit got this. he a real nigga. that soulful shit. j.cole ain't convinceble. nigga raps like he's unsure of himself. redundant as hell too.
    edited August 2011
    DayDay34 wrote: »
    big krit got this. he a real nigga. that soulful shit. j.cole ain't convinceble. nigga raps like he's unsure of himself. redundant as hell too.

you still putting your avitar on the line for coles first week sales compaired to big sean or you still gunna pussy out? cause its pretty much garunteed he wont get sean numbers but you keep avoiding the bet.
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Krit been better, where you been?
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
    edited August 2011
    DayDay34 wrote: »

im suprised you knew this word. and stop runnin away from the bet nigga.
    Fav Rappers No order:

Schoolboy Q
    Joey Bada$$
    J. Cole
    Ab-Soul
    Lupe Fiasco
    Kendrick Lamar
    Chance The Rapper
    Big K.R.I.T.
    edited August 2011
    im suprised you knew this word. and stop runnin away from the bet nigga.

Day day what ya heart beatin fo?
    edited August 2011
    but to say j.cole don't get play is ignorant. I'm sure krit gets more love in the south than cole and vice versa where im at. I never heard of krit outside of the IC and u would prob say the same about cole. it's all about location.

J Cole getting play up North does him no justice.
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
    edited August 2011
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    J Cole getting play up North does him no justice.

and krit gettin play in the south does? FOH
    Fav Rappers No order:

Schoolboy Q
    Joey Bada$$
    J. Cole
    Ab-Soul
    Lupe Fiasco
    Kendrick Lamar
    Chance The Rapper
    Big K.R.I.T.
    edited August 2011
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Day day what ya heart beatin fo?

i had to play dis video again. This brings me back to my freshmen year of HS.
    Fav Rappers No order:

Schoolboy Q
    Joey Bada$$
    J. Cole
    Ab-Soul
    Lupe Fiasco
    Kendrick Lamar
    Chance The Rapper
    Big K.R.I.T.
    edited August 2011
    i had to play dis video again. This brings me back to my freshmen year of HS.

word i think i was a freshman when this shit came out cant remember it was def high school though used to get pumped as fuck before playing sports
    edited August 2011
    and krit gettin play in the south does? FOH

So you think J Cole can just pass up his own Hometown and Region and expect to make it? You FOH. Of course Krit getting play in the South does him justice cause he's from the South. You need to tap into home before you go anywhere else.
    edited August 2011
    that nigga day day is hiding like bin laden though his green light still on lol hopefully he find his manhood soon and makes takes the bet
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    i don't hear either of them ever on the radio
  • malcmalc Posts: 111
    edited August 2011
    Cole rapping > Krit rapping

Krit production > Cole production
    edited August 2011
    malc wrote: »
    Krit rapping >>>>> Cole rapping

Krit production >>>>>> Cole production

edited August 2011
    malc wrote: »
    Cole rapping > Krit rapping

Krit production > Cole production

Just what i said earlier in the thread.
    Fav Rappers No order:

Schoolboy Q
    Joey Bada$$
    J. Cole
    Ab-Soul
    Lupe Fiasco