The Geechee Gullah people want they Land Back!

Options
And Step
And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
GEECHEE GULLAH CULTURE SPOKESPERSON FROM SAPELO ISLAND, GEORGIA ANNOUNCES NON-GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION

The Regeneration Of An Indigenous Culture

ATLANTA, Georgia – Geechee Gullah Culture Spokesperson Reginald H. Hall announced today the establishment of the Geechee Gullah Culture Non-Government Organization, Incorporated. The NGO consist of an executive accountability team, a tribunal, and a legislative body.

This NGO intends, according to Hall, to remedy the current deprivation situation impacted by the illegal land claims of the Sapelo Island Heritage Authority and The Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Management Area of the state of Georgia. The area of concern is known in the culture as the ancestral Geechee settlement of Raccoon Bluff, consisting of 1,376.78 acres.

West Africans, enslaved and brought to America, embraced the conditions of the land, and nurtured the growth and survival of their families by connecting their strength and resilience to the land itself. Additionally, the spirit of their relationship with nature framed their existence as indigenous. The land — and everything that the land produced — became an expression known as “the indigenous culture of the Geechee Gullah people”.

“We intend to hold onto as well as reclaim lands,” Hall asserts, “that have legally belonged to our families since 1871, as well as preserve and create the economic sustainability that will allow us to pass on our culture for generations to come.”

For more information contact: info@geecheegullahculture.org

I wonder how Clarence Tomass feels?

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Uncle Clarence Thomas is the whitest ? i ever laid eye's on (no greek), I mean when i look at him...I swear i see a white guy, lol. I really hope those brothers and sisters get the land that their ancestors nutured, lived and died on. The Goverment needs to do that to the indigenous blacks from California around Simi Valley who was there before The Native Americans and Mexicans.
  • judah7
    judah7 Banned Users Posts: 23
    edited August 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    Uncle Clarence Thomas is the whitest ? i ever laid eye's on (no greek), I mean when i look at him...I swear i see a white guy, lol. I really hope those brothers and sisters get the land that their ancestors nutured, lived and died on. The Goverment needs to do that to the indigenous blacks and California around Simi Valley who was there before The Native Americans and Mexicans.

what is your stance on Mexicans and Native American Indians being Israelites? There was an uncontacted tribe of so called Indians found in the Amazon rainforest of Peru recently but from the looks of it they did not seem to carry the customs of the Hebrews.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They do realize that a lot of those decendants sold the land and moved away
  • waterproof
    edited August 2011
    Options
    judah7 wrote: »
    what is your stance on Mexicans and Native American Indians being Israelites? There was an uncontacted tribe of so called Indians found in the Amazon rainforest of Peru recently but from the looks of it they did not seem to carry the customs of the Hebrews.

SHALOM BROTHER THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTIONS IS IN Genesis 49 and Deuteronmy 33 AND the Apocrypha and use the Hebrew Word Strong Accordance because some brothers will tell you that Naphtali are Argentina and Chile but those who study and translate the Hebrew words they say The Naphtali are Pacific Islanders. Because MOAB were/are opressing them with the United States and Spaniards and they was sold into slavery into South America, New Zealand, and Austrilia
    ................................................ NAPHTALI AKA POLYNESIANS AKA ISRAELITES PT 2
  • waterproof
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And the Gullah slaves in South Carolina was praising our Elohim in those slaves fields, They brought over the song KUMBAYAH from Angola