Top 3 Front Offices/Bottom 3 NFL Front Offices .........

Options
2»

Comments

• dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dallas should not be in the bottom 3. They put talent on the field, and they're usually a playoff caliber team. It's not like from the Front office part, they aren't tryin to win. Jerry Jones is very active in tryin to get his team talented players.

Why does no one mention the Lions or Bengals Bengals had their #1 receiver, and QB BEGGIN to get outta town.

Probably cuz the moves the Lions have been making in the last 2-3 years, they're still towards the lower half but since Matt Millen been up outta there. They're making much better personnel decisions, especially draft wise.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Probably cuz the moves the Lions have been making in the last 2-3 years, they're still towards the lower half but since Matt Millen been up outta there. They're making much better personnel decisions, especially draft wise.

But it's hard to mess up picks that early. They got C. Johnson. Ya, every team and analyst agreed he was the top WR (maybe top player period in the draft) and a beast. So if he falls to you at number 3 or 4 you take him. Got Fairley. If someone was projected to possibly be the 1st overall pick, and they drop to you at 13 you take em. If the best ranked player in the draft is available at #2 in the draft you take em.

I'm not knockin em. Just sayin they're gettin a lotta credit for gettin good players when 3 or the 4 were top 5 picks
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Please tell me why Philly is up there with no SBs. REally!
    Green Bay should take there spot. They got rid of Brett Favre right on time! And now they have a SB win with alot of subs playing.

Philly is top 5-10 becuase of the consistant play. They are always in the hunt for the NFC East div. but they get the old Houston Oilers status. Can never get over the ? .

Top five Front Offices
    Patriots - They do something every year and know when the tank is empty.
    Steelers - Same as pats
    Green bay - They have a knack for getting good not great coaches and see above
    Philly - see above
    Indy - Peyton is the engine that drives that team but they always find a nobody WR to catch his passes

Bottom 3
    Oakland - One name Al Davis!
    Redskins - Once again the owner just dont know when to put it in someone else hands
    Dallas - All that talent and they still have Choke-mo at the helm

Honorable Mention: Denver, St Louis (they are on the come up), Cincinatti (they gamble but they picked wrong), and Miami (Why are they torturing their coach like that?)

He a pittsburgh hater...
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    we coulda tried to add more depth at WR, and o-line since we cut davis and colombo. can never have enough depth on both lines...

the fact that we have yet to do anything outside of resigning our own players (which needed to be done), still isnt enough imo. especially givin what the teams around us did. there's no reason in the world we STILL dont have a safety yet...

You freed up all that cap space and havent picked up anybody yet...i thought they would go after cromartie after asomugha was off the trading blocks but he re-signed too.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    But it's hard to mess up picks that early. They got C. Johnson. Ya, every team and analyst agreed he was the top WR (maybe top player period in the draft) and a beast. So if he falls to you at number 3 or 4 you take him. Got Fairley. If someone was projected to possibly be the 1st overall pick, and they drop to you at 13 you take em. If the best ranked player in the draft is available at #2 in the draft you take em.

I'm not knockin em. Just sayin they're gettin a lotta credit for gettin good players when 3 or the 4 were top 5 picks

it aint just that....its drafting Brandon Pettigrew.....drafting Louis Delmas....drafting....Sammie Lee Hill.....drafting...cliff avril.....drafting deandre levy.....and Megatron didnt "fall"....he was drated number 2.....also is about signing good quality free agents for a nice dollar amount......Guard Rob Sims....DE Kyle Vandenbosch.......MLB Stephen Tulloch....OLB Justin Durant....

trust me Mayhew has been making great moves....
  • themadlionsfan
    edited August 2011
    Options

oh....and the bolded makes no sense.....GM's mess up top picks EVERY YEAR......how did gaines adams work out for you before he took that nap?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    fixed that for you ?
    LOL, We need a IC dictionary fa real.

Irony - Ironing
    Torture - torcher
    EBRC - Eat, beat, raw, ?

Wait a minute... is torcher a new joke like Irony/Ironing? Or did he really just change that to torchering because he thought it was correct?
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Jaguars aint the worst but definitely bottom 3

You know you need to be slapped, right?
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Wait a minute... is torcher a new joke like Irony/Ironing? Or did he really just change that to torchering because he thought it was correct?

this one....
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    this one....

aight... JUSS CHECKIN...

*grammar police*
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    give your opinion and state why u feel each Front Office deserves the ranking . .

Top 3

NE .. Always and I mean always thinking AHEAD with a scheme ..

PHI .. Excellent gamblers and the last decade shows why their front office is supreme ..

Pitt .. They go about the old school way with integrety and faith in their approach .. this way of conducting biz has kept them in title contention over the past 5 years ..

Bottom 3

Dallas .. Looking for flash over substance has proven to be the downfall of this organization and the fact that the owner is the one calling personnel shots doesnt help ..

Oakland .. Look at dallas ..

Washington .. Look at dallas/oakland .

As long as we got rid of Roy E. Williams I don't care... you right tho.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Colts should definitely be in the place of the eagles...there consistent winners year after year and you never hear about them having PR problems.....i just don't get why they never invest into upgrading that "just good enough to get by" Defense....it seems that ? burns them every year
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You know you need to be slapped, right?

yes fellow jag fan. I too understand your pain. Not only have we stuck with david garrard far too long but these idiots dont even know how to sell tickets
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Colts should definitely be in the place of the eagles...there consistent winners year after year and you never hear about them having PR problems.....i just don't get why they never invest into upgrading that "just good enough to get by" Defense....it seems that ? burns them every year

maybe this is why....
  • bow to royalty
    edited August 2011
    Options
    oh....and the bolded makes no sense.....GM's mess up top picks EVERY YEAR......how did gaines adams work out for you before he took that nap?

Got a 2nd round pick for him...HUSSLIN! He's an exception more than the rule though. And he worked out better than Stafford is for ya'll. They almost played the same number of games last year. So far your #2 draft picks are working out. I'm not knockin ur squad, cuz I would have scooped up the same players. I'm sayin holla at me when they stop finishing last in the division ever year.

And let's not get too happy. Ya'll are still a C. Johnson injury away from a 1 win season
  • themadlionsfan
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Got a 2nd round pick for him...HUSSLIN! He's an exception more than the rule though. And he worked out better than Stafford is for ya'll. They almost played the same number of games last year. So far your #2 draft picks are working out. I'm not knockin ur squad, cuz I would have scooped up the same players. I'm sayin holla at me when they stop finishing last in the division ever year.

And let's not get too happy. Ya'll are still a C. Johnson injury away from a 1 win season

lies......our D line>>>>>>>yours
  • bow to royalty
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lies......our D line>>>>>>>yours

Our D line has 2 new starters. Actually 3 of our now startin 4 weren't in that game. Jury's still out on who's line is better.

And let's not forget the TD the refs blew the call on, and cost us a TD
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    bears probably have the cheapest front office

Panthers....
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    LOL, We need a IC dictionary fa real.

Irony - Ironing
    Torture - torcher
    EBRC - Eat, beat, raw, ?

You forgot corderoids = corduroys
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    T/S can't be serious...Has to be a Dallas hater... There's no way in the world Dallas' front office is worse than Dan 'yes I can buy a SB' Snyder and his front office...Yeah we ? up with giving extensions just bc a player shines for one season.
    Yeah we ? up trading for Roy 'Trick Daddy' Williams... But what about the players that were drafted AFTER the 2nd-3rd round that we turned into Pro Bowlers?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    T/S can't be serious...Has to be a Dallas hater... There's no way in the world Dallas' front office is worse than Dan 'yes I can buy a SB' Snyder and his front office...Yeah we ? up with giving extensions just bc a player shines for one season.
    Yeah we ? up trading for Roy 'Trick Daddy' Williams... But what about the players that were drafted AFTER the 2nd-3rd round that we turned into Pro Bowlers?

Those players are parcels guys. Not JJ