edited August 2011
    Options
    cosign t/s

we think alike
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol@ this thread snoop was gonna bounce back anyway no matter where he signed at
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Thank Master P? Naaaaaaaw. More like Master P should thank Snoop for savin his LABEL.

Lol you crazy as ? No Limit ain't need Snoop.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah, Snoop might have faded into oblivion if he didn't sign with No Limit and hook back up with Dre later on
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, them letters from Snoop and Daz have got to be fake!! HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAH . ROFL @ "MR KNIGHT" LMAO... Somebody (probably Suge) down bad for that one.... SMH... LOL LOL LOL ROFL...... Never even knew nothing bout that until now. ROFL...

But yeah, Snoop has alot to be thankful for. Like was already stated, his career was like going down and P came through, but while there on NL,.. Snoop did alot of shining. I'ont know why ? dont wanna give P the credit he deserve.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dogg sounded like garbage on those NL records. its Nawlins bounce and his style is G Funk conversation. it drowned out his voice with all the chaos on those tracks. it didnt work. it just gave him something to do for a minute. it didnt help or help him. it dont matter what he do there will never be another CHRONIC or ? . hes famous, a legend and respected but not relevant a rapper now or the NL days. that part of the catalog wasnt that good!
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nah, he should thank P for protecting him from Suge. He should thank the Neptunes for saving his career.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dogg sounded like garbage on those NL records. its Nawlins bounce and his style is G Funk conversation. it drowned out his voice with all the chaos on those tracks. it didnt work. it just gave him something to do for a minute. it didnt help or help him. it dont matter what he do there will never be another CHRONIC or ? . hes famous, a legend and respected but not relevant a rapper now or the NL days. that part of the catalog wasnt that good!

[QUOTE=Just2C;3084393]Nah, he should thank P for protecting him from Suge. He should thank the Neptunes for saving his career.[/QUOTE]

yea that & his career, because Snoop was going down here til P scoop him up but he should thank Neptunes too because they saved his career again (thats another thread there)
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

naw I think Snoop made his 2nd classic album with No Limit, even tho he is a wack ass crip
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bump...

Yeah P saved him from Suge...

Suge was going to sell his contract to whoever and P stepped up...

He also got his swagger back thanks to NL..
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bayish wrote: »
    He is right if yall don't remember this was early late 90's early 2000's when Deathrow still had the word on the street., and Snoop had lost his swag and just like any other rapper in the past once you go below a certain level THERES NO COMING BACK! So the NO LIMIT thing did 2 things give him protection, and keep him above that minimal swag level to keep his career afloat.
    Good breakdown.
  • The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop definitely owes P for his success because when he was on Death Row he was broke and everything was in Suge's name. P taught Snoop the business and how to capitalize off his talent more. Snoop said this himself in interviews!
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know if this is true but according to Reggie Wright, Snoop's move to No Limit was Suge's idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzX3cEHcApc
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty sure I heard snoop thank master p a few times for teaching him the business, every interview I seen snoop be asked about his no limit days he seems very grateful to People n yes heading down south easily saved snoops life as well
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I meant P not people..damn autocorrect
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    snoop was poised for a comeback anyway, the way he smashed the game coming out, people were looking for him to bounce back. but it had to be the right situation though, snoop is the kind of guy that needs the right people around him. say if he had got a warren g like deal with def jam at the time instead of no limit, he'd for sure garner some success having that kind of promotional potential behind him as well as money but I don't think he'd have the 2nd life he's had in the game thus far.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao nah him and p still tight
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Don't know if this is true but according to Reggie Wright, Snoop's move to No Limit was Suge's idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzX3cEHcApc

I cant check the video, but that wouldnt make sense, because Suge was ? and Im sure Suge was always threatening Snoop leaving bullets outside his changing rooms etc Had all the new Death Row cats like Top Dogg, Tha Realist and Dresta dissing all the old Row rappers...

Geeeeez I just realised this thread is 5 or 6 years old, crazy haha
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    snoop changed his style. changed his flow and called it growth and never been the since. it started on that second album. the more the whites liked him the more wack he became to me. in my opinion.

he had a few good songs since 94 but i can count them all on one hand.

Real G'z. Snoop freestyle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC1Rb43_pIA
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    snoop changed his style. changed his flow and called it growth and never been the since. it started on that second album. the more the whites liked him the more wack he became to me. in my opinion.

Yeah looking back I didn't really like Snoop's 'No Limit' stuff that much, he had a few good tunes... But 'The Last Meal' was the best official album of his since his Death Row days...
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Percy a G and was too real. P was that dude, and was helping out ? left and right. You really don't hear much about him messing over his artists.
    Reading them Snoop and Daz letters had me cracking up. Snoop called that ? Big Dogg but made sure to put Suge in quotations. Daz was on some please stop threatening me Mr Marion.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Snoop style changed because he no longer had DOC writing for him.

I've said from day 1 that Snoop was basically a puppet that existed only because DOC lost his voice. Dre provided the perfect beats for Snoop, while DOC provided the words for Snoop. It was a perfect setup for all involved.
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

I've said from day 1 that Snoop was basically a puppet that existed only because DOC lost his voice. Dre provided the perfect beats for Snoop, while DOC provided the words for Snoop. It was a perfect setup for all involved.

Nah thats not all true bro, Snoop was dope back BEFORE he hit the Row, he had alot of record companies trying to sign him, which I believe led to Warren G actually falling out with Snoop before getting him signed to the Row, because Snoop was gonna go leave 213...

IMO the ghostwriting thing is exaggerated when it comes to Snoop, its his commercial schitt that is mostly ghostwritten because he can only really write that gangsta schitt which isnt really commercially sellable to 'pop' fans...
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah thats not all true bro, Snoop was dope back BEFORE he hit the Row, he had alot of record companies trying to sign him, which I believe led to Warren G actually falling out with Snoop before getting him signed to the Row, because Snoop was gonna go leave 213...

IMO the ghostwriting thing is exaggerated when it comes to Snoop, its his commercial schitt that is mostly ghostwritten because he can only really write that gangsta schitt which isnt really commercially sellable to 'pop' fans...

Snoop's entire style is different when he's not with DOC and Dre.

There is no other explanation.
  • water ur seeds
    Options

Snoop's entire style is different when he's not with DOC and Dre.

There is no other explanation.

It was just the era, if you go back and listen to pre DOC and Dre Snoop he was style was the game... Snoop came to the Row with alot of his album already written I believe according to Warren G on the Combat Jack Show, I might be wrong...