Graduation gettin closer...social life gettin smaller

A1 Famega
A1 Famega Members Posts: 33
edited August 2011 in Growing Pains
Ok real close to gradaution
I dont goto to a major university or HBCU, i goto a technical school so its really not that on campus tradtional colege experience, but newayz
I hang with the same dudes from my hood I grew up with... nun went to school their all still playin the block.
Well anyways I'm bout a month or two from Graduation and my there is no hard feelins between us..I just aint on that ? no mo and now really have no social circle...lol
This or sumthin similiar happenin to anywunof yall
discuss

Comments

• King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    happens to everybody. u always gonna have ya boys who stayed back in ur hometown and still doin they thing. u just moving on to better things. show them love when u see them but ur in a diff place now, no need to get back down to their level esp if they doin illegal ? .

legal money >>> illegal money

it happens to all of us.
  • A1 Famega
    A1 Famega Members Posts: 33
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for the imput, I'm really ready for a change. I just really wonder what it ell be like, especially if I get a job OT. I kinda want to; i fresh start would be right about now. Bein around people who have only seen you as a young professional probablly would really change my life up.
  • dreamchaser
    dreamchaser Members Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    I was partly similar with you …… starting a brand new life might also be good ……we will meet lots of new people , new friends , nothing wont change……
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I totally understand this.

The dudes I grew up with, there were like 6 of us. Then ? starting dippin in the streets while I went to school.

Graduated, came back home, only bang with my closest friend now. We ended up being roommates for a couple of years. Now, I'm moving out of state, so even my time with him is coming to an end.

It's apart of life. They'll always be fam, but there are times where you have to accpet that people just won't move at your spped and you have two choices: speed up and do your own thing, or slow down to them and remain behind to where you wanna go.
  • jberry630
    jberry630 Members Posts: 11
    edited April 2011
    I'm in high school and it's kinda the same. A lot of the people here are kinda growing apart and breaking away and ish. There's gonna be new people next year at college and all that, but high school circles are kinda getting a little weaker. At least where I'm at.
  • bauer5152
    bauer5152 Members Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    A1 Famega wrote: »
    Ok real close to gradaution
    I dont goto to a major university or HBCU, i goto a technical school so its really not that on campus tradtional colege experience, but newayz
    I hang with the same dudes from my hood I grew up with... nun went to school their all still playin the block.
    Well anyways I'm bout a month or two from Graduation and my there is no hard feelins between us..I just aint on that ? no mo and now really have no social circle...lol
    This or sumthin similiar happenin to anywunof yall
    discuss
    Thanks you for the post.
  • Godillah
    Godillah Members Posts: 176
    edited June 2011
    Thats a good thing trust me.
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited July 2011
    Yea, been there. You never forget your old friends, but don't feel bad about making new ones and growing up. It is a part of life.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    It is a good thing to grow up and get new friends. Doesn't mean you gotta lose the old ones.