Who here does indeed smoke weed and reasons for liking

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Social Lounge
I know a girl who does smoke daily.. well each evening to be exact.. and speaks on it ALOT!!! AND her LOVE for it! And she knows my preferred toxin is liquor if anything.. although been well over 2months since drank.. but this girl has nothing but praise for it.. to the point that she seems to see absolutely nothing wrong with it.. and that it is completely great for you in many aspects..

as a reformed cigarette smoker, my main issue with it would be just that of the lungs and any damage to the lungs that MUST occur, as so with cigarette smoke.. but she even denies that it has a harmful effect on the lungs! 0_0

Comments

• ThatA
    ThatA Members Posts: 566
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't even know. I just do. ? makes everything funnier, makes food taste better, music sound better, and makes you forget about everything but in a good way. It is really bad for me when I'm in school tho because I get forgetful and I get anxiety really easy. I couldn't pass my permit test until I kinda quit weed. I'm back on weed until school starts again.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ThatA wrote: »
    I don't even know. I just do. ? makes everything funnier, makes food taste better, music sound better, and makes you forget about everything but in a good way. It is really bad for me when I'm in school tho because I get forgetful and I get anxiety really easy. I couldn't pass my permit test until I kinda quit weed. I'm back on weed until school starts again.

exactly.. you dont see anybody on ? and ? saying this
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i like to read, and try to build mentaly when i get high...
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i like to read, and try to build mentaly when i get high...

Co-sign...I also like reading bc the images are so vivid in your head when you read high
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I used to smoke daily for like a year, eventually I was like "wtf am I doing, this is pointless..". I now only smoke when I got really bad leg, arm or back pains ? hurts so bad not even a damn aspirin helps but a bowl does and it puts mento sleep at the same time. Don't do it socially anymore though, just recently tried Spice, ? that lol can't smoke that as a bowl thats a one hitter for real.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Weed is alright as long as you don't make it a badly abused habit. Then it becomes like a chore and it's more of a drag. But I enjoy it for the numbing effect it has on the ego.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I can't even explain it really its just that feeling that makes even boring ? feel good.

T/S try a vaporizer can't go wrong going green
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I went from being a heavy weed smoker growing up, up until about 18-19, to not smoking at all or at least very rarely, to smoking occasionally. Reason I went back to smoking on occasion because I took a road trip out to Pitt with a couple friends who were smoking the whole way, I just said ? it and started taking a few puffs and it was the music, that unexplainable zone, the reason why I love Hip Hop as much as I do today, is the reason I'm on it again. I forgot how much I loved doing it as a youngster, but theres also a reason why I quit in the first place. I start thinking about things from different perspectives, I get into this deep thought about my life and ? going on and it aint always good, but when I come down off it now its motivating, when I was younger at some point it just became not cool at all and was leading me no where, I would smoke and wonder while I was high why i even smoked. But now that i'm cutting down drinking which i've done too much of throughout my 20's weed is a cool alternative since I just like to chill and do nothing, watch movies, listen to music and ? like that while i'm on it. I smoked the other night and this video came on, for those that do smoke weed get ripped and listen you will thank me.

• ThatA
    ThatA Members Posts: 566
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dude above me described weed for me right there.

I get SUPER ? ego when I'm high. I start thinking that people are figments of my imagination and they're there because I want them to be. I look at my life through third person when I'm blown. Then as I come down from my high, I realize I ain't that dude, and all that high thoughts was.....well cause I'm high.
  • Ishi
    edited August 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    I find that the highest level of THC in whatever weed I find gives me LOTS of energy. Some people talk about how they get the munchies or they really like to kick-back....WHAT ever it is? weed really makes me wanna do stuff & be productive e.g. exercise,wash my car,go hiking in the foothills of the sierra nevada mountain range. IMO the biggest plus for me was weed helped me to stop smoking cigarettes & drinking alcohol -- NO more hangovers for me, or fighting with the law.
    Alot of Indica strains can give you that high that couch lock, slowmo head high feeling perfect for going to sleep or just chilling. (ex: most Purps like Purple Kush,Purp Urkel ? like that)

High you get sounds like a Sativa high uplifting and energetic you can get that feeling from some Indicas too but its more common with Sativas

Glad it help you get off cigs hate the smell hate everything about them but never had one and never will.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If you're working on anything creative like music or writing weed is the GOAT. Or if you work long hours nothing better than a beer and blunt after work.

I used to smoke about an oz of haze or ak47 every 2 weeks. Then I quit last year and now I only cop a couple grams here an there or puff with women.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I started smoking at the tender age of 28. I'm 33 now and I'm glad i started on my own terms and i avoided most of the negative pitfalls which mainly includes smoking with people you don't need to be smoking with. I also learned alot about the history and the negative propaganda that idiots perpetuate. The biggest danger of weed is having a wack ? lace yo ? with some dust or some madness like that. I know two homies that lost it smoking with some seedy characters. Smoke for self mainly or supply your own from those you trust. I would love grow my own though.

When i smoke, i can either work my ass off or do nothing at all to the best of my abilities. I been had memory issues and organizational troubles since i was a kid but i get by and i'm smarter now then i was at 28.
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Co-sign...I also like reading bc the images are so vivid in your head when you read high

I could never go to school high or read high because it's hard to retain ? when I'm smacked. But I like everything about weed, buying it, breaking it, rolling it. It ? with my head, that's the best thing about it tho.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I didn't start smoking until I graduated from college. I'm glad I waited.

However, I will say that in addition to the feeling I get when I'm high, I find that my senses get highened a bit: I hear alot clearer, can see a bit farther, and can think alot more critically, which is why I love listening to music while high. You catch all the nuances of a song and can appreciate it more.
  • goopunch2456
    goopunch2456 Members Posts: 58
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WEED

Positives:facilitates the thinkin juices, see ? from another angle(changes ur mindframe so essentially a diff perspective), makes me eat(i eat to live not live to eat like alot of folks so when im smacked i eat ? in the fridge that otherwise wouldve went bad), good to chill and relax after work(some folks like beer at the bar cigar lounge but i like to chop it up wit the ladies and gents ova some loud on the front porch), Im addicted to smokin and drivin idk its somethin bout drivin by urself wit som new music just crusin,weed cant ? u(no overdose)...

Negatives:Its not socially exceptable like liquor(its gettin there more as i speak), Changes ur mindframe and personality(im more reserved than i should b when im high) makes u paranoid(i think everybody is talkin about me when im high like any side convo i over hear) I walk into a store and the bright lights blow the ? out me and then i thinks its all on me especially if I just finished and the smell is so strong on u, its still illegal in some states and u can go to jail for it, and many of us have went to jail for it but we still smokin ?
  • Elliote
    Elliote Members Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I do not smoke weed nor like this kind of stuff.
    I was searching here that why people smoke weed. I saw guys smoking weed in my gym last night.
  • PunkRapPrincess
    PunkRapPrincess Members Posts: 12
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I just don't get why weed takes the hit for all the negative ? going on supposedly it's the 'gateway drug' but it's funny

how alcohol is something that makes u incoherent beyond measure & yet is somehow 'safer' than a head change?

SMH
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I love weed because it enhances ANY experience I'm involved in. Reading, drinking, sex, and music is always more fun when I'm high. And that's the reason I smoke at least a joint a day.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    What kind of gym do you belong to? I smoke weed but never ever smoke in doors or in my car.

I thought you said weed was bad!!!!!!!!!!!! You said this ? multiple times in the past homie
  • Tha-Realist
    Tha-Realist Members Posts: 491
    edited August 2011
    Options
    When I first started smoking it was just to get ? up, and because I thought it was "cool". I grew out of that, now I focus on using it to open my mind. Tha "Gateway" theory proved true for me, except it wasn't a gateway to other drugs... It's been a gateway to knowledge. I started off reading into tha legal/political issues, health information, cultivation and scientific aspects of marijuana. That lead me to being interested in those topics whether it was related to weed or not. Basically, weed gave me a reason to educate myself on certain things I wouldn't have cared much about otherwise. Without weed I wouldn't have felt like I could relate to much of that information, so it kind of opened those doors for me.

Besides that, it just seems to make everything more enjoyable. It helps me keep a positive outlook on life.. I can't even explain it, it's just a 'miracle' plant lol. And one of the greatest things about it is that even when it's abused, it's still safe. Any damage to tha lungs can be easily avoided with a vaporizer or edibles, especially if you live in a "weed friendly" state where all that's readily available. I don't do any other drugs (other than alcohol, very rarely) and I don't plan on changing that. All you need is weed.. I could go on and on but I'll leave it at that.
  • Ishi
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I just don't get why weed takes the hit for all the negative ? going on supposedly it's the 'gateway drug' but it's funny

how alcohol is something that makes u incoherent beyond measure & yet is somehow 'safer' than a head change?

SMH

People still on the ol "Its Illegal so its bad" mindset ? is ? most people who hate no nothing about it.
  • cocodeluxe1
    cocodeluxe1 Members Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Maaaaaaannnnn...I will clean the ? out my house when I'm high!! LOL

Weed motivates me instead of slowing me down...
  • noirwar
    noirwar Members Posts: 514
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's like your mind opens up to all the things in the universe and you can pluck them from like fruit from a tree. Creativity while not high 67-78% vs while high 100-beyond. If you haven't noticed from my Avi I do a lot of art. That said I never do any measuring for any of my work while blown. You are too far on the Right side of your brain to conceptualize mathematical logistics. I be off like a ? on ratios and so on. But while I paint draw etc the results are endless.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I love listening to music while high. You catch all the nuances of a song and can appreciate it more.

• motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm just like this dude in Half Baked. Weed really does make every activity more enjoyable for me music especially,movies,sports,sex.

I can even be entertained by the ? my wife watches like Basketball Wives when I'm high.