LOOKS LIKE ITS A WRAP FOR GHADAFFI (Tripoli falling, Qadaffi fleeing w/ sons?)

Comments

• @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Libyans started that rebellion themselves. NATO offered to help. If NATO offers to help Michigan, that's their call. But Michigan should get jobs and stop hating.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    NATO offered to help, and America didn't have to get involved. I understand America is the backbone and spine of what NATO does around the world, but being tied down in two losing and costly wars, along with a bad economy, Obama could have easily told NATO "sorry guys, can't do it". Libya should have been handled by the rebels and rebels alone.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    And don't get me started on the real reason why we're over there......
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    lmfao @ Kingblaze

this ? is using the same weak-ass logic Republicans use to argue that we should cut off gov't funding to PBS and NPR

i.e, pretending that a relatively trivial amount of gov't money spent on something I DISAGREE WITH is a GIGANTIC UNACCEPTABLE WASTE even though the actual amount spent amounts to 0.000000000000000000001% of the yearly budget

you try to point out that this is stupid because, again, the actual amount spent ain't ? to the Gov't, but then they ignore you to go on about all the wonderful things they'd do with said amount instead

for conservatives, this usually involves taking that half-billion WASTED on NPR and using it to build a REAL BORDER FENCE THAT'S 1000 FT TALL AND SAVE AMERICA.

for Kingblaze, this involves taking that one billion WASTED on helping Libyans overthrow a dictator and using it to END CHILD POVERTY/FIX EVERY ? UP CITY & STATE BUDGET/MEDICARE FOR ALL/WHATEVER.

*Stringer Bell voice* "Take that ? somewhere else ? !"

i mean at least with the conservatives, a half billion could be conceivably used to construct a big border fence.....but Kingblaze know damn well that one billion is only enough to fix ONE U.S city budget
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    And with that long speech over Swiff, the reality is that one BILLION could have still been spent on fixing an American city. If you spread that billion enough, 2 of 3 could be helped out. This Libyan thing isn't gona boost anybody's approval ratings, believe that lol.....I'm not hating, but facts are facts. That money should have been spent here in America, and let's be real, the US is gonna be spending billions by the time all is said and done. I already heard we would be there for "weeks, not months". I know damn well we'll be there for years to come, as cities in America continue to struggle with unemployment and bad infrastructure.
  • toomy
    toomy Members Posts: 369
    edited August 2011
    RT says Nato is not winning. British and French Nationals are threatening journalist. He says that NATO will claim there is a blood bath and then seek direct intervention by Army.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    usa usa usa

Exactly! USA is da best!
  • toomy
    toomy Members Posts: 369
    edited August 2011
    journalist said that a CNN producer threatened his life.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I got a bad feeling about this...

But now gaddifi is out who is going to replace him?... will libya become a democracy or will washington support the installation of another brute dictatorship that better serves the strategic interests of the US, as well as the operations of the giant oil and gas companies....

Will chaos and a civil war ensue?

Will the US eventually have to spend more and MORE MONEY and send more and MORE TROOPS if ? doesn't stabilize.... which is a big possibility
    especially since they are sitting on so much oil

I dunno....seems like we have another iraq on our hands.

meanwhile libya's people will continue to suffer

we supposedly saved the lives millions of Libyan protesters but seems to me in the long run the US would've been better suited to sit this one out. people have died and are going to continue die whether or not the US stepped in or not ....and like i was sayin its likely that another brute dictator will take up where gaddifi left off anyways....
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Damn...The end of an era...

& cosign all of that Michigan talk..We have 1st, 2nd & 3rd world areas.

DoD & Capitol Hill don't give a ? about that doe...Do for self.
  • musicology1985
    edited August 2011
    I also appreciate the fact that Gaddaffi is not willingly giving up anything, including his title as leader of Libya...He's going at it with dignity which is very respectable. African revolving door politics, as usual.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    machine gunning your own citizens is dignity?
  • musicology1985
    edited August 2011
    machine gunning your own citizens is dignity?

That's just a part of politics in many areas of the world..Over here, we just call it police brutality & it's mainly done with semi-auto's.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    you're right, a dictator's army slaughtering civilians is exactly the same issue as cops shooting Pookie from the block when he ran away because he had ? on him and prior convictions

same thing no problem real talk u mad nas lost
  • musicology1985
    edited August 2011
    you're right, a dictator's army slaughtering civilians

yup...same thing, different Nation..The reasons vary depending on where you're at...Gaddaffi had a good run
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    so who is america's dictator? the lightskin brother we elected?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    That money wouldv'e been better spent bailing out American cities and states, so NO I don't see any good reason to have wasted money on this damn war.
    i guess i should repeat myself. "you might not like to spend the money for that reason as much as OTHER reasons --it's totally fine to prioritize-- but that's also not the same thing as "no good reason."" i admit that DID save me some time.
    If you expect me to give American govt props for this, look for another poster.
    i don't expect you to give America credit for anything, as your internet identity is 100% tied up in being an anti-American rebel. but shouldn't you want America to spend money fixing other countries since you're moving out of here as soon as you make those millions of dollars here in America?
    I highly doubt Congress and the White House will get any major approval rating bumps from this but hey Gadafi is gone and yes he was a bad guy.
    whoops, looks like you accidentally found that good reason
    ---I'd love it even more if my tax payer money was spent at home fixing problems like this.
    i'd love it if you realized that we all understood your argument as stated
    NATO offered to help, and America didn't have to get involved. I understand America is the backbone and spine of what NATO does around the world-
    wait, do you? because you said we didn't have to get involved... but you also said we were the backbone of NATO...
    Libya should have been handled by the rebels and rebels alone.
    and if it could NOT have been, is the answer really "? the rebels, let Gaddafi beat them?"

because here is LITERALLY the argument you would be making right now if that happened: "see, America can get involved when they want to steal IRAQ'S OIL or AFGHANISTAN'S ... POMEGRANATES, but when they have a chance to do an unselfish thing, they let Gaddafi win. WHY DOESN'T AMERICA CARE ABOUT LIYBA?!"
    And don't get me started on the real reason why we're over there......
    you might as well run with the BLOOD FOR OIL internet thing because the actual steady theme between your posts on Libya is "America = always bad"
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    lol @ them never really having his son.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20095763.shtml
    When asked about the ICC's claim that he was arrested by rebels, he said: "The ICC can go to hell," and added "We are going to break the backbone of the rebels."

At Bab al-Aziziya he shook hands with his supporters, who waved green flags and posters of his father. He blamed NATO for bringing rebels into the capital through the sea.
    and
    He claimed NATO and the West distorted Libyan communications.

"They sent text messages to the Libyan people through the Libyana network. They stopped our broadcast transmission. They perpetuated an electronic and media war in order to spread chaos and fear in Libya. Also they brought gangs from the sea and by car to Tripoli," Saif said.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited August 2011
    obama-gaddafi-handshake-091709-lg.jpg

Hillary%2BClinton%2Band%2BMutassim%2BGadhafi.jpg..........................
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Adds another country to the list that the U.S goes into and steals resources from......scared to go into Iran and North Korea when both leaders have invited the U.S to come step foot soil on their countries turf but the invite was declined..reminds me of the bully in elementary school who wouldn't go close to the kids who were above 5"2.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited August 2011
    Syria next, then Iran.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    They don't want it with Iran and there is evidence to show this....Ahmadinejad will go down Scarface style if they go in there. There might be a Black Hawk Down pt 2 if they decide to in there.

The mission would be too costly as well.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    They don't want it with Iran and there is evidence to show this....Ahmadinejad will go down Scarface style if they go in there. There might be a Black Hawk Down pt 2 if they decide to in there.

The mission would be too costly as well.

I agree, Iran would be way too costly. I don't see America attacking Iran unless a Republican gets elected president in 2012, and even than there won't be much appetite for a long war. If Romney, Bachmann, or Perry get elected, Iran will be bombed to hell, but only a few U.S. troops will get involved. Those troops will still be getting busy in Afghanistan, lol.

I will say this though, Chavez and Ahmadinejad must be VERY nervous right now.