Football training

Options
tru_m.a.c
tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Weight Room
So I know we got some athletes in here somewhere. I just wanted to know if anybody in here still trained like they did for their sports teams and what not???

I linked up with some dudes from my high school football team this summer and we went crazy on the field!

Comments

• Millions Knives
    Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Google Dan John football training......or just search and read his articles on tnation.com

Very credible source when it comes to football training, and his creditinals speak for itselve. (hope that helps fam)
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Google Dan John football training......or just search and read his articles on tnation.com

Very credible source when it comes to football training, and his creditinals speak for itselve. (hope that helps fam)

appreciate it...i wasn't looking for a source as so much as I was trying to see who on this board does ? beside work out to look good
  • Millions Knives
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Word.....? I played Football all 4 years of High School. And my first two years in College.
    After I had my daughter I just tend to workout just cuz I dont feel right if I dont.
  • rapstar39
    rapstar39 Members Posts: 521
    edited August 2011
    Options
    t/s what year are u in high school
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Word.....? I played Football all 4 years of High School. And my first two years in College.
    After I had my daughter I just tend to workout just cuz I dont feel right if I dont.

pretty much...how was college ball for you...why'd you stop???
    rapstar39 wrote: »
    t/s what year are u in high school

Nah I'm done with high school. Just graduated from PSU actually. But you know summer time is when everybody comes back. So it was cool being able to train with my old teammates and what not.

Its also cool training with the younger kids and helping them progress for the season
  • Millions Knives
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It was cool for the most part, were not a division 1 school so it wont like on no orange bowl type ? . We finished every season above 500.

I stopped playing college ball ever since my daughters mother passed away, and had to become a full time single parent.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It was cool for the most part, were not a division 1 school so it wont like on no orange bowl type ? . We finished every season above 500.

I stopped playing college ball ever since my daughters mother passed away, and had to become a full time single parent.

Damn, breh, props on stopping up.
  • rapstar39
    edited August 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    pretty much...how was college ball for you...why'd you stop???

Nah I'm done with high school. Just graduated from PSU actually. But you know summer time is when everybody comes back. So it was cool being able to train with my old teammates and what not.

Its also cool training with the younger kids and helping them progress for the season

oh word u played ball up there.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited August 2011
    Options

Wow thats deep bruh. My condolences. Its good to that we got dudes out there willing to step up and take care of their responsibilities no matter the circumstance.

What position did you play?
    rapstar39 wrote: »
    oh word u played ball up there.

Nah. When I got there everybody I talked to said it was really political. I didn't want/need that kind of conflict in my life. I just wanted the enjoyment of football. I really wish I played Rugby though. I didn't get exposed to it til my junior year and by then I was just focused on graduating.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I ran track & cross country from age 11 thru high school. Every now and again, I'd get on the track and do some drills and workouts that I remember.

I planned on signing up for an aquathlon so I have something to train for & get back in shape but I couldn't really do much for a while.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited August 2011
    Options
    An aquathlon...ima have to research that a bit
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited August 2011
    Options
    An aquathlon...ima have to research that a bit

basically it's the triathalon with out the cycling portion. I'm going to have to wait until next year to do one. The shorter events (other than Sept 11) are done for the year in my area. I am no no shape for anything like that right now.

This girl I ran track with has a bootcamp program so I might see what's up with that for now.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited August 2011
    Options
    basically it's the triathalon with out the cycling portion. I'm going to have to wait until next year to do one. The shorter events (other than Sept 11) are done for the year in my area. I am no no shape for anything like that right now.

This girl I ran track with has a bootcamp program so I might see what's up with that for now.

like 2 ppl died in a recent triathalon in NYC
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited August 2011
    Options
    like 2 ppl died in a recent triathalon in NYC

word? like 2 people died in football practice...gotta be careful out there. jk..

but I was planning on doing the shorter events. 1.5 - 2.5 mile run & up to a 400m swim.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hard to train like during hell week when your not bein motivated by your team, but gotta keep up the workouts after graduation.
  • ThatA
    ThatA Members Posts: 566
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I pretty much hated a lot of the workouts our coach gave us in high school 'cause they were so simple: bench, squat, deadlift, power clean. There was nothing specific about developing your chest or your biceps, etc. so when we stepped out on the field we looked mad weird. I started researching how to get defined and stuff and changed up the routine. I'm not swole yet, but by the end of the year I should be pretty big!
  • rapstar39
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ThatA wrote: »
    I pretty much hated a lot of the workouts our coach gave us in high school 'cause they were so simple: bench, squat, deadlift, power clean. There was nothing specific about developing your chest or your biceps, etc. so when we stepped out on the field we looked mad weird. I started researching how to get defined and stuff and changed up the routine. I'm not swole yet, but by the end of the year I should be pretty big!

how old are you now and what workouts helped you on the field the most
  • MarshalJames
    MarshalJames Members Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I s this a really thread for football training ? if yes then what sort of training is this.I could not find any thing related to foot ball here.Is this a joke man ?