African-American Nation 2020

Options
Olorun22
Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Have anybody check out this before http://africanamericannation.com/?????

Comments

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Is this forreal???

Never heard of this b4
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Is this forreal???

Never heard of this b4

Me either I just type in going back to africa and that website popped up and I dont know if its legit
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I was going to do a thread on this topic with a poll.

I guess this is good enough to jumpstart it
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Me either I just type in going back to africa and that website popped up and I dont know if its legit

This site appears to be legit, although this is also my first knowledge of it. The formation of a sovereign state for “African Americans” has been debated throughout our history and is long overdue. It always sparks division because of the location. I agree with these brothers, but would rather have this nation/state founded in the mainland U.S. I wish these brothers the best, but with the current global economic conditions, doubt that it will ever come to fruition.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The question is where is this land going to be located? They say they need a "Minimum land required 100 x 100 square miles", but really what African nation would be willing to give up their land like that. Remember the Alaska transaction? Some African country will be ? if that happens to them, they may even just invade if the African American sovereign begins to prosper.

Also I wonder what they'll call the new nation?
    Update: I just read their constitution...it's going to be called "Africa America".
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    these fools cant even build a decent looking site and they expect someone to believe they can build a nation...sure.
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    these fools cant even build a decent looking site and they expect someone to believe they can build a nation...sure.

There have been people who couldn't even read or write that have built nations.
  • stillmatic_01
    stillmatic_01 Members Posts: 113
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Liberia and Sierra Leone?
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    There have been people who couldn't even read or write that have built nations.

Name some names please... I can only think of Prophet Muhammad (founder of Islam).
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Name some names please... I can only think of Prophet Muhammad (founder of Islam).

Well Muhammad is sufficient enough to prove the point. But I'll humor you..................Genghis Khan.

You can't get more John Blaze than that...........
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    It had to be some white dude. I've been around this site long enough to know that most black people feel they/their ancestors built this country & it wouldn't be what it is today if not for the free labor. Sure they could if only they would be untied about it...like in the civil rights movement. What I just can't follow is this nation will be for just black people.huh?

I'm sure there will be a few whites that want to tag along. Just a few....there will probably be quotas.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Great Idea..Just like the Republic of New Afrika. In this century I'm sure we'll get it done......I'm also sure that our homebase (Africa) will have a great turnaround in that time frame.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What exactly will this accomplish?
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It would just be the same ? , different toilet. Ruled by the majority = corrupted media and mind fuckery tactics by those in power....
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We already have examples of what Black people can do if they are left alone to their own spiritual, mental, and moral devices outside of the crippling and crushing influence of a external force that is diametrically opposed to their well being. Blacks in The Reconstruction Period, The African Hebrew Israelites in Jerusalem, etc, sure there will be problems, but everybody has problems in infancy.

We just don't need physical emancipation, we need more importantly mental and spiritual emancipation because this society has been death to us. We are 14 karat crazy.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    We already have examples of what Black people can do if they are left alone to their own spiritual, mental, and moral devices outside of the crippling and crushing influence of a external force that is diametrically opposed to their well being. Blacks in The Reconstruction Period, The African Hebrew Israelites in Jerusalem, etc, sure there will be problems, but everybody has problems in infancy.

We just don't need physical emancipation, we need more importantly mental and spiritual emancipation because this society has been death to us. We are 14 karat crazy.

Yep. There can be no other way.