? it why not...need some help/feedback.

Options
calico_
calico_ Members Posts: 133
edited August 2011 in Fresh Produce
My girl just copped me some audio technica ath-m50 headphones a couple weeks back and these joints are crazy. One of my main problems in my production is my drums and mixing needs work, and that's just because i cant turn up my music in my apartment complex so i cant hear it. So im working these joints into my production process and im starting to get the feel for making things sound better... i think anyway. Since I got these joints, I been sampling old school drums and playing crazy soul ? and riffs on top. I think i might of found my zone.

http://soundcloud.com/calicobeatz/dear-music

Let me know how yall think the drums and the mix fit together. Im kinda in an experimental phase as far as EQ'n and ? goes. What im really trying to ask is, what the ? do that ? sound like and what can i do to make sound better.

oh yeah if anybody has some old dope hi hat loops a ? need some bad. My hi hat programming sucks azz.

Comments

• mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The only problem I came across was the overall volume was lower than average (which really isn't a problem) and I think the loud snare at 1:47 could be done differently. Other than fine, I honestly have nothing bad to say.
  • calico_
    edited August 2011
    Options
    good look. yeah im trying to figure out how to raise the volume without distorting tha track..its harder than i thought. Good look on the feed. Im'a rework some ?
  • jrbtheproducer
    jrbtheproducer Members Posts: 82
    edited August 2011
    Options
    only open up when they falling down like a parachute.. sheesh

i have no advice at all haha
  • calico_
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol @ JRB thats one of my favorite lines. Good look though
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    word ? , Im using the same headphones, I had these for a while and refuse to buy another pair. I cant really give no opinion as far as your mix goes, I mean your mixes before were always on point, plus Im listening out of the same headphones. This track to me is dope of course, I mean, i have yet to learn how to mix vocals like that so your steps ahead of my ? ....Idk wat homie is talkin about with the snare or the volume...everything slaps.
  • Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    calico_ wrote: »
    good look. yeah im trying to figure out how to raise the volume without distorting tha track..its harder than i thought. Good look on the feed. Im'a rework some ?

compressors tend to work well with pumping the volume
  • Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    With drum mixing it's up to your preference. The only complaint i would have is that you should make more room for the vocals...