do muslims speak in tongues

Options
needmorecash
needmorecash Members Posts: 253
edited August 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
just curious., why or why not

Comments

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Not in the ? way some would have us believe.

Speaking in tongues means that you take the wisdom of the word and comunicate to people in different languages, dialects and from all walks of life.

Not this ? possessed trance like state that has these ? muttering unintelligble phrases, jumping around like their having seizures, that only happens in Church on Sunday. Question for those who claim to be possesed of the spirit to speak in tongues. How come this ? only happens from 11-2 on Sundays? How come you don't ever get the spirit on the job? Or in Traffic? Or in a job interview? Because you know that ass will get fired.

What kind of ? do you have that his spirit only operates in a small time frame on Sunday?

FOHWTBSS.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't think only Muslims do this, other types of people and religions do this too. It's a matter of being taken over by something greater than you, so I've heard.
  • needmorecash
    needmorecash Members Posts: 253
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Not in the ? way some would have us believe.

Speaking in tongues means that you take the wisdom of the word and comunicate to people in different languages, dialects and from all walks of life.

Not this ? possessed trance like state that has these ? muttering unintelligble phrases, jumping around like their having seizures, that only happens in Church on Sunday. Question for those who claim to be possesed of the spirit to speak in tongues. How come this ? only happens from 11-2 on Sundays? How come you don't ever get the spirit on the job? Or in Traffic? Or in a job interview? Because you know that ass will get fired.

i can speak in tongues at any time. i dont have to be "possessed of the spirit" like you say to do that.
    i asked for the gift and i received it. there are many gifts of the spirit. wish i could have them all.
    it would be really rare for me to speak at church just b/c the ones i been going to they dont do that,
    probably dont understand it. i just wouldnt want to be a distraction.

What kind of ? do you have that his spirit only operates in a small time frame on Sunday?