[ARTWORK ADDED] 9th Wonder - The Wonder Years, September 27th 2011, Great Features!!

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Essence
Artwork Added
vK3x8.jpg

Finally, the long awaited, 'The Wonder Years', will finally be released, however, it will feature a slew of new Artists including this list:

Phonte
Big K.R.I.T
Murs
Talib Kweli
David Banner
Erykah Badu
Kendrick Lamar
Warren G
Mac Miller
and many of his Jamla artists.
9th Wonder wrote:
“If there was ever a better time to express how I feel about hip-hop music, black music, or just music in general……it would be to do it now….on this project. My career has been from the depths of the underground, to the pop charts, but it has always stayed my sound, and what I believed in to be pure……..welcome to the Wonder Years,” says the former Little Brother member.

Looking forward to this, as it could be a return to form for the former LB member, but I'll be honest and say that I'm more checking for those features, Kendrick Lamar, Kweli, Warren G, Murs, Badu and co. should make for a really nice disc!!

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I hope it sounds good...

Dude fell off big time after LB
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    About time, this was becoming almost on the Detox mythology level, damn near 5 year wait.
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited July 2011
    Looking forward to this
  • Sep-00
    Sep-00 Members Posts: 210
    edited July 2011
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Looking forward to it I'm going to cop

I bet it will come out before Detox
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited July 2011
    If he is off the Fornever/Death of a Pop Star wackness, this could be good. He has fallen off a bit in my eyes, and I'm hoping with this project he goes back to The Listening with this on.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Phonte and 9th agaiN! dooope
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited July 2011
    9th wonder is droping album? 9th wonder produced songs with Nas, Jay-Z, few other artist that can't remember. But that cool that 9th wonder is dropping an album. Is "Wonder Years" is 9th wonder years first album?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Nah he released Dream Merchant vol. 1 and 2. Wonder Years was supposed to come out in like 2006? i forgot about this album tbh
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Nah he released Dream Merchant vol. 1 and 2. Wonder Years was supposed to come out in like 2006? i forgot about this album tbh

Same here, but when it come up on I think it was hiphopdx, I remembered waiting for it years ago, also remember a really good segment that 9th used to do on allhiphop.com... be cool if could find that as it was a good read from a producer who was seeing a lot of success at the time.
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Album Artwork
    vK3x8.jpg

I like it, very simple and plain... with good self-promotion lol.

Can't wait for the Kendrick Lamar feature!!! But the feature list in general is outstanding... should be hard for this one not to succeed...
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    9th Wonder doesn't disappoint, will purchase this.

Phonte's dropping on the same day too.

charitystartsathome.jpg

01. Dance in the Reign
    02. The Good Fight
    03. Everything Is Falling Down
    04. Not Here Anymore
    05. Eternally
    06. Sendin My Love
    07. Ball and Chain
    08. To Be Yours
    09. Gonna Be A Beautiful Night
    10. We Go Off
    11. The Life of Kings
    12. Who Loves You More
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »

I like it, very simple and plain... with good self-promotion lol.

Can't wait for the Kendrick Lamar feature!!! But the feature list in general is outstanding... should be hard for this one not to succeed...

I remember watching a video of 9th back in the day talking about how growing up, listening to other producers it was all about the music i.e. he never cared or wanted to know what Pete Rock, Preemo, Dilla etc looked like. It was later on through his career Kanye (I think?) was saying to him, he should have been so much bigger if only he put his face out there more.

The two features that stand out for me are Fashawn and Blu which I'm looking forward to hear. Props to 9th for recognising that talent!
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    I remember watching a video of 9th back in the day talking about how growing up, listening to other producers it was all about the music i.e. he never cared or wanted to know what Pete Rock, Preemo, Dilla etc looked like. It was later on through his career Kanye (I think?) was saying to him, he should have been so much bigger if only he put his face out there more.

The two features that stand out for me are Fashawn and Blu which I'm looking forward to hear. Props to 9th for recognising that talent!

Sorry, I meant about the sticker - 'New album from the Grammy Award Winning Producer' lol. I actually like the cover though, do you know what it says below his face on the cover?

That would have to be Kanye wouldn't it! LOL Interesting info though, props!! Do you remember the series he did for AllHipHop.com with the upcoming producers taking advice from him? I don't know if it'll still be available given all the updates the sites had, but I'll have a look.

I can understand that though from Kanye! I don't feel as though 9th will receive that type of recognition though with his face being out there... but we'll see. At least for those in the know, he will...

It'll be really interesting to see what direction he takes the production with so many features, will it have a consistent sound that will fit around those artists?

Fashawn and Blu will be great features provided the sound fits theirs... those two are born for Exile's production... but it's exciting to see how they'll fair on the same album!!! I'm more so looking forward to Lamar on there though! Fashawn needs to up his game now following a lukewarm mix tape in Ode to Illmatic and a solid but not so fantastic Higher Learning Vol. 2. Blu's going to bring it on NoYork! Though, I hope... I think his features with the Roots.. took him to another level. Not many can mess with Black Thought on the mic.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    i'm probably coppin this..Sept. 27th is gonna be a great day if no one gets pushed back..features on this are crazy!