what do you think about out of body experience and afterlife experience

r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
i'll basing this thjread on a tv show i saw last night about people who claim they died and been to the afterlife and also had out of body experenice when they wer injuried.
lot of them claim they been to heaven and seen there dead relatives and also seen ? and talk to them. i also went to high school with a guy that claim he died for 28 min and talk to ? and jesus who told him he had a lot to live for and its not his time to die yet.
there was also some atheisst on there that also went to the afterlife but still don't believe. they say that when you are in a coma sometimes your body is in a dreamlie stat that projects these image. scientist also confirm and say some people are in dreamlike states when there in situations like that.

what do you think can you die and go to the afterlife and come back or do you think your put you at peace let you see what you want to see when you go into a coma.

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    If it is possible to go through that, then it is. My thing about out-of-body experiences and the afterlife is that it is easy to come to this "superior" outlook about it; that because someone has that "experience", then they have an authority to tell someone else how they should live their life; come up with ways to exploit those who hadn't experience those things.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I believe that this is all in the mental... Believers of Christ would probably visualize the most common illustrations of their savior(white Jesus). It would have been interesting if they did a "criminal sketch" to illustrate who they encountered.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    You have to pick your battles with this one. Because i've experienced some wild stuff in life and OBE is one of them. I must say that at one point, i was headed down the path of the lost when i first started doing OBE as a practice because it completely shattered the foundation i had for viewing the world and everything in it. The Lord pulled me out of it though and even though i can't make it my place to say that it's wrong, i can say that those who experience that CANNOT be 100% sure of the reality behind what they experience, no matter HOW REAL they know it is. Especially those who say they talked to jesus...stuff like that that contradict the word you gotta watch out for. Because some OBEs have got to be like one of the grandest delusions that the mind is capable of experiencing and living to tell about.
  • bambu
    edited August 2011
    Did you experience any deity? Can you describe them physically?
  • Rock_Well
    edited August 2011
    bambu wrote: »
    Did you experience any deity?
    I don't think i got that far. I read about how people claim to have came in contact with a light that burns away all their impurities, making them feel connected with everything in the universe and stuff like that. I never got to that stage though. But i've literally had one where my dream just came into super HD focus rite in front of my eyes and it was so real honest to ? i thought i had died in my sleep and went Abraham's ? , thinking to myself how i was gonna explain this ? to my mother and all my loved ones who was still in the physical. i passed out while out of body because it was so intense too. don't blame me
  • bambu
    edited August 2011
    Interesting... so you were expecting the popular images/illustrations of Abrahamic faiths?
  • Rock_Well
    edited August 2011
    Well the Bible doesn't give much illustration as to what Abraham's ? (the spiritual place of comfort where souls wait till Christ return to be delivered to the Father in Heaven) look like. It is just described as a place of comfort and peace. If what i experienced was real, then i certainly would believe that i got a peak at what the Bible describes as Abraham's ? . And The easiest i can describe what i experienced is me floating like 10 feet in mid air over the most beautiful field of glowing grass that looked like it spread for miles in every direction, and down a dirt path in between two rows of the most beautiful lively trees with violet glowing leaves. And the clarity of the experience was clearer than any normal real life experience i ever had. The thing that overthrew me to the point of passing out was how real that ? was to me, not so much what i saw.
    And this was at a time when i wasn't that strong in Biblical faith. So u can probably imagine how that might influence my faith after i woke up and remembered what i experienced as i started to study more and read more and more books about OBEs. Majority of my 'Christian' faith went right out the window.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I've had some ridiculous dreams, many lucid or semi-lucid; I label "out of body experiences" as dreams as well.