What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

I'm starting to think that XXL Freshmen list is a curse!

2»

Replies

• andre_1024andre_1024 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    I'm gonna catch some heat for this, but Cudi is 2 for 2 right now. Both them albums were dope. He may not be the best rapper skill wise (maybe the worst out that list), but when it comes to the music that HE makes (stoner, emo music), he's the best at it, definitely better than Wiz or Drake songwise. And cats act like BOB was never on that pop shit til he got signed. Half that album he made before he got signed. Satellite is dumb old.

Cosign everything said here..been saying Cudi's albums are dope and Bob been makin mainstream friendly music..
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    The moral of this thread, everybody dropped an album but.....
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
  • will blaxwill blax Posts: 539 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    its still a good look, bet they pussy rate went up lol

http://youtu.be/07GFr6IXDMQ
    Check out www.TheFlashP.com
  • fuc_i_look_likefuc_i_look_like Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    "mediocre" is giving some of them clowns too much credit
  • fuc_i_look_likefuc_i_look_like Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    I'm gonna catch some heat for this, but Cudi is 2 for 2 right now. Both them albums were dope. He may not be the best rapper skill wise (maybe the worst out that list), but when it comes to the music that HE makes (stoner, emo music), he's the best at it, definitely better than Wiz or Drake songwise.

I c/s this fully. I fucks with the nigga Cudi.
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    It all depends on what the artists do with it. It is great exposure but if you don't have a plan to capitalize on that you will fall flat on ya face.
  • garvgarv Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    haute wrote: »
    Or maybe the list just picks mediocre artists

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    not a curse
    like somebody said, maybe the rappers just arent capitalizing off the exposure
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    The moral of this thread, everybody dropped an album but.....

lol.........