Friends?

Options
ThatA
ThatA Members Posts: 566
edited August 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Aight, the IC is probably like the place where people are the most striaght up with you. So this summer was the summer I got outta high school and ? right? I thought this would be the summer where I get to kick it with friends before we all did or own thang right? Well, these dudes cut most ties with me after school ended. Word is that they thought I was hangin out with other people and ? (these dudes acting like girlfriends or some ? ). Out of all these dudes, I was probably the realest 'cause these ? would talk ? about each other like crazy. If I had something to say, I'd say it. I ain't crying bout I'm just venting a bit. Did y'alls high school friends just up and leave you?

So my question is, where do you find your REAL friends at? I keep hearing college, but that ? sound played out.

Comments

• Go figure...
    Go figure... Members Posts: 1,471 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    most my circle is from high school, then i got friends from the neighborhood i grew up in....dont see em much tho....n from work n college, just acquaintances.

but the older i get the smaller my circle gets. a lot from dumb bs and a lot from everybody tryna do their own thing n losin touch.

if u got anybody u can go chill with that likes to go out, hang out with em a little n mingle with other ppl.

otherwise, make sum friends when u get to college or start workin.or just holler at females all day
  • ThatA
    ThatA Members Posts: 566
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I been keeping that "keep your circle small" ? to heart. These dudes want nothing but your downfall. And I needa start hollering at these broads more man. Who needs friends when you got ? , right?
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thats life breh. I graduated HS in 08, only still tight two of my ? . Some people grow apart, some goin turn on you, etc
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Welcome to the rest of your life.

The people I was close to in high school I don't even talk to anymore. Most of the people I'm friends with now I met outside of school, or when I started college..

Maybe you should get in touch with some homies outside of that circle that you used to talk to, if not, you're bound to make some friends in college anyway.
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ThatA wrote: »
    Aight, the IC is probably like the place where people are the most striaght up with you. So this summer was the summer I got outta high school and ? right? I thought this would be the summer where I get to kick it with friends before we all did or own thang right? Well, these dudes cut most ties with me after school ended. Word is that they thought I was hangin out with other people and ? (these dudes acting like girlfriends or some ? ). Out of all these dudes, I was probably the realest 'cause these ? would talk ? about each other like crazy. If I had something to say, I'd say it. I ain't crying bout I'm just venting a bit. Did y'alls high school friends just up and leave you?

So my question is, where do you find your REAL friends at? I keep hearing college, but that ? sound played out.

when some real life ? go down and they still there. thats when you know who down for you. As long as things are going good/ great you cant really tell because everybody loves a winner. but once you start taking L's in life people disappear.

Think of it like this metaphorically: When a sports team is winning the stadium is packed to the gills. As soon as that team falls off and starts losing and going through its rebuilding stage, attendance plummets, but you will always see people that are there to support they team no matter what. Those are the kind of people you want on your team.
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Im in the same situation as you, I just graduated in june...

Only difference is that I still chill with my HS ? everyday, those my real friends for life.

Leaving for college in 6 days is gonna be bitter-sweet...
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Just2C wrote: »
    when some real life ? go down and they still there. thats when you know who down for you. As long as things are going good/ great you cant really tell because everybody loves a winner. but once you start taking L's in life people disappear.

Think of it like this metaphorically: When a sports team is winning the stadium is packed to the gills. As soon as that team falls off and starts losing and going through its rebuilding stage, attendance plummets, but you will always see people that are there to support they team no matter what. Those are the kind of people you want on your team.

Ima have to steal this
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Out of the 4 ? in HS who were my crew, only one is still around. Granted he was my best friends in High School and roommate in college dorms for 3 years (and I honestly believe he's going to be my best friend for life) so I don't think that kind of bond was going to go away easy. But the rest of 'em pretty much said "? Knives" after HS and to this day, I can say id only really still chill with one of 'em.

The ? I roll with now are mostly from HS funnily enough (i ? away my "big college" years). And they were the ones whose interests and goals aligned with mine. Frankly, Im a better person due to their influence. I was a social hermit at college and the ? there seemed fake and kind of ignorant (not to mention theres high potential for high school level theatrics at college and I wanted no part of that ? ) so really I can't say college is for sure where you'll find new friends. Really the real ones will just kind of show up, just like the ones before.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    college and jobs bro

i only talk to one cat from highschool outta all the friends i once had
  • NatTurner1972
    NatTurner1972 Members Posts: 239
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm class of 90 so take it from me friends come and go my 5 close friends come from all eras two are friends since 5 yrs old one since 17 yrs old the other two from 21 yrs old when we met in the military. I'll refer you to two movies that sum up friends google these two movies Cooley High and Stand by me these movies do a good job of showing that friends come and go in life Peace ? !!

Attachment not found.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Readin this made me upset that this is gonna happen to me next year aswell.
    the circle ain't big, but it's nothin but people I've ? with since elementary school.
    Gonna be hard to leave them behind but I respect everyone doin their own thing.
    Can't even imagine right now leaving my homeboy who was like a brother to me, and my best friend/only female I trust.
    Oh well. University of North Texas here I come.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    my real friends are the very same people i was cool with since i was 13 who are from the same neighborhood as me. besides that i have some acquaintances from college and high school.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Graduated in 08, I talk to one of my ? from high school on the phone like once every few months just to catch up. My closest homie tho, I met him not too long after I graduated. I think if you been outta high school for atleast 3 years, and you still tight with most of your homies, then you doing good.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i talk thru fb
    i left the state...they didnt
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    how many of us have them?/
    ones we can depend on /
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Welp....

Since HS, none of those people were really "friends"...I'd say people who made HS just a little more fun to be at. I don't converse with 99.6% of them anymore. (Class of 2000)

As for undergrad, for the most part, I keep up with people, but mostly frat brothers. (Class of 2005)
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have 6 friends from high school/college, 5 friends from University, all of them I consider good friends, but more so the five friends from University…

Friends… they're special somewhat, but mostly, I just want to make it on my own, I don't rely upon anyone…
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i dont have friends and i just got done with college. but i dont care.
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Maybe 1 from school. Then 2/3 out the neighborhood. Your adulthood isnt about friendship. It's about gettin your life together, friends just come and go as your doing this. Start saving our money. You'll be good by 25. Believe it, I'm just telling you what I would of said to myself. You got time to mess up, just remember it ain't about friendship, enjoy ? , and get your life riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I got different levels of circles. The closest circle consists of my 4 best friends from high school, some fraternity brothers and some friends from college
    After that you got some other fraternity brothers, some other friends from high school, and some friends from college
    after that is pretty much people from work/college to varying degrees.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I still have about 2-3 childhood friends that I associate w/, but not so much since I live in a different state now. The others are a few people I met in college. I like to keep my inner circle to a minimum though. It helps cut down on ? and fake friends.