What is Kanye West's most career defining song?

Options
13»

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Jesus Walks for me..
  • bigkev915
    bigkev915 Members Posts: 24
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Flashing lights...
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Power and Jesus Walks I'd say. Power because of the representation he had and the song was an excellent way of bouncing back as it were. Jesus Walks because of how well produced it is and the fact that the lyrics match the feeling of the song too (whilst being a massively acclaimed song too, it got put in Rolling Stone's greatest songs ever at #273)
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think Cant tell me Nothing represents his career music wise and as far as the way he always carry his self.
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    love lockdown.

Once he comes out of the closet, ? gonna look at that song/vid like.............

He blatantly told us about this years ago lol

loooooooooooooooooooool
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Of all songs in the poll, I'd say Through The Wire. It was BIG record and introduced him to the world. With time it gained notoriety and importance, especially if you consider context and all things said in the song - accident and gradual rise to fame that at the time no one would expect to be as big as today.
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    All Falls Down followed by Jesus Walks.......

But the most defining moment of Kanye's career is ..........."George Bush doesn't care about Black people"
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »
    All Falls Down followed by Jesus Walks.......

But the most defining moment of Kanye's career is ..........."George Bush doesn't care about Black people"

Till he apologized to W. for saying it... that apology was an especially pathetic moment in hip hop history btw