Fedor Emelianenko lookin flabby and sick like Larry Holmes...

Options
2»

Comments

• Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Fedor beat alot of nobodies and past their prime fighters in HW
    AS beat mostly good fighters in MW & LHW
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »
    my gif = sarcastic

Oh i know.. lol
  • major pain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If someone wants to make the argument that Fedor is the best HW ever, I can lend some credibility to that, but best EVER, across all divisions? ? nah
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol @ these 2 ? cosgning each other.. ask ANY mma fighter, they'll tell you fedor is the goat. Rampage said fedor was the baddest man in MMA... now that he's obviously past his prime, ? wanna jump on anderson ? .

Anderson will never beat fedor career wise, sorry.

And yea, fedor beat a "bunch of nobodies".. those nobodies include several former UFC heavyweight champions, other all time greats such as big nog, and ? 3 times his size...

rofl

Im out. clowns.
  • major pain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »
    lol @ these 2 ? cosgning each other.. ask ANY mma fighter, they'll tell you fedor is the goat. Rampage said fedor was the baddest man in MMA... now that he's obviously past his prime, ? wanna jump on anderson ? .

Anderson will never be beat career wise, sorry.

And yea, fedor beat a "bunch of nobodies".. those nobodies include several former UFC heavyweight champions, other all time greats such as big nog, and ? 3 times his size...

rofl

Im out. clowns.

So you cant dispute those facts.
  • Say What
    edited August 2011
    Options

rofl

Im out. clowns.

Wait you did say former HW champs. He also lost to a dude released from UFC and a Dan who was a MW in UFC who KO 'd your dude shows he overated a little.
    I will give him best HW but he keeps showing he's not a complete fighter. So he won some freakshow fights clap clap clap No one will break Wilts record either it doesn't mean he wasn't playin scrubs
    Most HW don't have much skill thats how Randy became HW Champ
    & Rampage is a one trick poney. I like his one trick but not great in MMA currently
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited August 2011
    Options
    so Fedor beat nobody's and PRIDE was a garbage organization now?

you people on here will say literally ANYTHING to not be wrong and make a point no matter how half assed it is huh?

As of right now Anderson Silva is the greatest MMA champion because to me he has stood up to adversity and handled like the greats do as well as completely dominating other opponents, I don't care about wins and loss streaks Ali took losses and everybody considers him to be the greatest boxer of all time so what's your point?

this thread is completely pointless without videos
  • Say What
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No I wasn't meaning he didn't fight anyone but he did have a few filler fights and all his fans refer to is the record and not the level of comp throughout. Anderson was in Pride and continues to dominate at the highest level in the US while Fedor is strugglin in the USFL
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

rofl

Im out. clowns.

Lmao @ trying to argue "Hey, Rampage said it, it must be true". The reality is that Silva is older than Fedor, has been in with far superior competition, and has thoroughly outclassed all of them. Fedor got ? up by the same exact ? that Anderson made tap 2 years ago like a ? . Fedor's claim to fame is that he beat Tim Sylvia and Big Nog. The same Tim Sylvia that got KTFO'd by an overweight Ray Mercer. The same Big Nog that has floundered in the UFC and was crushed, absolutely crushed, by Cain Velasquez. Please. On Fedor's best day, he ain't seeing Silva.

The truth hurts, but the more you fight it, the worse its gonna feel. Just accept the fact that there is Anderson Silva, and then there's everybody else. Fedor was an important part of MMA history, but after this weekend, he will be another casualty in greats that couldn't keep up with the bigger, faster, athletic, and smarter MMA.
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    MurillaNinjaScrilla Members Posts: 564
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Fedor built his career off beating up either unskilled or unathletic cans. As soon as he steps into a real promotion he drops 3 straight fights. He will be remembered as having an impressive run, nothing more.

The title of greatest of all time will go to this man:

anderson_silva_ko_forrest_ufc.jpg

Celebrity-Image-Muhammad-Ali--v-Liston--331540.jpg

I love Anderson as well but Cro-Cop and Minotauro were not cans. Fedor beat them in theoir prime. Plus his win after getting slammed by Kevin Randleman is one of the best comebacks ever. Anderson coming back to beat Sonnen was the best though IMO.
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    edited August 2011
    Options
    but no ? before he lost his last fight uriah faber was working his way up to that upper echleon status....

No he wasn't. Mike Brown and Jose Aldo both kicked hi ass.
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Oh and lookup Anotio Inoki vs. Ali.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think you need to look at Fedor and not compare him and his opponents to days fighters. Right now.... Fedor is done, he lost heart, the game passed him up, and should retire. He was probably actually done before his losses. He was losing to Arlovski and a ? Brett Rogers was giving him way more than he wanted. I think maybe we should have seen his downfall on the horizon.

But I digress.... When Fedor went on his crazy run in Pride, he was at the time beating the best the world has to offer. I think makes him legendary and he truly was the best P4P fighter in the world on time. Fedor in his prime probably couldn't hang with top level fighters of today, and his current self sure as ? can't now. I think we need to look past that a realize what he actually did accomplish and how big his legacy really is.

RIP Fedor's career. It was one of the best.
  • supaman4321
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lmao @ trying to argue "Hey, Rampage said it, it must be true". The reality is that Silva is older than Fedor, has been in with far superior competition, and has thoroughly outclassed all of them. Fedor got ? up by the same exact ? that Anderson made tap 2 years ago like a ? . Fedor's claim to fame is that he beat Tim Sylvia and Big Nog. The same Tim Sylvia that got KTFO'd by an overweight Ray Mercer. The same Big Nog that has floundered in the UFC and was crushed, absolutely crushed, by Cain Velasquez. Please. On Fedor's best day, he ain't seeing Silva.

The truth hurts, but the more you fight it, the worse its gonna feel. Just accept the fact that there is Anderson Silva, and then there's everybody else. Fedor was an important part of MMA history, but after this weekend, he will be another casualty in greats that couldn't keep up with the bigger, faster, athletic, and smarter MMA.

*Charlie Murphy's voice* wrong....WRONG! Fedor's claim to fame is going nearly a DECADE WITHOUT LOSING A ROUND!

how many of you actually watch MMA? Like honestly how can you try to belittle this man's accomplishments most of you would have a trouble handling day-day from down the block and this man completely outclassed everybody they put in front of him for nearly A DECADE!

? ' ridic'lous....
  • major pain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    *Charlie Murphy's voice* wrong....WRONG! Fedor's claim to fame is going nearly a DECADE WITHOUT LOSING A ROUND!

how many of you actually watch MMA? Like honestly how can you try to belittle this man's accomplishments most of you would have a trouble handling day-day from down the block and this man completely outclassed everybody they put in front of him for nearly A DECADE!

? ' ridic'lous....

He didnt outclass everyone, thats where you're wrong. He did win, but it wasnt by virtue of being vastly more skilled than his competition. Or just pure dominance. He got hurt/rocked in a LOT of his fights, but his recovery is probably his best attribute if you ask me. He's the best HW ever, but THE BEST ever? I just cant do it.

Silva on the other hand has RARELY been hurt. Especially in this latest run of his. Only a roided Sonnen, along with an injury from Silva had him off his game. NO ONE has dominated their competition like Silva has.
  • supaman4321
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm gonna need the names of these opponents that besides recently gave Fedor trouble, everytime he's been caught he bounced back immediately and either got the submission or dominant position due to his amazing recovery time as you yourself said so when has he REALLY been in trouble, i'll check the fight out i'm willing to admit being wrong if i haven't seen it
    I'm not saying he's the best ever or even the best heavyweight ever and I agreed in my first post that Silva's the greatest champion so I'm not sure what the point of saying that was, all i'm saying is that few have been as dominant as Fedor has in ANY sport, period. This should at least warrant a consideration for being the best ever i would think, but then again it's all opinion.
  • Poster#19
    Poster#19 Members Posts: 280
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Fedor went on a good run in pride against inferior competition. There have been plenty far more dominant than fedor against the best there sport had to offer, not a bunch of bums.
  • Poster#19
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No he wasn't. Mike Brown and Jose Aldo both kicked hi ass.

Urijah ? his right hand up pretty bad in the second fight with Mike Brown and was still able to compete with Brown. Up until his last fight with Hominick, Faber was Aldo's toughest fight. Don't try and ? on Urijah like that.
  • Poster#19
    edited August 2011
    Options
    seemy schilt, heath herring, Egidijus Valavicius, kazuyuki fajita, gary goodridge, yuji nagata, mark coleman twice, kevin randleman, naoya ogawa, Tsuyoshi Kohsaka, Wagner Martins, mark hunt, matt lindland, hong man choi. This is a list of many of fedor's opponents during his undefeated stretch in pride. One thing they all hve in common, they are all bums. Matt Linlands not even a heavyweight, mark hunt and sammy schilt are really k-1 fighters. Beating these people make him GOAT? GSP, Anderson, BJ Penn, all better than Fedor. We saw what happened to Cro Cop and Big nog once they came to the UFC. Face facts nut huggers, the guy was never that good. He happened to come along at the right time. He fought alot of unskilled lumbering big men, that in there own respective primes, would get blown out of the waters by the heavyweights around today. Fedor refused to adapt to the ever changing world of mma. Cut this fedor is the GOAT ? out.
  • Will Munny
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Poster#19 wrote: »
    seemy schilt, heath herring, Egidijus Valavicius, kazuyuki fajita, gary goodridge, yuji nagata, mark coleman twice, kevin randleman, naoya ogawa, Tsuyoshi Kohsaka, Wagner Martins, mark hunt, matt lindland, hong man choi. This is a list of many of fedor's opponents during his undefeated stretch in pride. One thing they all hve in common, they are all bums. Matt Linlands not even a heavyweight, mark hunt and sammy schilt are really k-1 fighters. Beating these people make him GOAT? GSP, Anderson, BJ Penn, all better than Fedor. We saw what happened to Cro Cop and Big nog once they came to the UFC. Face facts nut huggers, the guy was never that good. He happened to come along at the right time. He fought alot of unskilled lumbering big men, that in there own respective primes, would get blown out of the waters by the heavyweights around today. Fedor refused to adapt to the ever changing world of mma. Cut this fedor is the GOAT ? out.

See post #41
  • major pain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm gonna need the names of these opponents that besides recently gave Fedor trouble, everytime he's been caught he bounced back immediately and either got the submission or dominant position due to his amazing recovery time as you yourself said so when has he REALLY been in trouble, i'll check the fight out i'm willing to admit being wrong if i haven't seen it
    I'm not saying he's the best ever or even the best heavyweight ever and I agreed in my first post that Silva's the greatest champion so I'm not sure what the point of saying that was, all i'm saying is that few have been as dominant as Fedor has in ANY sport, period. This should at least warrant a consideration for being the best ever i would think, but then again it's all opinion.

Rogers almost finished him and he was a year or so removed from slanging tires at Discount Tires.
    Arlovski worked him a bit.
    Fujita ROCKED him something crucial.
    Arona probably should have won their fight.
    Cro Cop could have beat him if he kept the pressure on.

Aside from Arlovski and Cro Cop, no one was really EVER top 10. Maybe Arona. I'm just saying, he won in style against most people, but they were not highly skilled fighters. The more skilled fighters he generally struggled with. Still best HW ever based on the fact that he could not lose at one point.
  • Poster#19
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    See post #41

uhhh, ok. checked it out, still not sure why u said that.
  • Will Munny
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Poster#19 wrote: »
    uhhh, ok. checked it out, still not sure why u said that.

because it relates to everything being said in this thread. duh.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WTF is a Fedor? How is he the best when people who aren't MMA nerds don't know who the ? he is? He can't be the greatest of all-time, because he's not even known outside of his cult following.

The GOAT is easily Anderson Silva.