Why do producers advertise their beats to other producers?

Options
shtoopid
shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Fresh Produce
everytime i go on fresh produce, or futureproducers,or any beatmaking website, i always see atleast one ? tryna advertise his ? . making some "buy three beats get one free" thread thinking a bunch of producers is really about to buy some. ? should be advertising relevant skills like graphic design, and ? that'll actually get them some business.
have any of y'all tried to advertise your beats on a beat site? and if so, why? and did it actually get you any beat sales?

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I've always wondered about that as well. Some producers are very skilled so they don't need another producer's beats.
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    even if you was the wackest producer alive. why would you need someone else's beats for? what are you gonna do with em?
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited July 2011
    Options
    shtoopid wrote: »
    everytime i go on fresh produce, or futureproducers,or any beatmaking website, i always see atleast one ? tryna advertise his ? . making some "buy three beats get one free" thread thinking a bunch of producers is really about to buy some. ? should be advertising relevant skills like graphic design, and ? that'll actually get them some business.
    have any of y'all tried to advertise your beats on a beat site? and if so, why? and did it actually get you any beat sales?

I have been asking this question for the past 7 years!

Now...when cats come through with that dumb ? , I ask them how much of a deal I can get to buy ALL of their ? .

Their answers be so sincere that it cracks me up!
  • jrbtheproducer
    jrbtheproducer Members Posts: 82
    edited August 2011
    Options
    cause ya never know i guess.. what if a legend use to post in the ill community.. even crazier what if he got on his beat game and occasionally posted in FP would yall believe me? LOL

but the real reason is cause they are idiots haha
  • dee_dot
    dee_dot Members Posts: 25
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cause their idiots and no nothing about online marketing! You wouldn't market a weight loss program to somebody in shape? Same Logic
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lmao!

This ? is unreal!
  • calico_
    calico_ Members Posts: 133
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I thought the same ? when I read it lmao...
  • Zuzz
    Zuzz Members Posts: 6
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ...because some producers are rappers too. I guess, lol.