MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • Heartless_Mentality1
    Heartless_Mentality1 Members Posts: 147
    edited July 2011
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    If you eat too few calories your metabolism may slow down, lower energy levels, digestive system can mess up, your cholesterol can raise in your gallbladder which can effect its ability to expel bile, and/or stalled weight loss. I dont know if 1000 will put you there though *shrugs* Maybe you can try it for a couple/few weeks and see how your body responds.

Well geesh! Sucks for a person with an eating disorder! =(
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    post up patna

What up Pico.

Okay like I said I didn't do it exactly and got good results. I started taking a multi-vitamin, CLA capsules, and fish oil capsules and a fat burner. And I started my day with a 30 minute bike ride on an empty stomach. The meals break down like this.

Meal 1
    Protein Shake or skin milk

Meal 2
    Cup of oats with blueberries or strawberries or you can have 6-8 egg white

Meal 3
    Can of tuna or 4 slices of turkey bacon (I never did this meal being at work I'd forget)

Meal 4
    Chicken breast with brown rice

Meal 5
    Tilapia or chicken breast with veggies

Meal 6 (before going to sleep)
    Casein or Cottage Cheese (I'm not eating no cottage cheese but it's an option)

And I worked out kinda light too only 4 times that week. With the chicken breast and tilapia I made my own lettuce wraps.

As far as the question about slowing down your metabolism yeah that happens. The way they described it to me is your metabolism is like a heart rate monitor. It has to go up and down to function properly and if you don't feed your self it flat lines and shuts down. That's why 1 big meal a day is no good.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    What up Pico.

Okay like I said I didn't do it exactly and got good results. I started taking a multi-vitamin, CLA capsules, and fish oil capsules and a fat burner. And I started my day with a 30 minute bike ride on an empty stomach. The meals break down like this.

Meal 1
    Protein Shake or skin milk

Meal 2
    Cup of oats with blueberries or strawberries or you can have 6-8 egg white

Meal 3
    Can of tuna or 4 slices of turkey bacon (I never did this meal being at work I'd forget)

Meal 4
    Chicken breast with brown rice

Meal 5
    Tilapia or chicken breast with veggies

Meal 6 (before going to sleep)
    Casein or Cottage Cheese (I'm not eating no cottage cheese but it's an option)

And I worked out kinda light too only 4 times that week. With the chicken breast and tilapia I made my own lettuce wraps.

As far as the question about slowing down your metabolism yeah that happens. The way they described it to me is your metabolism is like a heart rate monitor. It has to go up and down to function properly and if you don't feed your self it flat lines and shuts down. That's why 1 big meal a day is no good.

this meal is definitely do-able
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    this meal is definitely do-able

man u lookin asian in yo avi now..
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Under 1000 is not acceptable. You'll get sick and defeat the purpose of being healthy.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I've never met anyone who needs to eat less than 1000 a day. No human should eat that little. Especially if you are working out.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I do this when I crash diet right before vacay

The downside is

You no energy

Upside you're ready for the beach

Definately not good for the long term
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I love these types of threads that completely ignore metabolism.

Some people can eat 3000 cals a day and LOSE weight...

There is no single answer...