Commercials with black men and their daughters

Options
KinkyCurls
KinkyCurls Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭
edited August 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
These are SO FAKE not even reality. LOL Dont you guys wish it was really like this? a black family where the dad is around. These commercials dont even PUSH black men to spend time with their children. What is the media trying to say with these commercials. There has to be a hidden agenda.

Comments

• Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Seriously though, what did your daddy do to you? Don't worry cos I'm here for you.........
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Seems you haven't meet King hassan.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ayo so I had thought I thawed out my ground meat since I left it in the fridge for like 3 days and the muhfucca was still frozen SMH
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ayo so I had thought I thawed out my ground meat since I left it in the fridge for like 3 days and the muhfucca was still frozen SMH

Put some hot water on it
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yall seen 30 minutes of less? That ? funny as hell!
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Put some hot water on it

Ya I put it in some hot water. Hopefully it will defrost completely and I can make some spaghetti by the time I get home from playing ball
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ya I put it in some hot water. Hopefully it will defrost completely and I can make some spaghetti by the time I get home from playing ball

Word it works everytime
  • pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    they want ya to be more feminine
  • kheiyah4life
    kheiyah4life Members Posts: 58
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I am truly surprised of the comments in here, i was expecting to see the obvious thing that's portrayed in the commercials! The fathers are around but the are acting feminine! A father singing "What a girl wants" in the target commercial and the other one a dad is a cheerleader. They are trying to keep hiding the real true strength of what a father really is in a girls life. he is not around just for entertainment. And of course if today's black men see men singing and dancing like women, they wouldn't be motivated in being a father. And also why are there girls in the commercials. How many commercials have you seen in just this year alone where a black boy has a black father around. Believe me that commercial was for affirmative action purposes only...they had a ? quota to meet!
  • refcortez
    refcortez Members Posts: 377 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

lmao @ you thawing out ground meat for spaghetti like you're cooking chicken, steak or something. just throw that ? in the pan and season it as it cooks.
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    refcortez wrote: »
    lmao @ you thawing out ground meat for spaghetti like you're cooking chicken, steak or something. just throw that ? in the pan and season it as it cooks.

• Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    How Come you love to complain about these light hearted commercials. Yet you say nothing whatsoever about them endless and disgusting episodes on the Maury Show....that depict black men as worthless and never taking responsibility for what they produce. Why don't you concentrate on those kind of issues ? Y-not?? --- What about black women and the fact that over 70% of their babies are born out of wedlock. Just recently I saw a cute commercial with this black man/ & his children camping out in the backyard of his home with his kids because the power was out? - & one of his kids looks around and says: Dad how come the Jones/next-door neighbor lights are on. I found that funny and not demeaning whatsoever.....is there anything in life some of you agitators won't nip-pick about/apart?

I chuckled at the bolded when I saw that commercial!!!
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yo if there is one person on this site i could ban...

? you would be it
  • kheiyah4life
    kheiyah4life Members Posts: 58
    edited August 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    How Come you love to complain about these light hearted commercials. Yet you say nothing whatsoever about them endless and disgusting episodes on the Maury Show....that depict black men as worthless and never taking responsibility for what they produce. Why don't you concentrate on those kind of issues ? Y-not?? --- What about black women and the fact that over 70% of their babies are born out of wedlock. Just recently I saw a cute commercial with this black man/ & his children camping out in the backyard of his home with his kids because the power was out? - & one of his kids looks around and says: Dad how come the Jones/next-door neighbor lights are on. I found that funny and not demeaning whatsoever.....is there anything in life some of you agitators won't nip-pick about/apart?

I Feel you snapping on maury too! but that's just the thing they either showing black men all the way stupid or just feminine, ? . Not the real strong black men out here that are working hard and taking care of their families and not being "female like playmates" for their daughters. So their daughters grow up wanting what their fathers are.
  • JayToTheZ
    JayToTheZ Members Posts: 454
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wow, do you black people have to think that every single thing that has you black people in it is racist?